Author Topic: My first 320 PPM  (Read 4186 times)

Aureum

My first 320 PPM
« on: January 03, 2013, 09:27:41 PM »
Thought I would give 320 PPM a try to see what it would be like.

500ml, 16ml cinnamon extract, using SilverTron.

It seems that the anode needs frequent cleaning from what I beleive to be the accumilation of cinnamon extract. Is this normal? Would it be good to add the cinnamon extract at different intervals during the process to minimize this perhaps using the progress bar as a guide?

Thanks

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: My first 320 PPM
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 09:35:33 PM »
Thought I would give 320 PPM a try to see what it would be like.

500ml, 16ml cinnamon extract, using SilverTron.

It seems that the anode needs frequent cleaning from what I beleive to be the accumilation of cinnamon extract. Is this normal? Would it be good to add the cinnamon extract at different intervals during the process to minimize this perhaps using the progress bar as a guide?

Thanks
It does help to clean the anode.  The black stuff on it is mostly silver oxide.  I believe itbwould be better to add the cinnamon at intervals, but have never tried it out.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

pawelk

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 03:07:29 AM »
A coffee filter should catch all the dirt afterwards. I prefer not to interrupt the process.
What do you think Kephra?

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 08:40:10 AM »
To filter colloidal silver, try getting a length of aquarium tubing and a small cylindrical airstone. Drop the airstone end into the "contaminated" bottle or beaker and then siphon off the colloidal silver into a clean storage vessel. The airstone can be cleaned with back-flushing with DW if necessary, but I seldom find it to be necessary. I have found this to be much faster than coffee filters.

Aureum

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 11:44:31 AM »
Well, it finished up finally after about 3.5 hours. Looks good I think. Sure is dark. I think light has a lot of trouble getting away from that stuff! :) I poured it back into the plastic water bottle and after setting overnight I held it to the light and tried to see how much sediment there was. Just a few peices that were almost too small to see. I took a small sample and diluted it 15 to 1 and it looked that familiar yellow just like the 20ppm batch. Thanks for the helpful suggestions.

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 12:37:25 PM »
My 320ppm looks like strong black coffee.  You did the right thing by diluting it to check it, and go the right result.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.