Author Topic: MSM mixed into Colloidal Silver?  (Read 3196 times)

Offline Art

• Expert
  • Participant
MSM mixed into Colloidal Silver?
« on: August 06, 2015, 02:26:48 AM »
I was wondering if anyone has used MSM in their colloidal silver or ionic silver batches and what if any effect it has in terms of chemical change,  benefit or defecit?
I did make an 8 ounce 20 ppm batch and added 40 grams of MSM to it. It appears to have dissolved completely and when I compare this mix to my reference 20 ppm batch, the color and clarity looks the same to the naked eye.

I've noticed a company in the UK has a fairly large product line using this combination , but some of their products are stated to be higher than 20 ppm. Here is a link to their website:
http://www.colloidalsilveronline.co.uk/

The other thing I find online when searching this combination is as a natural alternative to fight cancer:
http://www.cancertutor.com/msm_cs/

Seems like a fairly aggressive protocol, but then cancer is a very serious health issue that can require aggressive measures.

I've also noticed some claims that msm may help transport Colloidal Silver/IS through the skin, but I have not seen research yet to back that claim.

Any input or advice would be very appreciated.

Thank you.

Art
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 02:41:51 AM by Art »

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: MSM mixed into Colloidal Silver?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 12:42:38 PM »
Well the first link definitely has some problems.  They cannot decide whether their silver is ionic or metallic. 
Antimicrobial ionized silver particles of 99.999% purity are combined with 100 % pure food-grade MSM (Methyl Sulphonyl Methane), an organic form of sulphur, increasing many times the beneficial effects that each substance has on its own for a sustained silver effect. Silver-MSM (liquid) was first developed by us in 2000 to improve the uptake and efficacy of the silver particles. We devised a unique and standardized production process we call crystalline coagulation to bind these two substances together in a way that is similarly found in nature. Like our argentum plus Colloidal Silver, it is available in two strengths: Silver- MSM 10 for general use and Silver-MSM 25 for applications that require higher concentrations.

There is no science to collaborate their claims that I can find.  Even the supposition that MSM increases the uptake of silver is totally unproven.  I think they do not know the difference between MSM and DMSO.  DMSO is a solvent that will carry other dissolved substances through the skin, MSM will not.  MSM is the metabolic byproduct of metabolizing DMSO in the liver. 

In the second link, there is no evidence anywhere that MSM 'opens up' cancer cells, or that cancer is caused by microbes in the cell.

So as far as I am concerned, both of these sites are just the typical bullshit common to quackery.

This does not mean that MSM is not good for you, it is good for joint problems at least.  Its just not a cure for cancer.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline Art

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 05:38:43 PM »
Thanks for that Kephra.
There are just so many sites out there making claims like this with no science to back it up......too bad.

Art

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 10:28:55 PM »
Yes, and therein likes the big issue with information generally available on the web but also in the media and yes, even textbooks as crazy as that might sound.

Almost all of it is wrong in one shape or form but the stuff posted to the internet seems to be orders of magnitude worse by comparison.

Textbooks usually have errors and though the authors don't endeavor to put bad information in them, misspellings, last minute editing by the publisher not passed to the author to double check and yes, sometimes misconceptions or misunderstandings by the author no proof reader caught introduce errors in textbooks.  My instructors in college were always pointing out things in our textbooks that were in error where we were instructed to make notes in the margin to that effect along with the correction.  Where publishers choose not to issue a new printing to correct mistakes, usually they make the information available to instructors which is sometimes how they find out about them but the general public isn't offered those corrective documents which then just muddies the water even worse.

Even research papers are wrong or don't apply where they lead you to believe they do.  A lot of times you have to ask WHO paid for the research or study because someone always does. Sometimes the answer to that question can be quite revealing if you can find it.

Thank the big guy upstairs you found this site!  And please do continue to contribute as you're doing.