Author Topic: Method to raising PH  (Read 1833 times)

muhendisane

Method to raising PH
« on: July 29, 2019, 06:41:14 PM »
I'll be use the Formula III to produce colloidal gold

When i prepare the solution for the process PH seems to low, how can i raise the PH of the solution safely.

1- I know sodium carbonate to raises PH but can i use it in this formula, if so, what is the amounts for a liter. And is there anything i have to do extra or be careful?

2- And if it's possible to use sodium carbonate, is it applicable to other colloidal gold formulas, and the amounts information will be useful.

3- Is there a maximum value for PH?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 09:33:50 AM by muhendisane »

muhendisane

Re: Method to raising PH
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 09:15:47 PM »
Any thoughts?

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 11:14:03 PM »
Just follow the recipe.  When you electrolyze sodium chloride, you get sodium hydroxide which raises the pH as you go.
If any thing else were needed, I would have put it in the formula.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

muhendisane

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 10:52:05 AM »
I tried 2 times with same ingredients as before: sodium citrate, salt and syrup but all of them failed(turbid from outside  and pink/purple color inside when i put flashlight to it.

Also i tried 2 times with new iodized table salt and maltodextrin (i followed exactly formula 3) and both of them are failed also and PH is not going up by the time.

Then i search deeper in this forum and found the people having same problems like mine. And kephra you said to them PH is too low But not mentioned how to fix it. He tried himself and add 1ml %50 sodium carbonate to 1L and he fix the problem with this way.

To try it i add same amount to my 1L batch. And voila. It became very clear and very dense ruby red color by the end of the process.

Without adding the carbonate PH is around 5-5.5, after adding it it raised to around 9 and everthing went perfect.

So to drink it with safely i have to sure this method. Is this method safe to use in Formula 3 to raise the PH? If its not, so what do you suggest?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 10:58:54 AM by muhendisane »

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2019, 05:19:05 PM »
Sounds like you're distilled water is REALLY acidic.

It usually is a bit because it absorbs carbon dioxide from the air and dissolved carbon dioxide is carbolic acid but usually distilled is in the 6+PH range and it should coast over 7PH pretty easily.

Reducing sugar ONLY reduces if the PH is alkaline (above 7PH) with, at least for silver, about 8PH being ideal.

I can't support nor refute the use of sodium carbonate to drive the PH up.  That would be something Kephra would have to address.

Sounds like you did identify the problem.  The only thing thats to be determined is if you're chosen solution is safe.

And you do have to be careful with alkaline PH. As I recall, it was stated that all metallic colloids start falling out of solution around 10PH.  So there is such a thing as TOO high a PH.

muhendisane

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2019, 08:10:16 PM »
I'm using deionized water. I'm purifying my own water with omnipure filters and attached deionizer mixbed resin at the and of the filter line.

It's TDS 0PPM and conductivity 1μS. I'm using same exact materials as i use before and i've been successful with production even at very first try but i don't understand why is formula failing lately and why the ph is so low.

As a weak posibility, I'm thinking Ph of the DW is the same from the beginning but other additives work well before and not work well lately?

As i say i tried the carbonate and it work perfect. I also tried to concentrate the 1LT 40PPM colloidal gold, let it boil (to evaporate the DW) down to 500mL and it became 500mL 80PPM from 1LT 40PPM (I read this method from kephra's posts). Is this OK also?

It tastes very normal, almost tasteless and no signs of chlorine.

And how much the PH value going up along the process, like 1 or 2 up from the beginning?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 08:28:21 PM by muhendisane »

muhendisane

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 06:53:33 AM »
Any thoughts on this?

I'm planning to do high ppm colloidal gold by boiling the colloidal gold and let the water out of the solution and make the concentrated. And by doing that for ex. when the 1000ml 40ppm colloidal gold boiled down to 500ml, it becomes 80ppm 500ml colloidal gold solution, is that right?

So in this way if i boiled down 1000ml 40ppm colloidal gold down to 100ml, it becomes 100ml 400ppm colloidal gold? is that calculation right and is there anything to do and be aware of?

And if there is a another way to make very high ppm colloidal gold, i'll be pleased to know. Thanks

muhendisane

Offline SaltyCornflakes

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 05:07:43 PM »
Such high ppm will increase salt concentration, which eventually hurts the colloid. But try it and report back.

muhendisane

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2019, 05:03:51 AM »
By you mention 'hurt' what do you particularly mean? What kind of hurt is this?

And is there any method to use without 'hurt'?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 06:03:00 AM by muhendisane »