Author Topic: What do you think about this color and method?  (Read 1953 times)

muhendisane

What do you think about this color and method?
« on: May 25, 2019, 10:54:19 AM »
Hi,

I'm new here. Researching for the true formula for colloidals in general brought me to here. I'm open for any idea that makes sense. And Mr. Kephra's ideas makes sense to me. Looking forward to learn more.

I've used the i think ionic silver method till today. Most of the time i've good yellow color, sometimes i've got very dense yellow and sometimes just clear water.

Is yellow color refer to colloidal silver in any situtation? Or whether or not you got yellow color, unless you produce it with real colloidal formula, you got the ionic silver?

I'm posting the pics, waiting for your comments and information thanks.

Produce Method:

48V DC - 0,02A (20ma) max. for 1 Liter, total time is 2 Hours 30 minutes.

Two of 15cm length, one is 2,7mm other one is 3mm thick, square shaped, .999 pure silver electrodes. The gap between electrodes: 3.2cm  at top, 3.7mm at bottom.

Used magnetic stirrer at medium speed.

I submerge the electrodes to the DW (i produce DW via reverse osmosis system with deionizer filter after the membrane), and start the process

For 1,5 hours from begining there is hardly ant ampere drawn by the electrodes. Generally between 10-20ma,  Max. ampere i've got till today is 30ma.

In general i'm stopping the process around 18-19ppm. And after filtration with 2.5 microns Whatman lab filter and wait for 1 or 2 days it drops to 10-11 ppm. I'm using TDS meter.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 11:42:13 AM by muhendisane »

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
Re: What do you think about this color and method?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 11:23:59 AM »
Yes, the colour looks good, but a bit weak. You should check the Articles, they have all the information you would need.

muhendisane

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 02:19:17 PM »
I edited the post, can you check the process method and give feedback?

Because in my countrty a lot people using this method beaceuse of a man claims he is the best, but i think he's joke. I have to warn the people to not to use it or use it.

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 05:21:30 AM »
First off, I'm not sure deionizing reverse osmosis water is the same as distilled.

Your way there is no way to ascertain what PPM you have.

Here's what you need to do (this way you'll accurately know what PPM you made).

1. make a 1M solution of sodium carbonate
2. get one of the recommended reducers on this site
3. get a current limiter that can be accurately set to a particular current for the entire run so Faraday's law of electrolysis which given the PPM of ionic silver you want, the amount of water and the current you're running will provide you with the time, in minutes, to run the cell to get there.
4. a silver electrode (anode)
5. a cathode (stainless or copper is what we use - other metals may cause issues or even be toxic).
6. a beaker or jar that holds the amount of water you want (GLASS, NEVER metal).
7. some lid that will hold all the electrodes in correct orientation for the entire run.
8. a power source (20-30v is plenty)
9.  a stir plate if you have it. If you're running lower current (3-5ma) at room temp you don't need it. Higher currents you need to agitate some so that the silver oxide particles being produced on the silver anode dissolve in the water fast enough that you don't start precipitating out the silver particles.  If you're making higher PPM's (above 20) you need a heated stir plate to keep the water up around 120-140F so the reducer works quickly enough.

Put the cell together, use Faraday's law of electrolysis to compute the run time, add 1ml of 1M sodium carbonate (electrolyte) per liter of water and stir well, set the limiter to the current you want to run (power supply limiters are very non-accurate - don't try to use it - get a high accuracy limiter) set your cell voltage to 10V by adjusting the cathode depth in the water to keep the cell voltage up over 10V at your desired current.  You want the power source to the limiter high enough that there's no way the cell voltage plus the headroom requirement of the limiter ever exceeds or even comes close to the power supply voltage or the limiter will drop out and you will have absolutely NO clue what you made.

If you're making higher PPM's, add the reducer up front because you need to keep the dissolved silver oxide below 20PPM or else you run the risk of precipitating out silver oxide particles. For a 20PPM run, you can add the reducer once the run is finished but you're going to have to heat the result to around 120F to get it to reduce quickly (minutes). It could take a LONG time at room temp. Run for however long the Faraday equation tells you to and shut the cell down.  You now have an ionic solution of silver of the PPM you wanted.

TDS meters are useless for measuring the PPM of ionic or colloidal silver.  About the only thing they're useful for is testing the purity of your distilled water (seriously) and no they cannot be calibrated to measure colloidal silver PPM.

If you only made 20PPM, heat the solution to over 120F, add the reducer, stir and in a half hour or less (if you heat to 140F its more like 5 minutes), the clear solution will turn a yellowish color (apple juice, beer, something like that).  Cap the jar, let it cool and you're done.

Now you have to decide whether or not you want to gel cap.  For ingesting non-gel-capped colloidal silver, you lose about 25% of it do to the action of the stomach (it causes some of the particles to agglomerate into larger particles that cannot be absorbed into the blood). If you gel cap (procedure explained on this site - its simple), just about 100% makes it into the upper part of the small intestine which is where the gelatine is digested and the silver particles absorbed into the blood.  Oh, and gelatine is a protein so animal based. Vegetable gelatine is NOT and won't work. IT will get dissolved in the stomach and you'll lose about 25% of the useful silver.

If you're making a liter of 20PPM, I'd suggest 10ma and run the cell for half an hour.

This is just a quick overview of the process we use.  Its been scientifically tested to work properly every single time.

muhendisane

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2019, 02:15:47 PM »
@gene, thanks for the information.

Is the yellow color refer to colloidal silver in any situtation regardless the producing method? Or whether or not you got yellow color, unless you produce it with real colloidal formula (in this case, kephra's), you got the ionic silver?

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2019, 01:05:56 AM »
Yellow is a Plasmon resonance.  For silver it is an exact indicator of particle size.  For silver, yellow means 10-15nm (particles pass blue light and reflect red and green - red+green is yellow which is what you see).

You will always get yellow in reducing ionic silver to colloidal if the particle size is in the right range.  It shouldn't matter what method you used to produce the ionic silver though the method I outlined is what we use here and its quick, easy and just plain works every time.

You can build a current limiter out of an LM317 voltage regulator and a potentiometer though you'd want a 10 turn one here for enough accuracy.  There is another way to build one but more parts and complexity.  Pretty much anything you buy will be too inacurate to use for the cell limiter.  The LM317 limiter bottom ends at 10ma. The other one (2 transistor limiter) can go all the way down to a very low current so it has a wide adjustment range.

Offline Neofizz

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2019, 01:12:33 AM »
Yellow can be a lot of things (including pee), but if you are using the process outlined here by Kephra, the yellow is colloidal silver. Without proper reduction there could be an ionic silver component as well. Kephra's procedure involves using the reducer in excess to ensure complete reduction and no ionic component remaining. The different reducers have been found to produce slightly different shades of yellow.

Ionic silver, that is pure, has no colour at all. It looks like tap water.

Highly recommended to use only steam distilled water though.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

muhendisane

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2019, 09:45:58 AM »
My last batch is turned slight yellow (with my old method), yesterday just for test, i put it to the sun for 20 mins, for reference i measure it before 14ppm, after waiting in the sun, it dropped to the 6ppm.

Is this means silver particles aggrogomated? For example, If i produced it with kephra's method, will it stay at the same color and ppm? (i know tds meter useless, I used it just for reference).

Or what's that mean?

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2019, 01:00:38 PM »
TDS meters do not and cannot measure the ppm of colloidal silver accurately.  I wrote an article explaining why, but apparently you didn't bother to read it.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2019, 07:28:53 PM »
How can a TDS reading be "for reference" given the meter can not show the PPM of colloidal silver? This confuses me.  The only way to tell PPM is by color (higher the PPM, the deeper the color because there's more silver particles to reflect light).  I can't explain your color change but then, you're not using the prescribed method so there's no clue as to what PPM you're making if even you're making colloidal silver.  Without an electrolyte to increase the conductivity of the water so higher currents can flow constantly, without a current limiter to set a constant current and without using Faraday's law of electrolysis to compute run time, you have absolutely no idea what you've made.  The only way to know for sure is basically counting electrons through the cell and thats what Faraday's law of electrolysis is doing to provide a run time.

For the method we use as depicted here on the forum, once you reduce properly, the color of the solution will stay a constant color equal to what it was immediately after reduction.

Oh yeah, the electrolyte provides another really important function.  Reducing sugars (glucose, maltodextrin,...) ONLY do this in an alkaline environment (around 8PH is ideal IIRC).  Given water absorbs carbon dioxide from the air, this will lower the PH (dissolved CO2 is carbolic acid), you need to push the PH up into the right range.  1ml of 1M electrolyte per liter does this - it does more than increase the conductivity of the water in the cell. It also does something else.  It prevents the deposition of silver onto the cathode so it stays dissolved in the water in the cell where you build the PPM during the run time to what you want.  The ionic silver cell (thats what you're making which after the run you then reduce to colloidal form) is in fact an electroplating cell where the electrolyte interferes with the silver being plated out onto the cathode where for this, the longer the run, the higher the PPM of dissolved silver oxide you produce.  This is all real science.  Simple but not obvious.

As far as a reducing agent, if you can't get Karo light clear corn syrup or maltodextrin or glucose (usually referred to as "dextrose" for food use - same sugar, two names), there is a procedure in Keprhas notebook for making invert sugar which works well too.  To make this, all you need is table sugar (sucrose) and one or two other common items.

Etheric Zone 1111

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2019, 09:33:00 PM »
I never Deviate from Kephra‘s Silver And Gold Formula And always get fantastic results !
Thank you Mr Kephra🙏

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2019, 09:35:15 PM »
I never Deviate from Kephra‘s Silver And Gold Formula And always get fantastic results !
Thank you Mr Kephra🙏
You are most welcome :)
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

muhendisane

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2019, 04:05:06 PM »
Sorry all for misunderstanding,

@kephra i did read your article, and i know tds meter useless to calculate ppm (i explained this on top message) As i mention i didn't want to measure ppm of the colloidal silver. I did it because i measure same solution with same tool, i didn't care about the ppm, it just shows 14 units , after the sun process it dropped to 6 units. It doesn't matter it contains silver in colloidal form or not. I just want to learn and analyze what i did produce before and will kephra's method change the color when it stays in sun , that's all.

Anf I have leftover silver solution from old method that i used, and i will not use it anymore no matter what, because i don't know what i produce, what's in it.. And also i think kephra is right about his methods. I preparing for produce the kephra's method, i will share the results.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2019, 05:18:10 PM »
Ultraviolet light from the sun or fluorescent lighting will reduce ionic silver, but it produces very large particles making it useless.  Colloidal silver should not be made in sunlight or with fluorescent lighting.

muhendisane

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2019, 07:09:02 PM »
@kephra, yes i read it, you suggest red light bulb or completely block the beker from any kind of other light source.

Is any red light bulb is ok or do you suggest exact type or model or specifications?