Author Topic: Concern about making of colloidal silver  (Read 2530 times)

carlodelmo

Concern about making of colloidal silver
« on: May 21, 2019, 01:48:59 PM »
I have few questions. I already read the numbered articles.

which is better ionic colloidal silver or reduced colloidal silver? why? is it good to use on pets too?

I'll be using a DC power supply which can use a constant voltage and current, see the picture attached to this message. for this matter if you ever used this equipment what setting for voltage and current should i use to have high quality colloidal silver. I'll be making a 20 ppm colloidal silver solution.

you dont need to elaborate for the explanation just pin points will be fine.

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: Concern about making of colloidal silver
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 02:17:32 PM »
All is explained in the Articles section.  Keep reading.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline emanwols

• Participant
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 04:03:28 PM »
I have few questions. I already read the numbered articles.

which is better ionic colloidal silver or reduced colloidal silver? why? is it good to use on pets too?

I'll be using a DC power supply which can use a constant voltage and current, see the picture attached to this message. for this matter if you ever used this equipment what setting for voltage and current should i use to have high quality colloidal silver. I'll be making a 20 ppm colloidal silver solution.

you dont need to elaborate for the explanation just pin points will be fine.
this might help---https://www.cgcsforum.org/index.php?topic=3902.msg33143#msg33143
also do you have a heated magnetic stirrer, how tall is your production vessel,what size electrodes do you have?
In addition to reading the articles i think using the search function will be very helpful to seek out old posts that will definately help you

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 08:52:43 AM »
Always use colloidal silver and not ionic solutions. your constant current generator is fine. use 20 make or less, set constant current. use as big an anode as you can with a piece of copper wire as the cathode.

tony14

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 01:25:47 PM »

Your PSU really needs 3 decimal digits or get a meter. [.01A could be anywhere between 10mA & 19mA depending on spec.]

tony

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2019, 11:25:27 AM »
Your PSU really needs 3 decimal digits or get a meter. [.01A could be anywhere between 10mA & 19mA depending on spec.]
Yes, this is true. I have one of these generators and you have to use a separate ammeter to determine the amperage.