Author Topic: How much is too much reducing agent  (Read 45291 times)

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: How much is too much reducing agent
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2022, 12:08:44 AM »
Kephra If I add aloe vera to the ionic silver, can a reduction occur? So I added and the solution turned amber yellow. I would not like the reduction to occur.
There are many plants and plant materials which will reduce silver.  I tested only a few of them. 
You might try adding hydrogen peroxide to your mix.  Peroxide reconverts silver to ionic silver, which is why it will clean the silver staining from glassware.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Kaio

« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2022, 12:37:38 AM »
What a great idea Kephra. Is 10 volume peroxide better in this case? How many drops in 1 liter?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 10:57:47 PM by Kaio »

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2022, 01:39:21 AM »
What a great idea Kephra. Is 10 volume peroxide better in this case? How many drops in 1 liter? That way we would have an ionic silver even containing aloe vera inside, right? I ask because I don't want to take the aloe vera.
i would add 1 ml peroxide at a time, with at least 10 minutes in between.  If the product loses its color, you have successfully converted the nanoparticles back to ions.  Do not be in a hurry as the reaction is slow.  It may only need 1ml (20 to 25 drops).  If successful with 1 ml, try cutting it in half the next time.
I have not tried this with aloe vera, so please let me know how it works.
10 volume (3%) is fine.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Kaio

« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2022, 01:04:13 PM »
Kephra, today I tested various concentrations of hydrogen peroxide and 1ml/liter resulted in no visible change in colloidal silver. To lighten it, 5ml was needed, and to be very transparent, 10ml/liter was needed. As it is only for external use, is there any problem using this concentration of hydrogen peroxide? It is worth mentioning that I did the test on only 50ml of colloidal silver, using the proportions. I will attach a photo showing how it was before and how it was after in the small measuring cup.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 10:56:49 PM by Kaio »

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2022, 01:35:44 PM »
There should be no problem.  When peroxide reacts with silver, the byproduct is simply water.  I commend you on doing the experiment on 50ml samples.

Kaio

« Reply #110 on: June 23, 2022, 06:25:15 PM »
I used this carbonate to make the electrolyte and produce this colloidal silver. That's right?

Kaio

« Reply #111 on: June 23, 2022, 06:37:17 PM »
Kephra, I found this one too. Which is better for electrolyte production?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 10:56:01 PM by Kaio »

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #112 on: June 23, 2022, 10:21:14 PM »
Carbonato de sodio (sodium carbonate) is the correct one.

Kaio

« Reply #113 on: June 28, 2022, 06:11:16 PM »
Kephra, when we reverse the colloidal silver reduction process, using hydrogen peroxide, is there any loss of silver ions? Is the quality of ionic silver changed?

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #114 on: June 28, 2022, 09:11:05 PM »
Kephra, when we reverse the colloidal silver reduction process, using hydrogen peroxide, is there any loss of silver ions? Is the quality of ionic silver changed?
There will be no silver lost.  It will be converted back into silver oxide.  It may affect the aloe vera though.

PatrickJ

« Reply #115 on: June 28, 2022, 11:00:29 PM »
Will heat speed up the process of reverting back to ionic? What if the Colloidal Silver is over 20PPM? Will anything over 20PPM precipitate out?

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #116 on: June 29, 2022, 12:59:07 AM »
Will heat speed up the process of reverting back to ionic? What if the Colloidal Silver is over 20PPM? Will anything over 20PPM precipitate out?
Heat usually speeds up reactions, and yes if the silver ppm is above about 20, it will precipitate out.