Author Topic: Gelatin alternatives for higher ppm?  (Read 2019 times)

louiskline

Gelatin alternatives for higher ppm?
« on: February 06, 2020, 02:34:21 AM »
Hello,
I've read on the forum that with just Karo, you can get to 20 ppm colloidal silver, with maltodextrin you can get up to 40, with cinnamon you can get up to 100, and with gelatin you can get to 320. I've read that the cinnamon extract makes the Colloidal Silver taste unpleasant so I'm a bit hesitant to try that method. Are there others that I've missed that can produce higher than maltodextrin? Thanks!

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
Re: Gelatin alternatives for higher ppm?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 06:59:38 AM »
I typically make "naked" at 80-120PPM using malto and it seems to keep as long as I have it.

I'm not sure where you got those numbers but I can't say I've ever seen what you're saying other than the 20PPM with karo naked.  Its not a very good stabilizer where malto is.

I could be remembering wrong but people used to make naked 320PPM using cinnamon.  Everyone these days talks about gel capping so take this for what its worth.

People claim that malto imparts a flavor to the Colloidal Silver but even at higher PPM's (80-120PPM), I've never noticed it.  Perhaps it depends on WHICH malto you use. A lot of guys use carbogain.  I bought mine from a home brewing supply shop and its not carbogain.  They use this stuff in beer as it gives a creamy taste/mouth-feel to the beer.  It was cheap in the home brew supply shop.  I don't think I even paid $3 for a pound of it.

Gelatine's main function is to coat all the silver particles which gets ALL the silver in a very ingestible form into the small intestine where its absorbed.  If you don't gel coat it, figure about 75% of the naked you ingest will make it through the stomach with the silver particles remaining as they were made so they can be absorbed.  Yes, silver is inert in the body and the stomach doesn't "do" anything to it but through the action of the stomach, non-gel capped as many of its particles agglomerate into larger "chunks" that stay stuck together and hence, are too large to be absorbed.

louiskline

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 04:56:48 AM »
Interesting. I've read all the information i posted initially in piece meal throughout the forum but I haven't tested anything besides the 20 ppm karo. I just got maltodextrin in the mail from amazon so i'll give it a test run to see what i end up with.

Offline SaltyCornflakes

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 12:44:36 PM »
I'm also interested in higher ppm without gelatin, for the simple reason that I would like to use Colloidal Silver in inhalation and nose rinses. Now you can do inhalation with clean Colloidal Silver, but need an isotonic saline solution as a base for nasal irrigation. Isotonic saline quickly kills 'naked' colloids. It appears these two things are close to impossible to make work together.

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2020, 08:00:05 PM »
I just use naked Colloidal Silver.  The electrolyte you used to make it is a sodium salt - sodium carbonate. It pushes the PH a little alkaline which I think is good.  Pathogens don't survive well in alkaline environments (well most of them).

For inhalation (ultrasonic humidifier "nebulizer"), though I haven't used one yet, I have a friend whose wife came down with MAC (a TB like illness thats an SOB to cure but not contagious like TB) and the doctor was going to put her on a course of 3 nasty antibiotics in parallel for 1-2 YEARS. We both know how badly that would have wrecked her system. notwithstanding the cost.

They were willing to try Colloidal Silver before the doc did that. And yes, a lung doctor did a culture and verified she indeed had MAC.

I made them a gallon of 20PPM (karo reduced, naked) and explained to them how to use it. She started to improve so quickly that the doc held off on the antibiotics (of course they didn't tell the doc what they were doing - hehe).  She was cured in 3 months flat with no ill effects to her body (verified by a lung doctor). IIRC, I gave them in total maybe 2 gallons of 20PPM Colloidal Silver to do this with.  Amazing.

When they told the doc what they did, she looked at them in awe and said "you should patent that" (hahahaha).

No saline, no nothing.  Just naked karo reduced Colloidal Silver.  I've used this in nasal atomizers and it seems to do the trick quickly.  Even as an ear drop - enough with your head tilted to coat everything (sounds like water in your ear), keep your head tilted for a minute or two to give it a little time to work and to get everywhere, tilt your head and catch what runs out in a tissue and you're good.  Oh yeah it works when you have an ear infection.

I do tend to use 40PPM though for the nasal spray, ear drops,...  Given how much the body is under attack from outside pathogens constantly, I don't think a bit stronger is going to do anything other than help.

And though I would ONLY recommend it IF you have it - pink eye - one drop of 20PPM naked in that eye before bed and for the most part, the pink eye is gone by morning.  The caution here is that the eye is a permeable membrane. You don't want to load it up with Colloidal Silver as that can cause issues into the future.  A drop or two a couple times over a lifetime to cure pink eye won't cause issues.

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
  • "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" Lincoln
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2020, 08:26:27 AM »
SaltyCornflakes,

Do Not use gelatin capped in the ultrasonic vaporizer.  You would want the gelatin in your lungs.  It takes a certain enzyme found in the small intestine to remove the gelatin coating so it can do its job. 

I use 20-40 ppm karo reduced colloidal silver in my lungs, nose, sinuses and ears.  Works great.

Bobby
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln

Offline SaltyCornflakes

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2020, 08:15:06 PM »
I agree, naked Colloidal Silver works fine for inhalation. I have been using 80ppm cinnamon reduced, because I don't really want carbohydrate residue in the machine or my lungs either.

For nasal irrigation though, not using isotonic solution results hurts like hell for me. I may try to add more sodium carbonate after it's cooked.

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2020, 02:00:09 AM »
Regarding inhalation, remember, we inhale easily 10x MORE "junk" into our lungs each day than we'd ever inhale in silver particles over the course of a day and the body easily eliminates all that junk.

Reducing with karo at 20PPM, you're probably not looking at even more than 1 calorie of sugar though post reduction, its oxidized sugar (it rips the oxygen off of the silver oxide, kicking the elemental silver particles out into the water) so I'm not sure being oxidized, exactly what the reducing agent actually becomes.

As Kephra says, for something to be reduced, something else must be oxidized.

Also, I usually start with 80PPM naked as thats what I normally make and then dilute down to 20-40PPM for the nasal spray atomizer (one of those pump type microfine mist types). That lowers the PH by the 2-4x dilution (I know PH is logarithmic so this won't lower the pH THAT much but...) because you use the same amount of electrolyte in a quart of water regardless the PPM you're making.

Sodium carbonate is highly alkaline.  Saline isn't - nearly neutral PH.  I think you want to go the OTHER way but report back what you find. Of course, we're kind of stuck using 18-20 drops of 1m electrolyte per liter so thats the lower end. Post reduction though, PH doesn't matter nor affect anything unless the PH is up around 10 where colloids all start falling out of solution (I'm not sure what the right description is here because colloids aren't dissolved but for sure, the particles settle out on the bottom of the container making it not a colloid anymore).  Perhaps there's something a tiny bit acidic you can and to drive the PH of your finished colloid down closer to neutral to see if that helps.

Offline emanwols

• Participant
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2020, 03:13:16 PM »
I agree, naked colloidal silver works fine for inhalation. I have been using 80ppm cinnamon reduced, because I don't really want carbohydrate residue in the machine or my lungs either.

For nasal irrigation though, not using isotonic solution results hurts like hell for me. I may try to add more sodium carbonate after it's cooked.
You can also use xylitol to prevent stinging . it also has the added benefit of being an antibacterial in its own right.
https://www.colloidsforlife.com/Articles.asp?ID=279

Offline SaltyCornflakes

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2020, 12:42:14 AM »
That's a great suggestion. I have xylitol right here. Will report back.

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2020, 08:25:50 PM »
Xylitol is fine for humans, but KEEP IT AWAY FROM DOGS.

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
  • "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" Lincoln
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2020, 04:46:50 AM »
SaltyCornflakes,

Let us now ASAP about the xylitol.  My wife just used her nose 40ppm colloidal silver spray and started yelling at me because it was burning her nose.  We have used the same formula for years.  I told her it was probably because her sinuses were so dry from the electric heat sucking all the humidity out of the air. 

There was a bit of blood before hand.  But no more sinus infections for 4-5 years now.  That’s worth its weight in silver I think! 

Bobby
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln

Offline SaltyCornflakes

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2020, 05:07:53 AM »
I tried nasal irrigation with 100ppm colloidal silver with xylitol. It seems to burn a little less than straight tap water, but is still very unpleasant. Used about 2g for 200ml.

The recipes for regular nasal rinses with xylitol seem to advocate a mix of salt and xylitol, so as far as Colloidal Silver is concerned I'm back to square one. But will add xylitol to my regular rinses, since it is antibacterial as well. I've sometimes used iodine for the same reason. 1-3 drops of lugol's on half a litre of saline solution is quite OK for the mucous membranes.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 09:05:06 PM by SaltyCornflakes »

RedDogJT

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2020, 11:52:24 PM »
I've had a chronic nasal "non-allergic, allergic reaction" in my sinus for 2 decades now! Doctors did all the tests and keep coming back to some kind of embedded infection on one area of my sinuses. So I've started doing a nebulizer with "naked"? ionic silver solution.  When you guys say naked, do you imply that after the sodium carbonate (high PH) you don't convert it to a colloid? with a reducing agent, nor cap it (not sure why capping would be needed if your snorting this, or inhaling)  Novice question I'm sure.

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2020, 09:16:30 PM »
...I've read that the cinnamon extract makes the colloidal silver taste unpleasant...
Only if you don't like the faint taste of cinnamon. Personally, I've never noticed it, but some have commented on the cinnamon taste being there.