Author Topic: HOW TO MAKE COLLOIDAL SILVER if you can't get a SilverTron  (Read 47606 times)

RedDogJT

Re: HOW TO MAKE COLLOIDAL SILVER if you can't get a SilverTron
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2020, 05:41:43 PM »
THE MAKING AND USE OF GELATINE AND CINNAMON TINCTURE

To make the gelatine solution:

Dissolve 1 gram of Knox unflavored gelatin in 1 cup of cold water.
Alllow to bloom for 5 minutes.
Heat until the gelatin dissolves (water looks clear again)
Allow to cool, and then bottle the gelatin liquid.
This is your gelatine stock solution.

Make the colloidal silver. While the colloidal silver is still hot, add 5 or 10 mls of the gelatin formula per 250ml of colloidal silver. Allow to cool.

Can you elaborate a bit more on gelatin's ability to make high concentration colloidal silver?  I'm lost at the initial stage where we have the electrolyte cooking away for the instructed time per the Volts, Amps, and Bar sizes. I get that part, but what makes the PPM higher.  I'm pretty sure that the 20PPM I end up with before capping does not magically become 150ppm just by adding gelatin?  Can I assume that the electrolysis front end time is simple extended to get more silver in solution, which is unstable UNTIL capped by gelatin?

RedDogJT

« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2020, 06:47:10 PM »
Ppm depends only on current, time and water volume.
Gelatin makes it possible to have higher ppm with stability.
Capping makes it stable.
Thanks Liam, I got a more detailed description in another thread here that describes the process exactly! Now I got that part. One last hurdle

Offline Turbidaceous

• Participant
  • Living in the UK
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2020, 10:02:11 PM »
Could this be produced into a nice downloadable PDF for future reference in case the site vanishes or is Orwellianly vanished etc?

I will certainly consider this. In the meantime, I would encourage readers to copy and paste the first two pages of this thread into a Word or LibreOffice document. If you use LibreOffice, you can save the document output as a PDF file.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 11:23:40 AM by cfnisbet »

Offline Turbidaceous

• Participant
  • Living in the UK
« Reply #108 on: April 16, 2020, 02:16:50 PM »
Will the silicone tube handle hot colloidal silver going through it? Or must you wait till it's cooler to filter-siphon it out?

There are no issues with filtering hot colloidal silver, I do it all the time because I'm impatient
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 08:44:29 PM by cfnisbet »

RedDogJT

« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2020, 07:35:17 PM »
I've started to create with pictures too, cuz I like pictures. I just copy and paste CF's text on the right pictures he posted.
The one point I'm getting stuck on is CC (constant current) versus CV (constant Voltage), as I think my unit starts out with CC when I turn it on, but switches to CV when I dial up the power.  It still seemed to work when I put the MMeter inline like CF's pictures show. I was getting 5+mA (I think that is what it meant) and I could adjust that mA by raising or lowering the copper Anode

RedDogJT

« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2020, 08:09:50 PM »
Always turn your voltage control full up, maximum.
Adjust current with the current control. 
The power supply will then vary the voltage to keep the current constant.
Current = voltage divided by resistance.
Resistance is determined by your cell chemistry which changes with time, and the electrode configuration.

If you are changing the ma (current) by raising and lowering the cathode, you are doing it wrong.
Damn, I was afraid of that. I did do it wrong then. So I've narrowed the problem down to my lack of understanding of the PSU.
It will not stay on CC.  I read someplace here that you have to short out the unit to get it to switch to CC? Short might be the wrong term, but could you point me in the right direction?

This can often happen if you try to adjust the CC circuit too high. If this happens, just run the batch and manually note the current. The amperage will eventually climb into the CC zone.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 08:46:25 PM by cfnisbet »

Smoke7

« Reply #111 on: April 17, 2020, 01:34:21 AM »
Will the silicone tube handle hot colloidal silver going through it? Or must you wait till it's cooler to filter-siphon it out?

There are no issues with filtering hot colloidal silver, I do it all the time because I'm impatient

Not for showoff, but every batch I made it's very clean/clear and has nothing floating inside, DO I still have to filter it?

Thanks. 

Offline SaltyCornflakes

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #112 on: April 17, 2020, 02:55:14 AM »
No, filtering is more or less just a cosmetic thing when the run is imperfect and you get metal particles or dust in the glass or what-have-you.

Silicone is heat resistant. I use a silicone tube to extend the nozzle of my distiller down into the glassware, so that's close to boiling temperature. No issues. There's silicone oven mats.

Correct, thanks. I had forgotten about the oven mats, we cook our chips on one.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 08:35:36 AM by cfnisbet »

Smoke7

« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2020, 05:01:59 AM »
No, filtering is more or less just a cosmetic thing when the run is imperfect and you get metal particles or dust in the glass or what-have-you.

Silicone is heat resistant. I use a silicone tube to extend the nozzle of my distiller down into the glassware, so that's close to boiling temperature. No issues. There's silicone oven mats.

Thanks.

Offline imcool

• Participant
« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2020, 05:50:46 AM »
hi all, i am confused.Do silvertron owners still have to put reducing and capping agent for making colloidal silver?
thanks for replying

Yes, they do. Everything is exactly the same as the process above, the SilverTron just takes the place of the PSU and calculates the process in real time. The SilverTron is an exercise in precision. The process is otherwise exactly the same.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 08:38:27 AM by cfnisbet »

Etheric Zone 1111

« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2020, 05:49:33 PM »
Click on the image to get a better display. If this is still not good enough I will take the photo or a series of photos again.

So the multi meter remains connected  throughout the entire process ?
Can the Power supply monitor the same readings as the Multi meter?

Thanks Ed

The multimeter is connected throughout the process, because it is accurate and the meter built into the asctual PSU is not (unless you are very lucky). The PSU meter will almost certainly not give the same reading.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 10:01:25 PM by cfnisbet »

Smoke7

« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2020, 07:03:15 PM »
Click on the image to get a better display. If this is still not good enough I will take the photo or a series of photos again.

Thanks Ed
Ed,
You don’t really need the multimeter your module will do just great. They multimeter just to double check making sure that your module is providing the same voltage on output. However most cheap multimeters are not accurate. You can measure once to compare your module with multimeter if it has the same amp or voltage through the multimeter.
By the way your module is a multimiter.

RedDogJT

« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2020, 07:58:18 PM »
Always turn your voltage control full up, maximum.
Adjust current with the current control. 
The power supply will then vary the voltage to keep the current constant.
Current = voltage divided by resistance.
Resistance is determined by your cell chemistry which changes with time, and the electrode configuration.

If you are changing the ma (current) by raising and lowering the cathode, you are doing it wrong.
Damn, I was afraid of that. I did do it wrong then. So I've narrowed the problem down to my lack of understanding of the PSU.
It will not stay on CC.  I read someplace here that you have to short out the unit to get it to switch to CC? Short might be the wrong term, but could you point me in the right direction?

This can often happen if you try to adjust the CC circuit too high. If this happens, just run the batch and manually note the current. The amperage will eventually climb into the CC zone.
Any chance you can show me a video or elaborate more on that one point. I've very close but that CC vs CV on the power supply is confusing me. Sorry for being so dense.

1) Adjust voltage to max.
2) Adjust amperage to min.
3) Start the process, turn on the power.
4) Turn the current up VERY SLOWLY IN TINY INCREMENTS. The CC lamp should light.
5) Turn up the current adjuster very slightly until it is registering the desired current. If everything is working perfectly, the CC light should stay lit and the current should be on the correct desired current.
6) However, sometimes the CC light goes out and the unit will still be working, but the current (amperage) will slowly climb up to the set point, at which time the CC light will come back on, indicating that the current is now high enough to be regulated.
7) Continue the run to the end.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 09:02:27 PM by cfnisbet »

Etheric Zone 1111

« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2020, 08:21:57 PM »

Thanks Ed
Ed,
You don’t really need the multimeter your module will do just great. They multimeter just to double check making sure that your module is providing the same voltage on output. However most cheap multimeters are not accurate. You can measure once to compare your module with multimeter if it has the same amp or voltage through the multimeter.
By the way your module is a multimiter.

Thank you !
Much clearer now!
Ed

Etheric Zone 1111

« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2020, 04:28:05 PM »
Now for the electrode array.

You will need a few 1" copper nails (steel will do), a strip of 6 plastic electrical junctions, a brass rod for the cathode (thick copper or alloy wire will do), a small crocodile clip of sufficient strength to hold onto your chosen anode, and a piece of polythene mesh or sheet (I used a plastic gutter cover, but you could use a plastic cutting board or sheet of perspex).

The first few photos are attached; click to expand a photo in order to magnify it.

In the UK, all the items are available from B&Q or other retail builders' merchants. I would imagine that the USA has the same things (only half the price!)

Do you have a link of the plastic terminal that holds the Anode and cathode Bard , I will be using 10 Gauge Silver Rods .

Thanks Ed

Link is here:

https://www.diy.com/departments/b-q-white-30a-6-way-cable-connector-strip/178061_BQ.prd
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 10:22:46 AM by cfnisbet »