Author Topic: Zero Water Filter pre-filtering point now.  (Read 555 times)

Offline Turbidaceous

• Participant
  • Living in the UK
Zero Water Filter pre-filtering point now.
« on: April 04, 2020, 01:52:34 PM »
So, I tested 1ppm on a fresh batch of filtered water and am not satisfied :D So I got my order today of 4 filters. Now, these things come with a cap... Since I only have 1 jug I am filling up a HDPE 5L bottle with this 1ppm "pre-filter" water. Then I will install a fresh filter and my plan is to screw the cap back on this, now "pre-filter" and keep it for when I need to make more pre-filtered water so that I can run it through the good filter to extend the life of the good filter.

Would my pre-filter with the cap screwed back on it, be ok if I left it upside down  cap touching the surface, and it should still be fine if I need to install it again to top up my 5L bottle with more pre-filtered 1ppm+ water? I'd hate to have to buy 2 jugs, so I am more wanting to just pre-filter, swap filter and filter this stuff when I need more water, rather than keep running tap water through the fresh filter.

My main concern is, will the pre-filter being capped and left alone be ok to use weeks or months down the line?

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
Re: Zero Water Filter pre-filtering point now.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 04:07:40 PM »
Filters can deteriorate in storage, especially if wet. Try it; if the resulting water is unacceptably high on your TDS meter, then it's time to dump the filter. I wish we could buy them easily in the UK.

Offline Turbidaceous

• Participant
  • Living in the UK
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 04:29:12 PM »
I ordered mine directly from them https://zerowater.co.uk/collections/filters/products/zerowater-1-pack-replacement-filter?variant=48184661572

That is what I ordered, the 4 pack. Took about 2 days to show up.

RedDogJT

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 07:32:04 PM »
I been using this water purification system to get lab quality 0ppm clean pure water, it has been very efficient in generating my daily drinking water, will work for Colloidal Silver water too.  I've been testing the output constantly and it always reads 0ppm
https://www.aquatruwater.com/

Etheric Zone 1111

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 08:06:42 PM »
That’s good news! It’s always good to have a plan B.

Ed

Offline Turbidaceous

• Participant
  • Living in the UK
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2020, 10:39:19 PM »
I have not used distilled water in ages now. Zero Water filters are working fantastic for me. I alternate my older filter, filter a bunch of water and dump into a 5L bottle and then swap filter to my new filter and run that water through it so that the new filter is not taxed anywhere as much as it would be if I put tap water through it, so it should make 0ppm for quite a long time I hope, many many many litres before it creeps up to 1ppm. I am not interested in risking wasting silver and time for anything other than a 0 reading.