Author Topic: Do Gelatin makes difference  (Read 519 times)

orionis83

Do Gelatin makes difference
« on: May 11, 2020, 12:55:02 PM »
Hi,

I have been making colloidal silver for few months and I have learned a lot from this community. I have never capped my silver with Gelatin. I know it is protects silver from salt outside body, but does it really make silver more effective compared to uncapped inside body. Gelatin is an animal product and I am a staunch vegetarian so it is difficult to convince myself to use it. Also are there any alternatives for gelatin. I am using maltodextrin and karo but they don't pass the salt test.

Thanks

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
Re: Do Gelatin makes difference
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 06:24:02 PM »
gelatine passes the salt and HCL tests.

Gelatine is animal based. Its a protein.  The stomach does NOT digest proteins. Thats done by a couple enzymes the small intestine secretes.

Without gel capping, there's been some statements that about 75% of what you ingest gets into the small intestine which can be absorbed.  The action of the stomach on the silver particles causes many of them to agglomerate into larger macro particles that are too large to absorb.

Gel capping gets nearly 100% of the silver though the stomach into the small intestine where those enzymes digest the protein and let the silver particles out.

No one can say for certain how much more gets absorbed but IMHO, if you're getting nearly 100% of the silver into your small intestine of absorbable particle size compared to 75%, more has to be absorbed.

Also, gelatine is a wonderful stabilizer.

I use gel capped externally (am now on a nasty scrape).  It was over an inch wide. Its been maybe not even a week. Its maybe half an inch wide already. Yeah, its healing this fast.

I think what happens is that the gelatine forms a very thin protective film over the cut or scrape and being "medicated", nothing gets in.  Just a guess but for sure, it works.

I wouldn't go putting gel capped in a humidifier to inhale into your lungs or into a nasal atomizer or even into your eyes but ingesting and topically seem to work just fine.

I'm a vegetarian of sorts too but am a little more pragmatic about things.  Actually I have a meat allergy so I eat all but - fish, dairy, eggs,... and strangely, though I never considered myself a true vegetarian, eating in this manner is considered a type of vegetarianism.

Think about exactly how much of the stuff you'll ingest a year.  A teaspoon maybe?

Your choice.

And no, just so its said, vegetable gelatine is NOT gelatine and it won't work because its plant based and the stomach WILL digest it or at least start the process.

For gel capping it matters little what reducer you use.  Even Karo works fine - at least up to about 160PPM (I've never gone higher - perhaps someone else an chime in on this). Yes Karo is not a good stabilizer for PPMs over 20 BUT you'd be only using it as a reducer and then gel capping which becomes the real stabilizer.

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 03:50:37 PM »
Hi,

I have been making colloidal silver for few months and I have learned a lot from this community. I have never capped my silver with Gelatin. I know it is protects silver from salt outside body, but does it really make silver more effective compared to uncapped inside body. Gelatin is an animal product and I am a staunch vegetarian so it is difficult to convince myself to use it. Also are there any alternatives for gelatin. I am using maltodextrin and karo but they don't pass the salt test.

Thanks
If you can't use gelatine, cap the Colloidal Silver with cinnamon tincture. It's not as good as gelatine, but it works sufficiently well to be worthwhile.

Offline imcool

• Participant
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 04:27:01 PM »
great info

PhiPhi

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2020, 06:53:15 PM »
@Gene, Have you tried fish gelatin?  I wondered because it seems to be more popular where I live and a lot cheaper.  I would try it myself but I don't know what to look for to tell if it works or not.

orionis83

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2020, 04:49:38 PM »
Thanks a lot. It was really helpful.