Author Topic: PET storage for Colloidal Silver  (Read 3141 times)

Ricplate

PET storage for Colloidal Silver
« on: August 10, 2015, 09:08:32 PM »
Is better glas bottles or PET (plastic) botles? for storage?  both dark film in order to protect from sun!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 12:02:40 AM by kephra »

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: PET storage
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 10:08:24 PM »
Only ionic silver needs to be protected from sunlight.
Colloidal silver and colloidal gold can be stored in clear plastic or clear glass.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Prince Angel

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 11:53:41 PM »
if what you are talking about is because of the chemicals of the plastics, i would always go glass... no question... even for a day or 10 years glass is better...

Ricplate

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 12:17:42 AM »
thank you very valuable info!!!!

rolfy123

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 11:32:15 AM »
so to ship colloidal silver or IS, or short storage plastic is ok? If so this will be healthy and save me cash shipping colloidal silver and IS to family members

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 11:58:25 AM »
I store colloidal silver in used Fiji water bottles for long periods of time with no problems.  Fiji bottles are polyethylene (PETE).  They do melt at a pretty low temperature, so let your colloidal silver cool before filling the bottles.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

schiaucu

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 01:31:06 AM »
I have noticed that in almost every batch of colloidal silver I made, it still remains some little ionic silver. I also noticed that when I put the colloidal silver silver in plastic bottles I have some black coating on the bottle. Measuring with TDS meter, the colloidal silver in plastic bottles has lower values than the one in glass bottles. Apparently the remaining positive ions of silver get stick on the inner walls of plastic bottle perhaps because of the plastic electrostatic properties. I believe that could be a good method to cleanse the ionic remains in the colloidal silver solution.
Because I have a cheap TDS meter, I don’t know if my readings were correct so I invite you all to try for yourselves and post the results.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2015, 01:33:39 AM »
You cannot accurately read silver content with at TDS meter as explained in the Articles section.  If you correctly used sodium carbonate electrolyte and reducing agent, there should be absolutely no ionic content left. 

schiaucu

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2015, 01:41:47 AM »
It was from my first batches at the time when I used no electrolyte for my colloidal silver, only glucose as reducing agent. As glucose has no influence on the TDS readings, the ppm indications was only for the ionic silver. The same batch from the same production, gives me lower readings in plastic bottles than in the glass bottles.

schiaucu

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2015, 01:47:21 AM »
Yes I know now, but as I said it was in my colloidal silver silver childhood, somewhere 2 months ago.

schiaucu

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2015, 01:53:42 AM »
That explains also why I cannot colloidate my older batches of ionic silver, no matter how much glucose I put in.

Offline RickinWI

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2015, 02:38:36 AM »
It's very important to put in the correct amount of electrolyte before electrolysis especially if you will be reducing with any sugar type reducer like Karo, Dextrose (Glucose), Maltose, Fructose, etc.

1 ml per Liter of 1 Molar Sodium Carbonate is the correct amount.

Glucose will not work properly if the pH is below 7.0

The pH of DW is many times as low as 5.6

That is the most likely reason that you can't reduce your IS by adding glucose.  The glucose will stay in it's ring form until you raise the pH up far enough to break the ring and straighten out the glucose molecule.  Then, and only then, there is an available electron at one end of the chain that can be used for reducing.
So many VARIABLES & so little TIME.