Author Topic: So Disappointing  (Read 497 times)

Offline Year Zero

• Participant
  • The Future Disappears Into Memory
So Disappointing
« on: March 08, 2020, 06:07:51 PM »
 :( Amazon is mess.  I ordered a 1000 ml beaker because it was microwave safe and had a nice handle which makes it easy to take out of the microwave.
It arrived in a small box that was covered in a brown shipping bag--no joke.  The box was smashed and the beaker was cracked.(see photo)  Well after fighting with Amazon's return policy, the UPS guy came and picked it up the next day.  It is getting harder to find competent sellers on Amazon.

Offline Turbidaceous

• Participant
  • Living in the UK
Re: So Disappointing
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 06:23:47 PM »
I have had £25 in credits over the last 5 days or so because of Amazon screw ups. This does not surprise me. I had 6L of distilled water damaged and sent back to FRANCE (I am in the UK) and they never even alerted me, I had to find out the night before when I checked the tracking page.

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 09:14:10 AM »
I have had £25 in credits over the last 5 days or so because of Amazon screw ups. This does not surprise me. I had 6L of distilled water damaged and sent back to FRANCE (I am in the UK) and they never even alerted me, I had to find out the night before when I checked the tracking page.
Buy from APC Pure. Their distilled water is excellent, prices are reasonable, and they are Believers in Colloidal Silver making, so they are on our side.

Offline Turbidaceous

• Participant
  • Living in the UK
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 01:56:49 PM »
A tad more expensive but that is a fantastic resource to have. Thanks. I have bookmarked that as a trusted source for water.

Offline emanwols

• Participant
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2020, 02:40:33 AM »
A tad more expensive but that is a fantastic resource to have. Thanks. I have bookmarked that as a trusted source for water.
I have bought from APC in the past. The DW is cheap enough but if you do not live near the company to collect in person then the delivery costs are an absolute killer.
I always say buy a distiller and produce your own. On a bad run you will produce DW of .0001 ppm good enough for Colloidal Silver and definately much cheaper than APC  - even if you wish to go mad and buy their 1000 liter IBC container.
You will recoup the initial cost of the distiller(i use Megahome) in no time at all. They are a little bit more expensive now but still cheaper to make your own.
I have had this discussion with cfnisbet in the past and i am not sure we will agree on my views on making your own DW but i stand firm.