Author Topic: New Silvertron  (Read 3191 times)

prairie

New Silvertron
« on: March 18, 2013, 07:40:49 PM »
In anticipation of receiving my new Silvertron, I read a lot of the Forum and read the guide 3 times.
I made a batch of cinnamon extract from Ceylon cinnamon and made washing soda electrolyte @ 1 ml

Upon receiving, made a batch of 20ppm ionic, wow fast!!  (Using rectangle bar @ 14ma).  Then made batch of 20ppm heated Colloidal Silver-nice!

Started on a batch of 320 ppm by heating 1 liter of distilled water, adding 8.5 tea spoons of cinnamon extract.  Then brought current up to 14ma with electrolyte.

Took about 6 hours to finish, heating the whole way.  When done, it was very murky.  From what I have read, it should be dark, but not murky?
The negative copper had a bunch of silver "grease" at the end of it.  The rectangle bar had white residue on it (electrolyte?).

The jar next to my batch is one table spoon of 320ppm in 8 oz of water.

What do  I need to do to get the "murkiness" out?

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: New Silvertron
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 07:52:47 PM »
Way too much cinnamon.   You probably should have used 8 ml instead of 8 tsp.

Its always a good idea when trying new techniques to make small batches like 250 ml then scaling up when you have the technique perfected.

There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

prairie

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 09:58:20 PM »
One other item that I am not clear on, does making the colloidal silver with cinnamon encapsulate the Colloidal Silver?  Or is something else needed?

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 11:43:43 PM »
Cinnamon is a capping agent.  Maltodextrin, dextrin, and sodium citrate are also capping agents (stabilizers).
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.