Author Topic: Lot of dark stuff on my kathode?  (Read 562 times)

axkman

Lot of dark stuff on my kathode?
« on: August 01, 2020, 11:53:15 PM »
Hi there!

I have a question. I made a new batch of 500ml nano silver water which looks beautifull!
I just wonder. I made the cathode electrode 50% shorter than the anode. But.. there is a thick cloud of black stuff (silver oxide?) on it after 2 hours of production on 2ma current.

My glass is on a magnetic stirrer. But I wondered, do you guys know a way to prevent this silver oxide build-up on the kathode?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 12:05:26 AM by axkman »

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
Re: Lot of dark stuff on my kathode?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 08:59:11 AM »
There isn't a way to prevent it, really. Just making the Colloidal Silver correctly will minimise it.

axkman

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 12:10:56 PM »
Okay, thank you for your reply.

Is there maybe some advices on how to reduce it? Like should i retract the kathode a bit more? Or should i get my magnetic stirrer a bit more RPM?
Or maybe less current (my current was max 2ma with a current source that prevents more than 6ma current).

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 01:21:13 PM »
Okay, thank you for your reply.

Is there maybe some advices on how to reduce it? Like should i retract the kathode a bit more? Or should i get my magnetic stirrer a bit more RPM?
Or maybe less current (my current was max 2ma with a current source that prevents more than 6ma current).
The electrolyte is the main key to plateout reduction, followed by making the Colloidal Silver slowly at low amperage.

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
  • "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" Lincoln
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 06:09:40 AM »
axkman,

What ppm are you going for?

cfnisbet is completely right. The electrolyte has to be made and measured just right.

What was your voltage?

Bobby
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln