Author Topic: Using my new elite.  (Read 2112 times)

fieroman

Using my new elite.
« on: August 30, 2016, 11:17:34 PM »
All I can say is WOW! Got my new Elite, read & followed the instructions and produced some really good quality colloidal silver. Kephra, can I use the flask that I got with my silver lungs? Yeh I got stung by the carnival barker. The electrodes are not 1.5 inches apart and the electrodes are larger. If I can please give your recommendations on setup. Thanks for your response and thanks for such a wonderful product.

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: Using my new elite.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 12:12:31 AM »
Yes, you should be able to use your flask.  I would use the smaller wire though as a cathode.  Get the electodes as far apart as you can.  If you cant get the voltage up to 10, raise your electrodes higher.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 12:17:47 AM by kephra »
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

fieroman

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 01:13:52 AM »
Thanks. Now if I can get the time to experiment more.

Offline WayneInPHX

• Expert
  • Participant
  • Witty saying goes here... Ok--> "42"
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 06:16:45 AM »
Yes, you should be able to use your flask.  I would use the smaller wire though as a cathode.  Get the electodes as far apart as you can.  If you cant get the voltage up to 10, raise your electrodes higher.

Like you,I use a Erlenmeyer flask also.  I  use  the bullion bar and Kep's #12 wire as the cathode - NO PROBLEM.   MY spacing is very close to 1.25"  The cathode typically will be a half inch of so in the solution in order to get 10 volts across the cell.  When you start the process, just adjust your cathode to get 10v on the readout.  I just produced 40ppm and 320 using this exact method.

A smaller wire will allow more of the cathode to be in solution.  Some folks use copper wire for the CATHODE.  I have made copper cathodes of various sizes but have not tried it myself yet.

I USE A HOTPLATE/STIRRER to keep the solution in motion.  My results have been reproducible and GREAT!
Most of us don’t listen with the intent to understand.  We listen with the intent to reply.  -  From a TED Talk

"I've decided I'm not old. I'm 25 plus shipping & handling!"