Author Topic: Requesting help.  (Read 48276 times)

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Requesting help.
« on: September 04, 2017, 05:38:13 PM »
If you are having trouble with your process and seek help, please note the following.

1) Read the Articles.  The answer to almost all questions can be found there.
2) Supply details about your process.  Saying that something didn't work, without providing details is like saying "my car doesn't run, whats wrong with it"
3) Supply photos if possible so we can see your setup.

The more details you supply with your queries, the faster and better the responses will be.

There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline nix2p

• Expert
  • Participant
Re: Requesting help.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 06:56:39 PM »
If you are having trouble with your process and seek help, please note the following.

1) Read the Articles.  The answer to almost all questions can be found there.
2) Supply details about your process.  Saying that something didn't work, without providing details is like saying "my car doesn't run, whats wrong with it"
3) Supply photos if possible so we can see your setup.

The more details you supply with your queries, the faster and better the responses will be.

- I like that! Thank you Kep.
"I am too old to die young, and too young to grow up"!
Marty Feldman

Rettan

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 01:56:36 PM »
I dont have any plateout on the cathode, but the anode gets very dark.

What product is it that builds up on the anode that makes it shades of grey and even total black if you let it go without cleaning for like 15 min. Also what happens if you dont clean it? Will silver still continue to be oxidized into the water? 

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 02:33:23 PM »
The black on the anode is undissolved silver oxides which is normal.  It does not prevent silver ions from entering the water, and does not affect the calibration.  The only thing to watch out for is the oxide flaking off into the water.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Rettan

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 02:42:20 PM »
I had an interesting experience with bought 10ppm ionic silver. I used this product instead of distilled/deionized water when i tried to produce high ppm Colloidal Silver. This is what happened:

I used 500 ml of said product, dissolved 1/2 tablespoon of gelatin in it. Then heated it with a double-boiler to like 80-85 degrees Celcius, I wanted closer to boiling point but couldnt without a lid, and a lid would have prevented the electrodes.

Then when it was dissolved I put in 53 mg of sodiumcarbonate (Using an accurate scale) and some glucose syrup (about the volume specified in your silvertron manual+ some extra for safety). I might have made a mistake here, because the gelatin wasnt fully dissolved yet when I added the sodiumcarbonate + glucose syrup, dont know if this matters.

Usually when i make 20 ppm ionic Colloidal Silver and then reduce it with glucose syrup the shift in color will begin already at maybe 40 degrees C, and then be complete at 50-55 C.

Since I had used my store bought 10ppm IS (which I have reduced as it is on earlier occasions just to check if it really was silver in it) I expected to see a color change in the interval of about 50 degrees C when i started heating the solution, (still hadnt put in the electrodes at this time).

Strangely I didnt see any difference in color at 60 degress C, so I put in more sodiumcarbonate (about another 53mg, thinking the pH was wrong), I also added some more syrup (about doubling that too), still nothing happening at 60 degrees.

Then when it reached 65-70+ degrees C, it started to change color fast, and it became much darker  (with a little reddish tint) than what the same product (10 ppm bought IS) had been when i reduced it without gelatin on earlier occasions, also without gelatin it turned light transparant yellow at about 50-55 degrees C.

I then continued at about 80-85 degrees C to put in the electrodes and had them going for 40 minutes at 15 volts and 15 mA (have bars for electrodes).

The solution now went very dark. But according to my brief calculations in my head, the solution should only be 80-90 ppm (due to the 10pp already in the IS from the beginning)

My question is:
Was it due to the gelatin that the product changed color at a much higher temperature, and then became very dark (a little reddish actually). Let me remind you, this was only 10ppm bought IS (which I have reduced from the bottle to make very light yellow colored product before) but it looked like 80 from the pictures I've seen here. So before I even put in the electrodes the solution already looked like a 80ppm (albeit a little more red) solution from this site. Could It be because the gelatin made the already formed 10 ppm IS to clump together making the colloids bigger and causing them to shift in color, to darker and more of a reddish tint?

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 03:06:25 PM »
Could It be because the gelatin made the already formed 10 ppm IS to clump together making the colloids bigger and causing them to shift in color, to darker and more of a reddish tint?
No, gelatin will not make the 10 ppm clump or agglomerate.
Gelatin does have the effect of making the solution look darker though.  Lab testing shows that gelatin makes the particle size smaller, about 10nm.  It also greatly slows the reactions, so it takes a lot more time for the color to develop.

Rettan

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 03:10:23 PM »
Ok thank you :)

Offline Dean

• Expert
  • Participant
    • Social SilverTron Facebook Portal
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 06:29:16 PM »
Rettan,

Making up your gelatine ahead of time is not a bad thing in fact Kephra has a recipe for it in the articles but I have to say I haven't done it with IS. Only with 20ppm reduced. The point being, to have the "extra shelf life" for the gelatine solution because it's been made with colloidal silver and not just pre-mixed in distilled water. This is just a time saving routine though for when needing to cap an existing batch of "non-capped" silver. (for instance, some 40ppm karo reduced but then want to take it internally so would THEN cap it with my "stored" bottle of already made up gelatine). It sounds like you have made this as part of your initial production which seems "out of sync" with the usual processes described generally.

Then you have moved on to adding your sodium. I'm not sure this has any value or reduces your process time any.
The point of the sodium is to control the production of your IS and keep it consistent during the "creation" of it.
Remember it is there to raise the PH slightly, provide conductivity and stop the IS from plating to the cathode DURING the electrolysis.
I'm not sure that adding it after you already have your IS will benefit the process or the final product. (Unless I've misunderstood your process)

Regarding heat, I now actively look to keep heat to below 40 c for all but my 320ppm batches (where I let it steadily rise from 30 degrees to a final temp of about 75 - 80 degrees. and ALWAYS allow it to rise steadily from start to finish. This is 2-fold for me. 1, I don't get any significant evaporation right through the entire 5 hours or so of electrolysis and also, there is no significant "shock' going on where I have observed more turbid results when excessive heat is applied right off the bat. (Too much heat seems to allow reduction to happen almost too quickly!)

Also, if you are making 20ppm, you really don't need any heat at all. Once you're IS complete you can add your sugar and leave it be. The reduction will be slower granted but if time is not of the essence then this may yield a better result for you.
Heating will speed things up but you may find that your significant colour change is indicating a bigger particle (That orangey tint you describe)

Be mindful of due process and the tested methods that really do work. Experimenting is essential and power to you for "doing your own thing"
so my only real thoughts to help / contribute to your post are.....

Remember that doing things in a different order may mean that you prevent something else from happening when it should. If you stick to the solid foundation processes here you should always get a good batch.

Also, doing things out of step may end up making it hard to identify any real underlying issues that may be present.
(incorrectly mixed sodium was my nemesis at the start) By doing loads of things differently all at once, you'll find it much harder to trouble shoot.

Hope this helps

« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 06:34:41 PM by Dean »

Rettan

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2017, 03:16:56 PM »
Thank you for your reply. I didn't want to use preformed IS, it was just that I didnt have any distilled or deionized water available, so I used some 10 ppm IS I bought from the store.

I tried to follow the procedure layed out by kephra in his silvertron user manual. And I think i did so, if not for the use of store bought 10 ppm IS.

In the long post I made, I mistakenly might have made it sound like I heated the solution after I put in the gelatin to 85 degrees and then let it come down in temperature again only to add the sodiumcarbonate and syrup, this was just a mistake in writing the chronology. First I added the gelatin at room temperature 10ppm IS. Then when it has soaked in the solution for 5 mins, I turned up the heat to maybe 40 degrees, then when it started to dissolve I added the Sodiumcarbonate and syrup, then continued heating until 85 degrees, then put in the electrodes.

Also, I have read on this forum several times to dilute higher concentration solutions before ingesting. But I have not seen a reason for this? Is it dangerous to drink lets say a litre of 320 ppm colloidal silver in one drink? If it is, then why is it? Could it affect renal function at higher concentrations?

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2017, 03:35:05 PM »
Is it dangerous to drink lets say a litre of 320 ppm colloidal silver in one drink?
Yes, its dangerous.
1)  It has never been tested at such huge amounts.  Silver in high dosages can kill off immune cells.  Whatever else that could happen is unknown.

2)  Diluting it also dilutes the stomach acid.

3)  There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to take that much silver at one time.

Your question makes me think I made a mistake by introducing the world to making high ppm Colloidal Silver.

Rettan

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2017, 03:59:56 PM »
Im sorry to hear that, well now I know.

I read in a thread that 1 litre of 20 ppm per day will give about ~3-5 ppm in the blood stream, and that amount will kill off most bacteria. But doesnt the body consist of roughly 60-65 % water? If you want 3-5 ppm in all compartments of the body you will need much more than 1 litre of 20 ppm in a day. For a 80 kg person, thats 50 litres of body water for the Colloidal Silver to mix with.

This is the reason I'm asking about ingesting high ppm Colloidal Silver.

Or should 1 litre of 20 ppm per day be ingested for a prolonged time to induce a steady state where the whole body will have 3-5 ppm after a sufficiant time has elapsed?

Im sorry I have let down your faith in humanity :)

But I am happy that I now have the information to make the decision not to drink 320 ppm Colloidal Silver.

Rettan

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2017, 04:14:34 PM »
Sorry again, people should do their own research. I understand.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2017, 04:16:06 PM »
You don't need silver in all the water in your body.  A lot of that water is inside healthy cells, and you certainly don't want silver inside healthy cells.  Pathogens spread around your body mostly with blood.  Thats where you need to put the silver.

Offline Dean

• Expert
  • Participant
    • Social SilverTron Facebook Portal
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2017, 04:34:37 PM »
Im sorry to hear that, well now I know.

I read in a thread that 1 litre of 20 ppm per day will give about ~3-5 ppm in the blood stream, and that amount will kill off most bacteria. But doesnt the body consist of roughly 60-65 % water? If you want 3-5 ppm in all compartments of the body you will need much more than 1 litre of 20 ppm in a day. For a 80 kg person, thats 50 litres of body water for the colloidal silver to mix with.

This is the reason I'm asking about ingesting high ppm colloidal silver.

Or should 1 litre of 20 ppm per day be ingested for a prolonged time to induce a steady state where the whole body will have 3-5 ppm after a sufficiant time has elapsed?

Im sorry I have let down your faith in humanity :)

But I am happy that I now have the information to make the decision not to drink 320 ppm colloidal silver.

Rettan,

Your'e doing a great job by being here in the first place so don't beat yourself up. Regarding dosing for silver, you're correct, silver needs to reach a concentration in the blood as you describe. Also consider that even with conventional medicine, no doctor prescribes a "massive dose" to get it into your system all in one go.

Silver is no different. Overloading just because you can is a too simplistic. and also remember that your blood is in "all compartments" of your body all the time (and gets round it in about 1 minute!) so building up over a few days is no different to any antibiotic you've ever taken.

Also consider that overloading is not going to "nuke" every pathogen straight away. There is incubation of pathogens to think about as well so a short, high does, will possibly not help you in the way way you are thinking.

The 320ppm is manyfold in it's reasoning but think of it mainly as a time, cost and space saver.
You need so little of it compared to lower ppm. That's it really. As a 70kg human being, you need just over 60ml of it PER DAY! added to a beverage or water or tea or juice. (split this into 4 x 15ml applications and you're done! That's a whole lot easier than drinking a litre of 20ppm or more to get similar doses.

The only time i-I've used 320ppm neat is when cleaning my dogs teeth (because , they lick it off immediately, and 2 I think of it as a strong reaction but more or less as an "external" use.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 06:55:16 PM by Dean »

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
  • "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" Lincoln
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2017, 03:27:49 AM »
  Having a supply of 320ppm available for emergency is a must.  320ppm Colloidal Silver is great because you can mix it with about anything to make that dose of 20ppm when needed.  It's a must have!
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln