Author Topic: colloidal gold that is Cloudy but Clear  (Read 4793 times)

caneman

colloidal gold that is Cloudy but Clear
« on: December 27, 2014, 09:07:45 PM »
I have been making 40ppm colloidal gold using the Electrolysis Method III to the letter except adding two drops of Karo light, 800ml batches, 50 vdc and 0.5 amps for 60 minutes... the finished product looks cloudy/turbid when there is no light background like this:

but when I hold it up to a light or lighted background is is clear like this:

I realize these look like two different solutions, but it is the same jar... I promise, lol!

is this normal?  is there anything wrong with this colloidal gold?

Thanks!

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: Colloidal Gold that is Cloudy but Clear
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 09:13:27 PM »
Thats not normal.  Are you sure your distilled water was pure?  Are you sure your gold is pure?
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

caneman

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 08:27:14 PM »
water - using Arrowhead DW, same stuff I use to make perfect colloidal silver (clear yellow after conversion from IS to Colloidal Silver)

salt - Morton's Iodized table salt

CarboGain, right out of the container

anode is 999 pure 18 gauge gold wire from Hauser Miller, they confirmed the purity when I ordered it...

cathode is stainless steel wire

I suppose I could try a 1/20 ounce gold maple leaf and see if there is any difference... anything else come to mind what I could be doing wrong?

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 08:50:56 PM »
Hauser is a reputable source. 
I suggest making 250 ml batches until you perfect your process so you dont waste as much gold. 
In this case, why did you add the corn syrup?
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Prince Angel

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 09:30:15 PM »
could it be that at some point by mistake you switched polarity?

caneman

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 12:54:24 AM »
+ to anode and - to cathode so polarity is good, but thanks for the suggestion...

added the two drops of syrup as I read somewhere in the archives that this might help conversion and would not hurt, so perhaps I will switch to 250ml batches and no syrup and lower amperage and see what happens...

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 01:15:34 AM »
Good idea

caneman

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2014, 02:42:07 AM »
i think perhaps I will try one of the other electrolysis methods and see what happens... i have been drinking 5 mg of gold daily, or what I think is colloidal gold lol, from my brew and it hasn't seemed to had any ill effects that i know of, and it seems to have helped some of my aching joints...

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2014, 03:09:32 AM »
There is nothing that will hurt you, it is just not as effective as it could be.

kvark1

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2015, 08:42:01 AM »
I also got this yellow glow of the clouds. It is called fluorescence and opalescence.
This phenomenon causes samocvetami all precious stones. In the light of one color, and the reflected light is another.
After adding the sodium citrate and salt still maltodextrin, cloudiness is not formed and a solution of colloidal gold remains dark red

caneman

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 06:58:19 PM »
^^^ is this opalescence acceptable, or did I do something wrong... intersting

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 07:06:53 PM »
It signals that you have a mix with very large particles of something in it.  Assuming you had pure water and gold, its probably very large particles.  This is undesirable and without knowing more, probably indicates insufficient stabilizer.

AprilAries

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2015, 02:10:33 AM »
Hello Im April Im new at making this I use the citrate method, I did want to comment on your picture and tell you that I had the same results. The reason mine turned out this way was because I could only get a hold of a 30v Adapter, So I thought I would improve my batch one day as I was having to drink 4 ounces at once to get a desired affect. I have a circulation problem and nerve damage, Im dealing with and this stuff seemed to do the trick at high doses. Anyway long story short I wanted to get at least 42 volts on to it. so I plugged up 2 Adapters one 12 and one 30 and this is exactly how it turned out it scared me so I dumped it out and went back to the 30v alone it could be that your power supply isn't so great. I use 30v @ 1 amp. its Enercell I do get a ruby red very nice and clear very stable. I keep it in a dark glass bottle. 8)

Ape

Re: colloidal gold that is Cloudy but Clear
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2021, 06:40:26 PM »
@caneman - did you ever get to the bottom of this? I'm experiencing a similar issue: https://www.cgcsforum.org/index.php?topic=5487.0