Author Topic: Requesting help.  (Read 48273 times)

muhendisane

Re: Requesting help.
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2019, 03:04:13 PM »
@kephra to learn and clarify the exact amounts instead of aprroximate drop amounts of electrolyte solution, I measure the weight of the electrolyte drops for full of tea spoon as you say. I count 35 drops from my dropper bottle to fill the tea spoon. Divided this by five = 7 drops for 1 liter. Also total amount of 35 drops, weighs 1.33 grams.

I buy washing soda from grocery store, measure the weight of the soda 12.40grams in 100ml beker and i added require amount of DW to fill it to the 100ml level.   

You all can see drop count weight in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwProqwnu6E
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 03:10:57 PM by muhendisane »

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2019, 05:43:15 PM »
Well there is something wrong with your measurement.  For a 1 liter batch, you should use 1 ml of 1 molar sodium carbonate.  1 ml weighs about 1 gram.  Your teaspoon showed a weight of 1.3 grams when full.

A standard teaspoon holds 5 ml, so should weigh 5 grams of water.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

muhendisane

« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2019, 09:42:27 PM »
@kephra, yes you're right. I think my teaspoon is smaller one. I'm not living in the us. I measured it again. 1ml of DW weighs exactly 1.00 grams, and 1ml of Electrolyte weighs exact 1.10 grams. And with my dropper bottle 25 drops weighs 1.10 grams. So if i put 25 drops electrolyte from my dropper bottle to the 1 liter batch, i am putting 1ml of electrolyte.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2019, 09:46:47 PM »
Glad I could help :)
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

muhendisane

« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2019, 04:02:56 PM »
Glad I could help :)

Glad i found you and this forum. Thanks for everything.

muhendisane

« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2019, 10:53:01 AM »
Does the Sodium Chloride has to be chemically pure and food grade? Or just any washing soda without extra detergent additives would be fine?

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2019, 12:22:54 PM »
I think you are cnfusing sodium carbonate with sodium chloride.
Sodium chloride has no place in making colloidal silver.
Sodium carbonate should have no extra ingredients.
You can make sodium carbonate from baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) by baking it, but only use 1.6 10.6 grams of the powder to make 100ml of electroyte.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 04:47:11 PM by kephra »

muhendisane

« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2019, 04:37:00 PM »
Sorry, i mean sodium carbonate. I did misspelling.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2019, 04:46:36 PM »
OOPS,  I said 1.6 grams which should have been 10.6 grams.

muhendisane

« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2019, 04:50:32 PM »
I think we're not at our best today  :)

muhendisane

« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2019, 05:30:49 PM »
Are these oxygen or hydrogen bubbles coming off the cathode and thats mean too much current or just silver positive / negative ions interchange between electrodes (i don't remember the technical name right now)?

https://youtu.be/7g8WBBVSTMY

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2019, 06:10:45 PM »
Are these oxygen or hydrogen bubbles coming off the cathode and thats mean too much current or just silver positive / negative ions interchange between electrodes (i don't remember the technical name right now)?

https://youtu.be/7g8WBBVSTMY

No, thats not what it means.  The bubbles from the cathode are hydrogen gas from sodium metal reacting with water.

Ionic sodium is reduced on the cathode creating metallic sodium.  Metallic sodium reacts violently with water producing hydrogen an sodium hydroxide.

Offline Turbidaceous

• Participant
  • Living in the UK
« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2020, 09:24:11 PM »
Hi.

I am trying to figure out the best, cheapest setup I can do. I bought from America a cheap system which is essentially instructions and a couple crocodile leads with a 10k resistor fitted inline with the positive lead. Instructions say clip three 9v batteries in series and connect the negative to the stainless steel bowl and the positive to the silver which you dangle into the bowl but ensuring it is suspended and not touching the bowl. Great, I have that down. But all it does is make clear ionic it seems with perhaps some colloidal. I have added some Golden Syrup as suggested here and elsewhere and it is still clear. Slightly hazy but relatively clear with no discernable colour. I have ordered some Sodium Carbonate which I should receive tomorrow. My hope is in the meantime that adding some of this to my first batch will make the colour go yellow. I already saw it go yellow after failed attempts to get the ph higher with other things and when I dumped it in a waste glass of water and who knows what else POOF it went yellow, so my hope is I should get yellow when I add some Sodium Carbonate?!

But, is there a better cheaper or faster system to more accurately make it? Currently I am taking their 1-1.5 gallon at 48 hours and calculating down for my lower volume 2L steel bowl, so it's taking about 21 hours when full or about 13 hours if I am making 1.25L

If you have any info on the basics of a better setup which is faster but yields good quality genuine colloidal silver, I would be very interested. I keep seeing people soldering something-something-ometers and altering things and I just get lost. People say fast is bad, slower and more time consuming yields better but then I saw something here which made it seem fast. My head just spins with all the seemingly conflicting information all over the web. Any clarification would be helpful. Thanks.

Offline chrisflhtc

• Participant
« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2020, 06:18:40 PM »
Did you read all the articles?

Offline Turbidaceous

• Participant
  • Living in the UK
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2020, 06:58:49 PM »
Yes and I am experimenting. I am trying to use what I have rather than going all-new.

So my adding sodium carbonate worked within a few minutes to turn my non-electrolyte version yellow in a few minutes, maybe half an hour perhaps. But I have now made 2 batches based on the articles where I calculate the carbonate and add that based on the amount of liquid. It was MUCH faster, though after adding my dilute golden syrup, it has barely changed the colour after 1 hour. The one thing I have not found is how long it takes to cold-reduce Colloidal Silver done with syrup reducer. Is it normal that it takes a while? The first batch converted over relatively quickly.

My thought is maybe my first one, not using any sodium carbonate produced a different more pure molecule which is quicker to reduce, where the electrolyte version had some other form of silver perhaps which adds extra processing time to fully reduce? Is my assumption correct? Can you add anything on how long a cold reduction of Colloidal Silver-S takes to reduce?

Thanks