Author Topic: Is it too late to add the capping agent?  (Read 2636 times)

Etheric Zone 1111

Is it too late to add the capping agent?
« on: August 04, 2018, 07:07:46 PM »
Hello,

I was successful producing my 1st batch of Colloidal Silver, but did not Capp it.
Can I warm it up and add the capping agent, or is it too late , I don’t want to damage the batch .

Thanks Ed

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: Is it too late to add the capping agent?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 07:25:59 PM »
Yes, that is perfectly fine.
BTW, karo is a capping agent.  So is maltodextrin. So is cinnamon extract. So is gelatin.
The purpose of a capping agent is to protect the silver nanoparticles, keeping them from growing in size, and resisting other salts and acids.
Karo is weakest, gelatin is strongest.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Etheric Zone 1111

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 07:29:35 PM »
So the 2 Drops Of Karo  I added to the Colloidal Silver is sufficient no need for the Gelatin?

Thanks again .

Ed

Offline emanwols

• Participant
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 06:25:50 AM »
So the 2 Drops Of Karo  I added to the colloidal silver is sufficient no need for the Gelatin?

Thanks again .

Ed
If you still wish to Gel cap then i suggest you read this thread https://www.cgcsforum.org/index.php?topic=3911.15
I found it quite useful.This is how i now make all my 40ppm Colloidal Silver

Etheric Zone 1111

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 03:36:39 PM »
Thank you!

Offline Neofizz

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 02:40:00 PM »
Oh Look!

More SPAM!

The Spam Man seems to have located us again.  :(
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline Neofizz

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2019, 04:07:31 PM »
Watched a smart guy thwarting a scammer yesterday, using Python code to flood his site with fake email addresses.

Wishing I spent more time learning security when I was an IT guy, but things were different back in the stone age.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 05:27:29 PM »
Yes, I'm on it now.

Offline Turbidaceous

• Participant
  • Living in the UK
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2020, 03:23:30 AM »
I'll post here since it seems relavent. So, since I use diluted Golden Syrup for my reducing agent, is the tiny amount added for reducing enough for weak capping effect? Or should I add more to my final result to increase, or I should say complete, the weak capping effect? I am trying to make the most flexible-use Colloidal Silver, rather than make separate batches for topical use and then ingestion.

Thanks.

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2020, 07:47:01 PM »
Try gel-capped for topical.  It seems to work just as well and I'm not the only one who has observed this.

Also, given its gelatine coated, as long as you put some on, let it dry and give it a second coat, it seems to kind of work like an antiseptic bandage. Since gelatine takes so long to bloom, washing your hands or something shouldn't remove much. A shower? Put more on after and your skin is dry.  I only keep some naked around these days for stomach issues and for inhalation.

Offline Turbidaceous

• Participant
  • Living in the UK
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2020, 05:58:58 PM »
 just worry about gelatin, in terms of it possibly limiting where it could be used or if I give it to vegetarians/vegans or what ever. Does cinnamon extract add any bioavailability when taken internally? I know gelatin does but I am just trying to think more universally so I could still use the resulting silver for whatever purpose I need and not have to worry about then keeping a stash of capped and a stash of non-capped.

e11

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2020, 12:19:41 PM »
So maltodextrin would be sufficient to add in as a reducing and capping dual use? As previously mentioned gelatin is a horror word for vegans / vegetarians

Offline Turbidaceous

• Participant
  • Living in the UK
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2020, 12:34:50 PM »
Malto won't cap, I believe capping and stabilizing are related but slightly different. Malto will reduce and stabilize to keep it good for long term storage to ensure it will be of use. I believe capping is to not only stabilize but also protect the silver nano particles from exposure to things which would mess with them. Someone can correct me if I am wrong. Cinnamon is supposed to cap but cannot protect against stomach acid, while gelatin can offer total protection to where it goes down farther and bypasses the stomach before getting digested.

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2020, 12:59:38 PM »
Malto won't cap, I believe capping and stabilizing are related but slightly different. Malto will reduce and stabilize to keep it good for long term storage to ensure it will be of use. I believe capping is to not only stabilize but also protect the silver nano particles from exposure to things which would mess with them. Someone can correct me if I am wrong. Cinnamon is supposed to cap but cannot protect against stomach acid, while gelatin can offer total protection to where it goes down farther and bypasses the stomach before getting digested.
They all act as capping agents, but of verying strength. Maltodextrin is stronger than Karo but both are fairly weak. Cinnamon is moderately good, but nowhere near as good as gelatin. Gelatin is the one if you want very good protection against stomach acid, but I have never failed to resolve a bad stomach with cinnamon-capped silver, so it's pretty effective.

RedDogJT

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2020, 12:36:28 AM »
So my head is swimming and my eyes are hurting and my brain is now filled, but I'm still confused about the option or logic behind using one method/material for both reducing AND capping?  Could have sworn I read that somewhere here