Author Topic: Max concentration for stabilizing effect  (Read 1781 times)

Offline PeterXXL

• Expert
  • Participant
Max concentration for stabilizing effect
« on: August 17, 2015, 06:34:28 PM »
What is the experience when it comes to stabilizing effect for different stabilizing / capping agents? At what concentration will the nanoparticles start to grow larger for colloidal silver and colloidal gold?

My experience so far, is that...

- Glucose works fine up to 20 ppm for both colloidal silver and colloidal gold over time, but will not work for much higher concentrations.
- Sodium Citrate works fine for 40 ppm for both colloidal silver and colloidal gold, but will not work for much higher concentrations.
- Maltodextrin works fine for 40 ppm for both colloidal silver and colloidal gold, but will not work well for much higher concentrations.
- Cinnamon extract works well for over 500 ppm for colloidal silver. Have not tried it for colloidal gold though.
- Tannic acid works well for over 500 ppm for colloidal silver. Have not tried it for colloidal gold though.

I'm looking for a stabilizing agent that works for both colloidal silver and colloidal gold up to 100 - 200 ppm but does not have any color, taste or smell, and that will be removed in the small intestines.

Maybe the combination of glucose + gelatin is the best choice here.

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: Max concentration for stabilizing effect
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 07:03:01 PM »
Maybe the combination of glucose + gelatin is the best choice here.
Yes indeed.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.