Author Topic: Critique looks?  (Read 2929 times)

wyleasmom

Critique looks?
« on: July 19, 2017, 08:51:14 AM »
Just got my elite, I went by the instructions (I thought) and did my first batch. I did see a slight smoke stream (but I missed that that was a bad thing until I was reading tonight) but the batch seems like it looks really good? I tasted it, no taste, it was like water. I didn't adjust the MA though, just whatever it was on when the generator came on, I was moving the rod up and down to get to 10V. It was a Qt mason jar, put in 20 drops of the electrolyte and 5 drops of the reducing agent. How do I know if its a good batch?

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
Re: Critique looks?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 09:34:13 AM »
If that was a batch of mine, I would use it with confidence. Seems perfect.

One comment about the "smoke". I see this most of the time, but it fades into the water within an inch or so. If it does not make the bulk fluid cloudy, then it is just the cell working as designed. I only see this when producing Colloidal Silver with heat, as I use the convection currents as a stirrer. When I use an actual magnetic stirrer, the Colloidal Silver nanoparticles are swept away into the water so you can't see them. It is the end result (clarity) that matters.

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 11:36:13 AM »
Yes, that is perfect. 
When you have the brown smoke coming off the positive electrode, and not using a stirrer, you should make sure that silver is not plating onto the bottom of your jar.  If it is, you can dissolve it with hydrogen peroxide before you start another batch.  This works unless the bottom of the jar looks like a mirror, which would require physical scrubbing to remove.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

wyleasmom

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 04:56:08 AM »
Made my second batch, turned out the same, seemingly perfect. I can't thank you enough Kephra for putting this generator together and for having this forum. If anyone asks me, I'm sending them your way! Its comforting for a non-scientific person such as myself to have experts ready to handle any question that might come up.

Is there a 'topic' where people have just stated their experiences with it and the doses they've taken? That would be a good referential read too  ;D

Offline WayneInPHX

• Expert
  • Participant
  • Witty saying goes here... Ok--> "42"
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 06:39:21 PM »
How many mA were you running during your "smoke" creation?
Most of us don’t listen with the intent to understand.  We listen with the intent to reply.  -  From a TED Talk

"I've decided I'm not old. I'm 25 plus shipping & handling!"

wyleasmom

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 06:08:30 AM »
15 mA

I also posted the following but can't find it so this is either the first or 3rd time I've posted, so sorry, I give up on posting the picture I had with it though...

I've made 4 batches now of Colloidal Silver, all have turned out properly colored clear and tasteless like the picture I posted to run it by the experts a few days ago...but question...today, I almost finished my first quart and so I'm almost to the bottom and I saw like little black specks on the bottom and when I tipped the mason jar to look at it and shook it,  also saw like tiny flecks or thinner than a hair like short strands? of silver?
 I've been cleaning the rods with a green scrubber after each batch but of course the rods are still dull but should they be? Is it still ok to take internally? I tried to attach picture but ya'll probably don't need it.
Have been using 12 & 15 MA, 20 PPM, adjusting depth of neg rod to make it 10 volts. Not heated, no stirrer but I stay close and agitate/swirl it several times when I see a smoke stream.. Quart jar, room temp.distilled water. 20 drops according to instructions pre turning on machine and 5 drops of reducer and 3-4 min. in microwave.

Offline RickinWI

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 07:53:51 AM »
The flecks & strands you are seeing are most likely because you don't have a stirrer.

Ideal would be to buy a magnetic stirrer.  if you cannot then I would suggest trying a much lower mA number for your runs. 12 or 15 mA is quite high without stirring. Try half that amount along with your swirling method.  Maybe 6 mA.  MIGHT also help to warm up your DW before the run.

Any flecks or strands you do have can just be filtered out or decanted off.
So many VARIABLES & so little TIME.

Offline WayneInPHX

• Expert
  • Participant
  • Witty saying goes here... Ok--> "42"
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2017, 08:27:11 AM »
15 mA

Try 6 to 7mA

Slowing your production rate will significantly impact the creation of that "smoke"
Most of us don’t listen with the intent to understand.  We listen with the intent to reply.  -  From a TED Talk

"I've decided I'm not old. I'm 25 plus shipping & handling!"

wyleasmom

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2017, 09:04:08 AM »
ok, thanks guys, I'll surely try that.