Author Topic: maltodextrine reducing agent  (Read 3773 times)

Leon Knook

maltodextrine reducing agent
« on: February 15, 2015, 07:38:02 PM »
I'm a little confused which ratio to use for my maltodextrine reducing agent.
I have done some reading in the postings but could not find a clear mix to use.
I have 1 kilo (1000 gram) of pure maltodextrine powder. This version whatever 'pure' means is for sport training.
There are no codes elsewhere on the package.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbhw87q2cn5387o/20150215_202508.jpg?dl=0

Please some help. I red somewhere a half teaspoon with 1 quart distilled water? Is that 946.353 milliliter?
I'm in Europe so having some troubles with converting to metrics :-\

Kind regard,
Leon.

Leon Knook

Re: maltodextrine reducing agent
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 07:57:14 PM »
I used colloidal silver for years the wrong way :(
I follow the instructions on Youtube from this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xur-oP3bmbc
He is using corn sirup but that is hard to get over here and I red in this forum maltodextrine is even better for making colloidal silver 20PPM. But if it must be a half of a teaspoon with 1 liter/quarter then that is a very low concentrated mixture. That is the reason why I'm confused.

Leon Knook

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 08:27:37 PM »
I found that info over here.
http://www.cgcsforum.org/index.php?topic=2133.msg18449#msg18449

By Kehpra:
You can substitute maltodextrin for the corn syrup... 1/2 tsp per quart ought to do it with plenty to spare.

But what is your advice?

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 08:32:30 PM »
That means 1/2 tsp per quart of colloidal silver, not to make a substitute for corn syrup.
So to make 1 quart of colloidal silver (or 1 liter) you would add 1/2 teaspoon to the quart to reduce the silver.

You could also make invert sugar from cane sugar which is comparable to corn syrup, or use pure glucose which I think you can obtain there.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Leon Knook

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 08:41:43 PM »
Ah now I understand, thank you very much! One step closer to make real colloidal silver ;)

Leon Knook

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 09:37:38 PM »
My first batch with the suggested half a teaspoon of Maltodextrine + 1 liter ionic silver. In this stage it is still warm and have to cool down. It is embarrassing I did not make the proper colloidal silver before. The result where zero so lets try this stuff and see what can be done.
A question:  How much should I use on a daily basis as a standard health doses?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jc6myp5a6cpudck/20150217_222445.jpg?dl=0

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 10:34:23 PM »
I know you can buy glucose powder in the pharmacies in Europe.  I have a friend in Austria who was able to get a small bottle of it (which is plenty as you only need 40mg of it per liter to reduce 20PPM Ionic Silver to Colloidal Silver). It was much more expensive than in the US (here its about $2.25/pound - 454g but thats a 100 lifetime supply - wink).

40mg is impossible to measure.  Take a 1/8teaspoon measuring spoon and fill it to about 1/4 of the height with glucose powder and you're around 100-150mg which is plenty - the extra will just make the Ionic Silver reduce faster but it won't hurt anything.

Health dose?  NEVER! This is NOT a health supplement!  They sell it as such in health food stores in the US (maybe abroad?) because thats the only way they can get it past the "powers that be that regulate health supplements and drugs".  It is equivalent to a very powerful antibiotic.  When you're sick, start taking it at several ounces to even 8oz twice a day for up to 10 days and if you're not better by then or if you keep getting sicker, SEE A DOCTOR!  If, however, your health improves and you get better, just like with an antibiotic your doctor would prescribe, stop taking it till your sick again.  Your doctor would NOT put you on a daily dose of antibiotics forever, would he?  NO!  Same here.  This is "medicine", not a health supplement.  Please don't get that wrong.

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 12:44:00 PM »
A smear of Golden Syrup on a wooden Starbucks coffee-stirrer will reduce 250 ml of Ionic Silver Oxide beautifully. A drop is more than adequate. You can get Golden Syrup in squeezy bottles if you want; this makes dripping it into the glass retort very simple.

Leon Knook

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 06:37:25 PM »
Thank for the additional info. I got it. It is a medicine not a everyday vitamin tablet.
I found way more info and warnings elsewhere on this forum, very helpful.