Author Topic: I don't get it... Would it be silver oxide?  (Read 429 times)

Offline Turbidaceous

• Participant
  • Living in the UK
I don't get it... Would it be silver oxide?
« on: April 10, 2020, 10:05:40 PM »
As you know I have a decent sized anode 3.5x9cm. I use a professional constant current power supply, I keep voltages well above 10v, I even reduced my current to 15.7 ish miliamps. I scrub the silver anode with a microfibre cloth and the difference is night and day. Really transparent (tea colour) and it looks great. I am reasonably sure I made new batches for my kilner jars (just recently I have been using HDPE bottles, so I cannot see through them but in the beaker while making I can certainly tell it's the best I have ever made).

But in my kilner jars, all 3 of them, (100ppm) when I shine a flashlight at the bottom and slowly turn the jar left and right, I can see what looks like little milky whisps floating around near the bottom. Is this acceptable given that I seem to have great clarity, not crazy levels of opalescence like I used to have? I just don't get it. It looks so clear at the time, yet I am seeing this whispy stuff near the bottom.

When I dilute my 100ppm down to 20ppm it looks perfect colour, not turbid at all, so I know I have the strength right and everything. I am just confused. Should I worry about the little whispy bits of white near the bottom?

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
Re: I don't get it... Would it be silver oxide?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 11:18:36 AM »
Don't worry about it, if the fluid looks very clear, it's fine. Filter it if you wish.