Author Topic: Weighting Anode with triple # scale as control  (Read 1299 times)

alexp5

Weighting Anode with triple # scale as control
« on: July 12, 2016, 06:38:33 AM »
I remember in beginning when I become member Kephra was weighting anode I assume as control how much get disperse in solution, how good  is that procedure when comes to exact numbers?  Should that be weight before clean up anode or after clean up build up ?

Offline PeterXXL

• Expert
  • Participant
Re: Weighting Anode with triple # scale as control
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 09:04:26 AM »
I remember in beginning when I become member Kephra was weighting anode I assume as control how much get disperse in solution, how good  is that procedure when comes to exact numbers?  Should that be weight before clean up anode or after clean up build up ?

Not needed for making colloidal silver with electrolyte and constant current as the concentration is calculated, but a must for making colloidal gold with electrolysis if you want to know the exact concentration.

All digital scales have an inbuilt error range, which increases with weight. So if you have something that have a weight of 100 gram and try to get the exact weight the error is much higher than if you have something with a weight of 19 gram, and the error is even less if the weight is 1 gram. Also, be sure that the digital scale can neasure 1/100 gram, thats three decimals, and the display should show 0.000 once started.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 09:09:56 AM by PeterXXL »

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: Weighting Anode with triple # scale as control
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 11:41:40 AM »
The electrodes should be fire cleaned before and after.  You want to drive off any remaining water, and reconvert the silver oxide on the anode back to silver metal so you don't weigh the oxygen.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.