Author Topic: Could Ice Be Used to Deliver Colloidal Silver  (Read 3325 times)

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
  • "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" Lincoln
Could Ice Be Used to Deliver Colloidal Silver
« on: December 30, 2015, 10:19:06 AM »
  I was just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on how the 20 ppm Gell Capped colloidal silver in crushed ice form would hold up. It would be great if one could deliver the treatment in a way that they would accept and enjoy. Mixed with fruit in a slushy or maybe a swirl. Or just ice chips in a cup of water or juice. Whatever works.

About 4 days before Christmas we had 2 grand kids brought over. One had thick green snot & the other one had a fever & cough. And my kids know I'm a germ-a-phobe I had been experimenting with using 20 ppm gel capped colloidal silver ice for a few days before they showed up, just in case. I Also taking about  5000 mg of vitamin C a day for 3 weeks before. My wife was taking nothing. My wife got sick right away & stayed that way for a 6 days before she could see the doctor. I started to give her 20ppm gel capped colloidal silver at 6 oz every 8 hrs for 32hrs before the doctors visit. He prescribed the usual antibios, decongestant & an injection to dry up the head & chest. But buy the time she got home, 2 hours later, she was already getting back to her old chatty self. Just a couple hrs after her 1st antibiotic tablet. I think it was the Colloidal Silver! My grand daughter was sick starting a couple days earlier. My grandson who has to do everything Papa does, had his sippy cup filled with colloidal silver ice & watered down root beer all day and night just as I did. The next day he way cleared up & has been doing fine! I never got sick from any of the exposure.

Not scientific at all I know. But no one except my daughter new what was going on. So I figure no placebo effect. It's a good start in my mind. But I'm not qualified in chemistry or the medical field, just in life. But I will wait to do any further testing till I hopefully hear from some of the great minds of this forum. Any tips or suggestions is more than welcome. If you have any suggestions please keep them as simple as possible. This old brain is slow at coming up to speed.

Happy new year everyone, Bobby
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 03:35:58 AM by Bobby »
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln

SanchoPanza

Re: Could Ice Be Used to Deliver Colloidal Silver
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 05:28:15 PM »
So the question becomes:  is the gellatin stabilizer strong enough to withstand the increased concentration os silver particles in the center of the ice?

I bet it would.

How would the increased stability reveal itself in the ice?

-Sancho

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 05:34:00 PM »
I didn't say it would.  I questioned whether it would.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 11:29:08 AM »

I have an igloo portable ice maker. Holds about 3 cups of liquid.  The water is pumped into a plastic tray where either, stainless or chrome/nickel plated closed tubes, are hanging into the water. The water actually freezes on the metal out.  And the ice is cloudy & pretty soft. After about 5 minutes the pressure is released or however they it & the isc drops off.  Besides freezing, I wonder if there is any affect on the zeta potential during contact with the metal?  This little machine has increased my intake of water to several glasses a day.  Refrigerator ice just taste bad to me.  Thanks, Bobby
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 01:20:30 PM »
I doubt it adversely affects colloidal silver, but there might be very little silver in it.

Commercial ice makers work similar to what you have described.  They use a very cold metal plate with water running over it.  As the water freezes against the cold plate, the impurities are pushed outward and washed away by the liquid water.  This makes very clear and pure ice.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 05:42:40 PM »
Kephra,

Thanks. I will run a couple quarts colloidal silver through a try to find some residue on the inside. And check out what colloidal silver is left when it won't flow any longer. Maybe by color I can tell if it's been concentrated or left clinging to the insides. Bobby

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2016, 05:58:14 PM »
Sure, let us know your results.

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2018, 11:04:02 PM »
  I thought i would update this thread.  As I should have known there didn’t seem to be much AgNP in the ice (if any).  I mean colloidal silver needs to be kept close to room temperature right??  Duh!  Another reason for the test was to have something in the ice maker that would help keep it cleaner for longer.  But it just made a bigger mess!

The answer for the sterilization was to use 5% LUGOL’s iodine.  I use 1/2 ml to a 1/2 gallon filtered water.  I guess you can use more or less depending on the taste.  It hardly ever needs cleaning and it helps my wife and I get a better dose of our daily requirements of iodine.  I don’t taste it in any drink I use ice in.  Just thought I would update for anyone who cares.

If I’m crazy please let me know! 🤢

Bobby

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2018, 10:18:42 AM »
I would be very surprised if freezing Colloidal Silver worked. All the experiments I have done resulted in breaking of the colloid and a grey Ionic Silver Oxide fallout. I recommend that people keep the Colloidal Silver in a warm kitchen cupboard if they get it from me.

Offline Neofizz

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 09:36:05 PM »
  If I’m crazy please let me know! 🤢

Hey Bobby,
You don't have to be crazy to live in this world.... but it sure helps!  ;D
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."