Author Topic: Particles in colloidal gold  (Read 2035 times)

gork

Particles in colloidal gold
« on: December 28, 2020, 10:52:51 AM »
Hi,

I am making colloidal gold with 80C hot water, 800 mg citrate, 800mg rock salt, 2 gr glucose (corn syrup). Nice ruby red colloidal gold.

Only thing that I couldn't find yet is after two or three weeks later, I start to see some black particles in my colloidal gold batches. Not %100 of time it happens but at the and its a problem.  I've started with honey (was happening a lot, I know, I know..:)), switched to maltodextrin (sometimes no reduction, sometimes violet color or ruby red turns violet after a while). Im ok with corn syrup but still need to solve this problem.

Thanks.

Offline SaltyCornflakes

• Expert
  • Participant
Re: Particles in colloidal gold
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 05:56:13 PM »
This happens when your colloidal gold is not sterile. Fill it in a clean bottle and seal it while it's still close to cooking temp. It will keep better.

Also, for an already opened non-sterile bottle you can cook it up again and filter it a second time.

Rock salt is not the same as pure sodium chloride, I would use the latter.

gork

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 12:02:49 AM »
It was very helpful. I will keep them glass bottles first.

I wasnt suspicious about rock salt becasue it was working (I was thinking). But after you say that as for salt I got pure sodium chloride so I will switch it making next batch.

Thanks for your help.

Offline Eugene

• Participant
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 08:02:42 PM »
I figure I'd post here instead of making a new thread.
Sometimes in colloidal gold that I haven't used up in 2 weeks I'll notice gold flakes start to surface. Is this what people mean when they say it doesn't last very long?
I hope it's not gold chloride or something else bad for me?

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2021, 09:51:56 PM »
Rock salt is DIRTY!

Sea salt isn't much better and there are other sea minerals in it and worse yet, the countries that make sea salt are all third world (vietnam, ...) and a lot of those countries dump raw sewage in the ocean in same area they get the sea water to evaporate to get the salt.

Himalayan salt is the purest on Earth because those deposits have existed for millions of years - no pollution, nothing BUT the pink is other minerals that are actually good for you so its kind of "contaminated" from a sodium chloride perspective.

Salt you buy in the grocery store isn't super pure either. A lot of salt has an anticake agent added which wouldn't be wise to put in a colloidal gold cell. I've even seen that in some kosher salts.

Really, the only salt that would be completely pure would be something thats labeled as USP grade and I can't say I've ever seen any salt from a grocery store thats been labeled as such.  Doesn't mean there isn't any - just have never seen it.

Going bad means it starts smelling funny or evolving life, usually.  And yeah, it does which is why the formulas only make about 250ml.  Keep it in the fridge and endeavor to use it ALL up within a week or two and then make more.  Easy if you use the salt lake minerals 1% gold chloride method.  Not as easy if you're making it using electrolysis.

I'm not sure what gold flakes rising to the surface means.  Perhaps someone else can chime in on this one.