Author Topic: Shelf life of gelatin capped colloidal silver & colloidal gold?  (Read 1475 times)

Etheric Zone 1111

Shelf life of gelatin capped colloidal silver & colloidal gold?
« on: November 15, 2018, 01:50:45 AM »
Hello Members ,

Would like to know the approximate shelf  life of gelatin capped colloidal silver & colloidal gold , so that I can Adjust the amount I make , and preventing spoilage.

Thanks Ed .

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
Re: Shelf life of gelatin capped colloidal silver & colloidal gold?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 08:57:33 AM »
Silver: unlimited as far as I know. Gold: needs to be kept in a refrigerator, as it does grow mould. Kephra has more experience in this.

Etheric Zone 1111

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 11:32:00 PM »
Mold due to the gelatin ?

Thanks Ed

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 11:02:41 AM »
Yes, but I don't think anyone knows exactly what the growth is.

It has been reported by a number of people with respect to Colloidal Gold, not Colloidal Silver as far as I have seen. I would personally make colloidal gold and consume it immediately. If you are lucky enough to live in a country to which gold chloride can be delivered, then I cannot see any reason to make colloidal gold in any other way than the"Kephra microwave method", yet another thing for which we should be grateful.

Etheric Zone 1111

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 02:04:09 AM »
Thank you I only make 250mls At a time and consume 1 TBS in the AM/PM .

FlyingDutchman

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 07:32:34 PM »
I have had problems with mold, using food grade gelatin with glucose reduced silver. Also, some agglomeration and whitish deposits, indicating instability. I haven't had any problems so far with lab grade starch and trisodium citrate, but my oldest samples are only 4 months old, stored in clear glass in daylight conditions.

Offline Art

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2018, 01:02:24 AM »
I use ,vodka or Everclear to dilute my Karo instead of diluting with water and I have never had this mix go bad.

Art

FlyingDutchman

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2018, 10:51:19 PM »
The attached article talks about factors that influence shelf life of citrate capped nano silver.  I am not sure inhowfar this relates to gelatin capped nano silver also, but there may be similar studies out there. Storage at higher ppm and dark conditions both make a lot of sense. Excess of glucose is an interesting one. Many people tend to talk about "infinite shelf life", but it makes sense that even the best capped nano silver will suffer some alterations over time, especially agglomeration, if there is some source of energy around (let's not forget radiation). 
One of the authors is Rob MacCuspie, Director of Science at Sovereign Silver.