Author Topic: sodium citrate in lieu of maltodextrin?  (Read 3176 times)

samiam

sodium citrate in lieu of maltodextrin?
« on: March 01, 2013, 02:33:17 AM »
Kephra,

Getting ready to make my first colloidal gold.
Got the gold chloride and surprised to find a note showing a recipe for colloidal gold using sodium citrate thru chemical reaction method enclosed. Their recipe seems almost identical to your maltodextrin/sodium carbonate method except it prescribes sodium citrate (in lieu of  maltodextrin/sodium carbonate). Did you know about this?.. what do you think?..Thought I heard you say these guys had learned from you too.

Also, I think you've mentioned this before, how about gold chloride colloidal gold using cinnulin instead of maltodextrin?

Thanks much!

samiam

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: sodium citrate in lieu of maltodextrin?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 03:08:45 AM »
Oh yes, the guy who runs Salt Lake Metals was a forum member, and he got the recipe from me.  I used to use citrate, but the maltodextrin works much better and faster.  Cinnamon extract doesn't give the same results.
I am a big fan of Salt Lake Metals, its a shame they are not allowed to ship out of the US.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

samiam

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 04:12:28 AM »
kephra,
once colloidal gold is done (with maltodextrin), i planned to add few drops of cinnulin into the final colloidal gold solution to 1-eradicate(:)) any possible remaining gold chloride, and 2-add cinnamon flavor to make it bit better 'tasting'.. I know you are recently concerned about drinking it with teabag in it for unknown reaction leading to weakening of the colloidal gold. Any thoughts?

kscmac

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 05:10:35 AM »
The colloidal gold does not taste "bad" it really does not have a taste. My wife and myself just drink it straight. No problems at all. Lately the wife has had me making colloidal gold every day(normally we take it every other day) But with the cooler weather her RA has been kicking up, so she's been taking it everyday. The colloidal gold has made a huge difference in her pain and discomfort level.

Offline peri1224

• Participant
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 07:41:40 AM »
Does that gold do anything to heal the RA or is it just dull the neves so that the pain cannot be felt so much anymore?
Does the gold build up in any part of the body?

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 12:18:35 PM »
kephra,
once colloidal gold is done (with maltodextrin), i planned to add few drops of cinnulin into the final colloidal gold solution to 1-eradicate(:)) any possible remaining gold chloride, and 2-add cinnamon flavor to make it bit better 'tasting'.. I know you are recently concerned about drinking it with teabag in it for unknown reaction leading to weakening of the colloidal gold. Any thoughts?
Once its fully developed the ruby red color, you can add other stuff to it.  The amounts I gave for maltodextrin are excessive so that no gold chloride can be left.  If you don't use enough, be it maltodextrin, or cinnamon extract, you could chloride left, which is why my formulas have extra reducing agent.

As kscmac says, it doesn't taste bad, it just tastes like water unless you add something flavorful to it.  I make tea with it.  Tea is a reducing agent also, so if you are worried that there may be some gold chloride left, that is another possibility for you.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.