Author Topic: What is your process for making 320 ppm colloidal silver?  (Read 739 times)

bcboy

What is your process for making 320 ppm colloidal silver?
« on: April 12, 2020, 06:44:39 PM »
I would like to thank everyone who reply's to this thread in advance!! Thanks Again Everyone.

bcboy

Re: What is your process for making 320 ppm colloidal silver?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 07:44:24 PM »
I see the 'smoke' coming off the cathode (not the anode) when I do my runs. I figured it was gas being produced. When making 320 PPM the gelatin seems to make them (the gas bubbles) linger and get caught up in the vortex. The result is that for about the first half of my 320 PPM runs there is foam on top and swirling around in the vortex.
can you elaborate  more about 320ppm procedure, whats  the main difference in process between both while making 20ppm and 320ppm, many people are wondering including myself.

There are a couple differences between making 20 ppm and 320 ppm colloidal silver.

I make 20 ppm at room temperature while 320 ppm is done 'hot'. 100C is recommended but my little stirring hotplate struggles with that so I've settled on 80C.
Hot gives more time for reduction to occur because you're never near the solubility limit of the silver oxide.

For 20 ppm the reducer is added after electrolysis is complete. For 320 ppm the reducer is added before electrolysis is started.

If you are gel-capping the 20 ppm the gelatin is added after reduction is complete. With 320 ppm the gelatin is added first.

I just finished making a fresh liter/quart of 320 ppm colloidal silver. Here are the steps I took:

1. Measure 500 mls of distilled water and add it to my 2 liter beaker and set it on the stirring hotplate (heat on, stirrer off).
2. Measure 500 mls of distilled water and put in microwave set to 4 minutes on high.
3. Add the gelatin to the beaker, lightly sprinkling it in and letting it spread out. Don't make lumps. Let it sit and 'bloom' while the other water is heating. When the bloomed gelatin is sinking and to keep it from sticking to the bottom I turn the stirrer on low.
4. Get boiling water from the microwave, turn stir on high and dump it in. The gelatin will almost instantly dissolve.
5. While waiting for gelatin to finish dissolving I add the 1 ml of 1 M electrolyte and a couple big drops of light corn syrup straight out of the bottle. The corn syrup is the reducer added in excess for efficient reduction. After waiting a minute for it to dissolve I can start.
6. I get the electrodes roughly set up before starting up the SilverTron.
7. Start the SilverTron and set the anode at about half an inch depth (the one ounce silver bar).
8. The copper cathode is slowly lowered in. The lower it goes the higher the voltage climbs. I go with about 20 volts. If I go too low the amperage will start to drop. I'm running with 15 milliamps.
9. When the run is done (5.5 hours later) I immediately pull out the electrodes and turn off the heat but leave it stirring for half an hour.
10. After that I leave it to cool (with the electrode holder/lid on) before filtering, bottling and volume correcting.

There are variations on how this is done. Part of the reason for fire cleaning the anode every 20-60 minutes is that as the 'gunk' builds up the voltage goes down. Some of the 'gunk' also can fall off when my lead footed brother walks by. Might give a bit more Tyndall effect but I'm not so worried about that. If I'm not cleaning during the whole run I'm down about 5 volts by the end and is part of the reason I set it to 20 volts. I can keep adjusting the cathode to keep the voltage up as well. If you can do the frequent fire cleaning you should. I'm just not in a position to do that right now so I've modified to compensate somewhat.

YMMV

THE MAKING AND USE OF GELATINE AND CINNAMON TINCTURE

To make the gelatine solution:

Dissolve 1 gram of Knox unflavored gelatin in 1 cup of cold water.
Alllow to bloom for 5 minutes.
Heat until the gelatin dissolves (water looks clear again)
Allow to cool, and then bottle the gelatin liquid.
This is your gelatine stock solution.

Make the colloidal silver. While the colloidal silver is still hot, add 5 or 10 mls of the gelatin formula per 250ml of colloidal silver. Allow to cool.

To make cinnamon extract:

Buy the cheapest vodka from the supermarket and put 100 mls into a bottle with a tightly-fitting cap.

Obtain a coffee filter paper circle. In the middle of the filter paper, put 1 teaspoon of GOOD cinnamon powder, ideally Druera cinnamon direct from Ceylon. You can buy 1 lb online and it will arrive in less than a week. It will last you forever.

https://druera.com/ceylon-cinnamon-powder-grams-p-108.html?currency=GBP

Fold the filter paper into a "tea bag". Soak the "teabag" in 100ml vodka for 2 days. Remove and discard the "teabag". If you are very good at decanting liquids from powder residue, you can forget the coffee paper and just add the cinnamon directly to the vodka, let it steep for a couple of days and decant the tincture from the powder sludge which will settle at the bottom of the bottle. Then wash out the bottle and store the tincture back in the container.

The deep red liquid is the cinnamon tincture. Add 1 ml of tincture to each litre of distilled water in your reaction flask.

What is the maximum voltage you can use to make colloidal silver?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 10:03:23 PM by bcboy »

bcboy

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 09:27:40 PM »
I make 20 ppm at room temperature while 320 ppm is done 'hot'. 100C is recommended but my little stirring hotplate struggles with that so I've settled on 80C.
100C has never been recommended, you will lose too much water.

I recommended to heat until bubbles form on the bottom of the flask, but do not break the surface of the water.  This is hot enough.  No thermometer needed.

You normally don't need 50 volts.
The reason you need more volts than 10 going into your power module is so that the module has voltage available to control the current.  So if the cell resistance becomes high (like raising the cathode), the module can apply more voltage to maintain the desired current, and if the cell resistance is lower, the module can decrease the applied voltage to bring the current back to the desired level.  Current equals voltage divided by resistance.

BUT remember the 10 volts minimum is for an electrode spacing of 1.5 inches (37mm)
At 2 inches, you need 12 volts
At 3 inches, you need 16.5 volts
This is to provide the same electric field strength which propels ions from one electrode to the other.

Required volts = 4.33 X Spacing in inches plus 3.5

Higher ppm does not require higher volts.

Thank-you, It means a lot to me that you are the first to reply to my post. Thanks again!!!!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 09:35:59 PM by bcboy »

bcboy

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 10:43:51 PM »
This is a picture of my copper wire cathode. Is this normal? Should I use a large gauge wire?
Thanks again.

Offline Neofizz

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 06:22:44 AM »
100C has never been recommended, you will lose too much water.

I recommended to heat until bubbles form on the bottom of the flask, but do not break the surface of the water.  This is hot enough.  No thermometer needed.

Thanks for the correction.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."