Author Topic: Electrolyte ratio and various questions  (Read 1636 times)

av00va

Electrolyte ratio and various questions
« on: November 04, 2015, 07:37:10 PM »
I just wanted to confirm my math with the individuals here. I read that you mix 1 level tsp with 3 fl oz of water. Since I prefer a miligram scale, I read that 12.4g is mixed with 100ml. I mixed 1.06g with 8mL of water. Is this correct?

When using a bullion bar, the bullion should be submerged and act as an anode, correct? Also, should it be parrallel or perpendicular to the cathode? What is the submersion depth when using a hotplate and stirrer?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 07:57:41 PM by av00va »

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: Electrolyte ratio and various questions
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 09:12:24 PM »
I just wanted to confirm my math with the individuals here. I read that you mix 1 level tsp with 3 fl oz of water. Since I prefer a miligram scale, I read that 12.4g is mixed with 100ml. I mixed 1.06g with 8mL of water. Is this correct?
For Arm and Hammer washing soda, use 12.4 grams in enough water to make 100ml.  For converted baking soda, the weight is 10.6 if I recall correctly.  The weight difference is because the store bought washing soda is sodium carbonate monohydrate, while the converted baking soda is anyhdrous.  IE.  one has water in it and the other does not accounting for the weight difference.
When using a bullion bar, the bullion should be submerged and act as an anode, correct? Also, should it be parrallel or perpendicular to the cathode? What is the submersion depth when using a hotplate and stirrer?
I would put the face of the bullion bar toward the cathode, not the edge.  Submerge it to just below the rivet joint so the joint does not erode. 
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.