Author Topic: Is the size of the silver particle dependent to current charge?  (Read 800 times)

carlodelmo

I'll be using DC power supply to have constant voltage and current output.

but I dont know what is the best voltage and current setting to be used. So that nanoparticle sized silver will be produced.

also considering how long should be the silver rod submerged area?

hope someone there can help me.

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: Is the size of the silver particle dependent to current charge?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 12:46:58 PM »
I'll be using DC power supply to have constant voltage and current output.
No you won't.  Its not possible to have both.  You want constant current.

but I dont know what is the best voltage and current setting to be used. So that nanoparticle sized silver will be produced.
This is all detailed in the Articles section.  I suggest you at least read the numbered ones.

There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

carlodelmo

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 01:05:03 PM »
this is the equipment ill be using. it can run at a given setting for a voltage and current. is it ok to use it?
all through out the electrolysis process.

i read some articles saying the having constant, the sizes of particles will be similar. in that case what current should be used to have fine size particle?

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 01:43:25 PM »
Particle size is determined by chemistry, not current.  Read the articles.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
  • "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" Lincoln
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 07:03:21 PM »
carlodelmo,

Really you MUST read and reread the articles until you have a very good understanding of the processes and how all the different methods work.  Then you get a much better understanding of what processes are happening and why!  You will become more at ease when you see something happening during the cooking process and you know what’s happening.  Both in basic and experimental aspects of the process.

It’s a great deal of fun and you will reap great rewards helping yourself amiind others to live a healthier and more productive lives.  But it does take a good bit of time, patience and figuring out where you went wrong or what made ‘this or that’ happen!

I’m keep finding out that there is a great more to learn in this relatively easy process of producing colloidal silver or (AgNP) if you will.  It takes a lot of finesse, in get the perfect solution of colloidal silver.  And I think that’s a big part of the process that separates those of us who just wants to say I made colloidal silver and those of us who want to put out the best AgNPs out there!

It’s a matter of having pride in your work and always striving for perfection.  There is a lot of rewards, whether it’s for you, your family, a stranger or for money in you pocket!

It is a great hobby and a way to help others.  This is a great forum with so many knowledgeable members that YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO MAKE ‘TOP SHELF’ AgNPs

But studying, reading, asking questions, having the right equipment & supplies will make you an expert.  The ways put forward on this forum, on the production of high quality colloidal silver,  CANNOT BE EQUALED!   

You have found the pot of gold!  Now do something wonderful with it!  This world needs you!

Bobby
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln