Author Topic: Residue  (Read 3115 times)

aquariusbutafly

Residue
« on: June 12, 2015, 04:35:55 AM »
There is a brownish residue at the bottom of jar after making a batch. Okay or not?

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: Residue
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 11:04:52 AM »
Yes, its ok if your colloidal silver is not cloudy and is yellow colored.  You should clean your jar after every batch though.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

aquariusbutafly

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 01:17:23 AM »
The colloidal silver was pale yellow. However it was initially cloudy, but after it say over night it was clear. What does this mean?

tibetan

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 11:15:55 PM »
I was wondering the same thing! How much oxide residue that collects on the bottom of the jar is the norm? Dies it become higher amounts for higher ppm batches?

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 04:15:22 PM »
It is, of itself, not harmful but not effective at being an antibacterial. I allow my batches to settle out and if any appears, decant it off. As others have said, vigorous stirring and/or production with heat normally eliminates it.

If producing "cold" then I always allow the batch to rest for a day or so, to see if any fallout of silver oxide occurs. If I am not producing for others, I just drinki it. Never had any issues, the amount is too small.

aquariusbutafly

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 09:13:31 PM »
So if it is cloudy immediately after making but clear after sitting for awhile, what does that mean? Also,what does it mean to produce "cold?"
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 11:48:04 PM by aquariusbutafly »

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 12:11:47 PM »
It means that the particles that were making it cloudy either settled out or dissolved.
Cold means room temperature.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.