Author Topic: Help on tyndall effect and blur  (Read 1968 times)

renowatio

Help on tyndall effect and blur
« on: January 06, 2020, 01:14:18 PM »
want to share pictures. firstly, I made 10.6 grams of sodium carbonate and 100ml distilled water electrolyte. I added 240mg of gelatin to 80ppm in a 1 liter 70-80C heated magnetic stirrer. I added 1150mg of maltodextrin. I recently added 1ml of electrolyte.

With my constant current laboratory type power supply, I gave energy at 10mA constant current. The voltage changed between 12-15 volts. every 30 minutes the silver bar was cleaned with heat.

tyndall effect in some of my work is getting more. The heat I add and the mg I add are all the same. I also pay attention to cleanliness. The water I use is the same distilled water .. Is it suitable for oral use in this way?
40 ppm gelatin coating in a final liter image. tyndall effect a bit too much like blur. I would be very grateful if you share your help and information on pictures and silver. Respects. Sorry to use translation.

Offline SaltyCornflakes

• Expert
  • Participant
Re: Help on tyndall effect and blur
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 02:36:43 PM »
It is normal that higher ppm = more tyndall, using the same method.

When you want high ppm and use gelatin, I recommend using a simpler sugar such as glucose/dextrose. Maltodextrin works best without gelatin and for lower ppm colloidal silver.

renowatio

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 06:55:11 PM »
80ppm tyndall effect was less. Do you think the tyndall effect of 40ppm is too much? The last big bottle is 40ppm. Other small beaker glass ones diluted with water. Is the tyndall effect suitable for oral internal use, as illustrated?

renowatio

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 07:02:06 PM »
tyndall effect is too much blur What can be the reasons? for example, can the excess heat be 90 degrees? Do you think I'm making a mistake somewhere? Is there a picture that has been too tyndall? How will we know if there is too much? Sorry for asking so many questions. respects

Offline SaltyCornflakes

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2020, 08:24:24 PM »
It's impossible to tell how much Tyndall you have based on these pictures. Tyndall effect is not blur. Tyndall effect is a 'fog' that you see when you shine a light through the solution. You see a little bit of it in your last picture, with the bottled Colloidal Silver. The grayish haze. Higher PPM will always be less translucent, to the point of becoming opaque and like coffee.

You will have to experiment with heat. When I use dextrose & gelatin, I heat to about 85°c. When I do not use gelatin, I heat as little as possible. Heat above 90°c should be fine.

Tyndall effect does not make a product undrinkable. It simply shows a certain amount of particles that are larger than desired. You want to minimize this effect for the product to be as potent as possible.

renowatio

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2020, 06:16:15 AM »
I think I'm asking you wrong. The anode silver rod I use is 1 cm wide, 2 mm thick and 12 cm high. I use a constant current of 10mA and power between 12-15 volts, so the cathode is in a few mm of water in the same silver bar. I'm trying to make it without adding 40 ppm of foggy and slightly smoky gelatin. Are my silver bars foggy or smoky because they are rectangular or small? What could be the reason?

renowatio

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2020, 10:08:42 AM »
Hello to everyone. I think I found the answer to my question. I guess the temperature. I did 1 liter electrolyte magnetic stirrer for 30 minutes with 1 liter 30-35C degree in dark room with 10mA around 15volt. I added 400mg maltodextrin. I heated it to 60C. color was slightly yellow. I added 60mg of gelatin. I kept stirring. passed salt test. 7-8 hours by throwing salt. still the color had not changed. share pictures below. The tyndall effect was also minimal this time. Thank you for your help.
Note: Is the correct ratio of 400mg to 1 liter of maltodextrin? Because the color was very light yellow.

Offline Familyman

• Participant
    • Richard Wright Photography
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2020, 07:05:04 PM »
I remember reading here it's approx 0.6g of maltodextrin per liter. Not sure that makes a big difference but I hope it helps.
Life; Ride it like you stole it !

renowatio

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2020, 06:53:04 AM »
My new party 80ppm. . 8 drop turmeric extract 500 ml with a magnetic stirrer at 70 ° C with 0,5 ml electrolyte coated with 120 mg gelatin. then I did dilution. I think the color was a little dark. but the clarity is very nice. No blur. Thanks in advance for your feedback and help.

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
  • "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" Lincoln
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2020, 09:22:59 AM »
renowatio,

I’m about 6 weeks late to the conversation but...I’ve found that adding the reducer in steps over a 5 minute period starting about a minute or two before the batch finishes greatly improves the clarity of the colloidal silver.

Best luck to you.

Bobby
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Turbidaceous

• Participant
  • Living in the UK
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2020, 01:51:23 AM »
Interesting. I won't be experimenting with hot creation till tomorrow hopefully, but when I do it cold, I add my 300mg of malto, stirr and nuke it for 4 mins and 40 seconds. Take it out and leave it for 15-20 mins or so (not timed it, I go by the visual colour change) and my last four 1L batches have been 1000% perfect, aside from the fact I have to babysit the ammeter because I don't have constant current.

renowatio,

I’m about 6 weeks late to the conversation but...I’ve found that adding the reducer in steps over a 5 minute period starting about a minute or two before the batch finishes greatly improves the clarity of the colloidal silver.

Best luck to you.

Bobby

engine44

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2020, 04:44:01 AM »
Thanks for this info Turbidaceous.

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2020, 09:09:55 AM »
renowatio,

Best luck to you.

Bobby
Yes, me too. Slow production followed by slow reduction is more effective all the time.