Author Topic: Calling all New Zealanders/Australians: -or anyone else who can assist  (Read 541 times)

Offline gkar

• Participant
Thought I would start a place for the local Oceania region to {attempt to} get local, specific advise, on ingredients, etc.

Just to start off:

Anyone know if these would work for reducing/capping:
   (-I am going to try them, anyway)

Golden Syrup: Chelsea brand -NZ's main sugar manufacturer
Gelatine:         McKenzie brand -Australian

Thanks.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 01:31:01 AM by gkar »
3 years ago: the wrong side of 55 -now, heading towards good health!

Offline gkar

• Participant
Also:

As I have yet to sort the recommended filter system, I have decided to go with disposable filters. As I don't drink coffee -never have- these were the only brand available, at the local supermarket:

Filter: Faggs -made in Singapore

Cheers

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
These are all fine. They will work. If the Golden Syrup says "invert syrup" or "partially-invert sugar syrup" then they're good to go.

Offline gkar

• Participant
These are all fine. They will work. If the Golden Syrup says "invert syrup" or "partially-invert sugar syrup" then they're good to go.
Like most things in New Zealand, the information is sadly lacking. Having to contact the manufacturer for clarification. Will post answer.

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
Never been there, but NZ looks to be a wonderful place to live. The only difference, is that when the aircraft is about to land, the captain announces something like "We are coming into land at Auckland Airport, will you put your watches back 25 years..." This is not necessarily a problem, of course.

All the Kiwis I have met have been good blokes and excellent workers; it's just a shame that according to the cinema, parts of NZ are infested with Orcs. So I have heard.

Offline gkar

• Participant
Never been there, but NZ looks to be a wonderful place to live. The only difference, is that when the aircraft is about to land, the captain announces something like "We are coming into land at Auckland Airport, will you put your watches back 25 years..." This is not necessarily a problem, of course.

All the Kiwis I have met have been good blokes and excellent workers; it's just a shame that according to the cinema, parts of NZ are infested with Orcs. So I have heard.
;D