Author Topic: Is this true?  (Read 551 times)

Offline tbrod

• Participant
Is this true?
« on: October 19, 2022, 03:36:45 PM »
How to Test For Ionic Silver Products
Macro crystal blue bubble

To figure out whether a solution is ionic silver, you only need add chloride ions. Common table salt, which is sodium chloride, will do. If silver ions are present the chloride ions will combine with the silver ions and create a white, cloudy appearance. To form a cloud that is visible requires that a sufficient concentration of silver ions be present, typically about 10 ppm or above. Simply place 1-2 ounces of ionic silver in a clear glass. Add a few grains of table salt.

Observe whether, as the salt dissolves, a white cloud of silver chloride forms in the solution. If so, eventually, the entire solution will turn cloudy. If more salt is added, the white silver chloride will become denser until all the silver ions have combined with the available chlorine ions. If no silver ions are present then no white cloud will form. Here’s the rub: Some products will not make a white cloud of silver chloride when table salt is added because they contain no silver at all, or very little silver. Believe it or not, lab analysis has shown that some “silver” products actually contain no silver!

The difference between silver ions and silver particles boils down to the fact that silver ions combine with chloride ions to form silver chloride and silver particles do not.

https://www.silver-colloids.com/reports/ionic-silver-solutions/

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: Is this true?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2022, 04:00:28 PM »
Yes, that is true.  Silver chloride has a much lower solubility than silver oxides.  The solubility of silver chloride is only about 2ppm at 25C.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.