Author Topic: Colloidal Gold and its inhabitants  (Read 2956 times)

Offline mraluma415

• Expert
  • Participant
Colloidal Gold and its inhabitants
« on: November 28, 2012, 05:08:32 AM »
I have been wondering about what the stuff is that grows in the colloidal gold. Whatever it is, it looks organic. Recently I had noticed when grabbing my bottle of .05 mol sodium citrate "premix", that there were fuzzy jellyfish looking things floating around in my premix. It looked somewhat similar to the forms that were growing in the colloidal gold (when left at room temperature for more roughly 2weeks).

Today, I was going through old experiment bottles that had different buffers and stabilizers that were archived for a "shelf life" test. One of the bottles was formulated using gold chloride with sodium hydroxide as a buffer to initiate the cinnamon extract. This bottle has been sitting for over one month with not the slightest sign of growth.

I am now questioning the possibility of whether or not its the citrate alone that is responsible for this growth. Even a bottle of sugar water with the lid on tight will not grow something this consistently and this quickly.
"The art of healing comes from nature, not from the physician. Therefore the physician must start from nature, with an open mind." - Paracelsus

Offline lordkarma

• Expert
  • Participant
Re: Colloidal Gold and its inhabitants
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 01:50:12 PM »
So I have some colloidal gold that has been the fridge for about a month that I added colloidal silver to and one of the jars had like a black lump at the bottom.  The other ones do not have that but look kinda like specs throughout is this the growth you guys were referring to?  I hate to throw it out if it is just colloidal gold clumping together.  If this was mold wouldn't it stand to reason it would be on the cap of the mason jar?  The lid is perfectly clean.

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 01:57:49 PM »
There is an excess of citrate in the solution, and it may be that the excess citrate that is not attached to gold particles is combining and making clumps.  I see this with maltodextrin too.  In the past, I just filtered it and used it.  This didn't seem to hurt anything, but use your own judgement.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline lordkarma

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 02:03:31 PM »
Yeah that makes me feel better I think I am going to filter it and see. 

Offline mraluma415

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 08:14:57 PM »
when making sodium citrate solution, the laboratory standard is to autoclave for 20 min, this must have something to do with this effect.
"The art of healing comes from nature, not from the physician. Therefore the physician must start from nature, with an open mind." - Paracelsus

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 08:25:25 PM »
Yeah, I think it is a pretty good growth medium, but when making colloidal gold, its close to boiling for about 30 minutes.  I would think that would kill any organisms.  The problem I see is sterility after its made.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.