Author Topic: HOW TO MAKE COLLOIDAL SILVER if you can't get a SilverTron  (Read 47641 times)

Etheric Zone 1111

Re: HOW TO MAKE COLLOIDAL SILVER if you can't get a SilverTron
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2020, 02:27:52 PM »
I am not a big coins collector or know much about silver.
Can someone help me with this: Scarce 1985 1oz .999 Fine Silver Jelenko Dental Health Products Silver Art Bar.
Is this real .999 silver or just an art bar. Will this be a good choice?
Thank you.

Canadian Maple leaf silver coins are 9999

Either .999 fine or .9999 fine are both OK. Unless you buy a Maple Leaf, don't bother with .9999 fine, as the premiums are absurd. A .999 fine bar is no worse than .9999 fine, and most bullion authorities consider that .999 fine tests the same as .9999 fine under spectroscopic analysis.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 02:34:52 PM by cfnisbet »

Etheric Zone 1111

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2020, 02:53:22 PM »
Thank you I didn’t know that🙏

Etheric Zone 1111

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2020, 03:47:31 PM »
Cathode Gauge Question :

I will be using 10 Gauge silver Anode, I have 18 Gauge Fire alarm Copper Wire, I checked the specs it said solid copper I hope no other metals are mixed in, I also have a 6-8 Gauge copper Rod .

Which will work better for the  electrolysis process ?

Thanks Ed

They will be very similar; use either, both will be fine.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 03:56:45 PM by cfnisbet »

Offline Turbidaceous

• Participant
  • Living in the UK
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2020, 03:51:46 PM »
The thinner the copper the better. No metal comes off the cathode. Just make sure it's bare metal so it will be electrically conductive with the water. I use 0.4mm copper wire, very flimsy stuff, not sure what gauge that is but it's really thin. The thinner it is, the deeper you can insert it, which is important if you are making Colloidal Silver using a hotplate since you lose water through evaporation.

Etheric Zone 1111

« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2020, 03:58:17 PM »
Thank you!

I’ll be using the thinner 18Gauge copper.

Ed

Offline Turbidaceous

• Participant
  • Living in the UK
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2020, 04:35:51 PM »
26 gauge is what I use. I looked it up here https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/awg-wire-gauge-d_731.html

Smoke7

« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2020, 05:20:55 PM »
Can someone help me with this: Scarce 1985 1oz .999 Fine Silver Jelenko Dental Health Products Silver Art Bar.
Thank you.

Either .999 fine or .9999 fine are both OK. Unless you buy a Maple Leaf, don't bother with .9999 fine, as the premiums are absurd. A .999 fine bar is no worse than .9999 fine, and most bullion authorities consider that .999 fine tests the same as .9999 fine under spectroscopic analysis.
Thank you all for help.
This is the one I just bought of the E-Bay. I hope I've got the right one.  :)

Yes, that's good.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 08:03:36 PM by cfnisbet »

Offline Turbidaceous

• Participant
  • Living in the UK
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2020, 05:47:29 PM »
Looks good. Make sure you do not have any crocodile clips or anything else attached to it that touch the water. Only have the silver touching the water.

Yes, correct; very important.

Thank you.

Thank you all for help.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 01:48:48 PM by cfnisbet »

Smoke7

« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2020, 06:24:01 PM »
Looks good. Make sure you do not have any crocodile clips or anything else attached to it that touch the water. Only have the silver touching the water.

Thank you.

Thank you all for help.

Thank you.
I am going to drill a hole on top of the bar and attache the copper wire. (No crocodile clips ;) ) Do I need to solder the copper wire to the silver bar or just do a couple of loops will be enough to pass electricity through it?
Thanks again, you guys ROCK !!!

Any way is OK as long as it's a firm connection, but just don't let the junction or suspension wire touch the water.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 08:06:49 PM by cfnisbet »

Etheric Zone 1111

« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2020, 06:28:40 PM »
The price is not bad at all , going to buy 1!

Thanks Ed

Offline FromTheDen

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2020, 07:53:07 PM »
@Smoke7, I may be paranoid, but I would not use copper wire to attach the silver bar. Especially if you are using heat, I think there could be moisture that would get on the copper wire, complete the circuit, and suck some copper into the electrolysis. It might be worth the investment to get some silver wire.

The basic instructions call for cleaning the electrode at the end of the process. That is fine for making a liter of 20ppm. If you start make higher ppm with heat & gelatin, you will need to fire clean the bar along the way, perhaps several times. For example, when making a liter of 320ppm at 15mA, I clean the anode (& wipe the cathode) about every 20 minutes at the beginning. Toward the end, it seems like I can extend the time to 30-35 minutes. I also find that I get less build up of silver oxide on the cathode when I run with the water hotter.

The SH-2 on eBay or Amazon is an economical stirring hot plate. I see Amazon has an even cheaper stirring hot plate available now, but I don't know anything about that one. I've used an SH-2 for several years.

Smoke7

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2020, 09:01:03 PM »
@Smoke7, I may be paranoid, but I would not use copper wire to attach the silver bar. Especially if you are using heat, I think there could be moisture that would get on the copper wire, complete the circuit, and suck some copper into the electrolysis. It might be worth the investment to get some silver wire.

The basic instructions call for cleaning the electrode at the end of the process. That is fine for making a liter of 20ppm. If you start make higher ppm with heat & gelatin, you will need to fire clean the bar along the way, perhaps several times. For example, when making a liter of 320ppm at 15mA, I clean the anode (& wipe the cathode) about every 20 minutes at the beginning. Toward the end, it seems like I can extend the time to 30-35 minutes. I also find that I get less build up of silver oxide on the cathode when I run with the water hotter.

The SH-2 on eBay or Amazon is an economical stirring hot plate. I see Amazon has an even cheaper stirring hot plate available now, but I don't know anything about that one. I've used an SH-2 for several years.

OH, thank you!!!
I didn't think about moister. I do have two silver rods that I am using to make colloidal silver; once I receive the silver bar I can attach one of the rods to the silver bar.
Thanks again.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 09:36:58 PM by Smoke7 »

Offline Turbidaceous

• Participant
  • Living in the UK
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2020, 09:45:16 PM »
I drilled a 2mm hole in my silver and bought 2mm silver wire and used that instead of copper so in a worst case scenario if water splashes on it, the only contact with the water is always silver. No solder needed. Avoid that. I just used my pliers to bend an eyelet to hold it in place.

I personally don't do this, but it's a very good idea.

Thank you.

Thank you all for help.

Thank you.
I am going to drill a hole on top of the bar and attache the copper wire. (No crocodile clips ;) ) Do I need to solder the copper wire to the silver bar or just do a couple of loops will be enough to pass electricity through it?
Thanks again, you guys ROCK !!!

Any way is OK as long as it's a firm connection, but just don't let the junction or suspension wire touch the water.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 01:51:36 PM by cfnisbet »

JMAL

« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2020, 10:04:01 PM »

Add the electrolyte and reducing agent to the distilled water.
(Do not add the gelatine until the end, if you are going to use gelatine as a capping agent).

If adding a gelatine capping agent at the end, am I to also to use a reducing agent with the electrolyte during the making process?

Thanks

Yes, make the Colloidal Silver the normal way; if you add the reducing agent at the beginning then that's what you do before gelatine capping at the end of the run.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 01:53:18 PM by cfnisbet »

Offline FromTheDen

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2020, 08:45:33 PM »
Thank you @cfnisbet for putting together this excellent summary and simple way to start without a SilverTron!

As new folks start asking questions, the response is often, "Begin by reading the Articles section." I want to emphasize that again. As much as cfnisbet has packed into this post, it is still not a substitute for reading the Articles section.

There you'll find recipes for different versions of colloidal silver, how much reducer to use, and how to make dilute Karo with distilled water. Elsewhere on the forum you can find that it will keep longer if you dilute with vodka instead of distilled water. OK, that may be in the Articles too and I missed it.

Another option for filtering is using a Keurig style reusable basket in a funnel. I suspect the metal screen is not fine enough to catch particles of silver oxide precipitate, but if you're cleaning your electrodes frequently enough, you shouldn't have much of that.