Author Topic: questions about electrolyte  (Read 2280 times)

rogwhat53

questions about electrolyte
« on: March 28, 2020, 12:06:08 AM »
I understand from reading here that 1Mol of Na2CO3 per Liter, and then one milliliter of this strength (say, 20drops) is the ideal amount of electrolyte to add to one Liter of DW to begin electrolysis of a batch of colloidal silver.

My question is, How was that strength determined? Is it based on the further claim that this gives a pH of 8.5 which is also claimed optimal?

If so, how is that determined?

I am not questioning the verity of these statements at all, just wondering how they were arrived at. Is it experiential or based on calculations?

Thank you in advance,
rogwhat53

Offline dimoune

• Expert
  • Participant
Re: questions about electrolyte
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 03:32:15 AM »
Hi,

I'm using 20 ppm Colloidal Silver in a nebulizer but it is giving me a severe burning sensation in my throat and esophagus. I cut down the electrolyte to half, and still have this burning sensation. I tested my Colloidal Silver to see if my electrolyte might be too high, but it is reading under 90.

What is your thoughts about that please?

Thank you.

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 03:45:28 AM »
You tested your Colloidal Silver with what?  90 what?

If you're talking about a TDS meter, the ONLY thing they're useful for is to test the purity of your distilled water.

The best way would be to test the PH. It should be up around 8-8.5PH with the correct amount of electrolyte in solution.  The other thing is that if you have too much, you'd find yourself having great difficulty in maintaining a cell voltage up over 10V if even you could ever get there.

I make 20PPM all the time for ultrasonic humidifier use and others use it too and none of us have ever gotten any burning.

If you're really using a real nebulizer, its worthless. These things put out micrograms over time and I bet even after a treatment you could probably count the number of silver particles you got into your lungs on your hands and toes.

You NEED to use an ultrasonic humidifier. You won't get enough volume to get any substantial amount of silver into your lungs if you don't.

Offline dimoune

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 10:14:56 AM »
With distilled water the TDS is 0 ppm of course. After adding the electrolyte, what should be the typical ppm level of the water? I saw someone mentioned something around 120 ppm in another thread. I make sure mine is just about 90 ppm or less to avoid the burning sensation but it still burns.

Now I'm not sure what causing this. My thoughts is the sodium carbonate, but I'm not using a lot at all.

BTW, I have an ultrasonic humidifier and a fogger, but I find the nebulizer works well for me and is more convenient.

Thanks.

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 06:20:43 PM »
I have no clue whether or not the TDS meter can accurately read the level of sodium carbonate. TDS meters are calibrated for NORMAL solids in tap water. Sodium carbonate is not one of them.  They also don't read solids.  They're AC resistance meters. They measure the resistance of the water and GUESS at what the solids loading is based on the normal solids found in tap water HOWEVER, this is even VERY inaccurate because each different compound has a different particle size so there is really no way for them to guess correctly.  As far as I'm concerned, the ONLY thing a TDS meter is good for is to check the DW to make sure its pure enough.  I wouldn't trust a reading for any other purpose.

Adding even a tiny amount of sodium carbonate reduces the resistance by a LOT and I'd just bet this thing won't be reading accurately.  The only thing I'd trust would be a PH meter but not after you've started a run because I'm sure the silver in solution will screw up the result.

That nebulizer is worthless.  Save your money and time of making Colloidal Silver to use with it and just fill it with distilled water.  You'll do just about as well either way. The amount of silver you need to get into your lungs is many orders of magnitude greater than what that thing can put out.  An ultrasonic humidifier is about right and then some breathe enough in to where its actually leaking out of their noses before turning it off. You'd need to use it 2-3 times a day for maybe 10 minutes each.

Just think about how much liquid an ultrasonic humidifier puts out in 10 minutes.  Contrast that to a 10 minute run with your nebulizer and I think you'll get the point.

If you think the nebulizer is helping, its a placebo effect because you're not getting anything close to the amount of Colloidal Silver you need to into your sinuses and lungs.

Offline dimoune

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2020, 06:36:00 PM »

If you think the nebulizer is helping, its a placebo effect because you're not getting anything close to the amount of colloidal silver you need to into your sinuses and lungs.

How much ml of 20 ppm would you recommend to enter the lung?

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2020, 09:23:30 PM »
If you are using a nebuliser, fill it. Then fill it again. The amount in a nubuliser is tiny.

rogwhat53

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2020, 12:11:16 AM »
wgpeters,

Thank you so much for your reply. It makes sense to me that the choice of 8.5 was a practical compromise between opposing trends of silver plate-out and maintaining a suitable cell voltage. I can see that this would be so from my own very recent experiments in this direction.

I also understand from this that the electrolyte's ability to prevent plate-out is, although significant, limited and not absolute. Conversely, the same can be said of the "scavenging action" of the elevated cell voltage...... These two implications actually answer some questions I was reserving to ask!

Thanks.

rogwhat53

Bluelight

Re: questions about navigating website
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2020, 12:19:58 AM »
Hi everyone, I just want to say hello and thanks for all your work on these precious health supports at this time. I have family + friends that are vulnerable + scared + I would like to be able to have a community based colloidal silver supply. I have trained as a nurse, but have gone on to qualify as an Osteopath, which I work at. Im not great at technology  :) - dont know how I got to write a message here, but Id like to be part of this group. Thank you from the heart.

indocomp

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2021, 05:42:21 AM »
One ml  of 1 Molar sodium carbonate per liter/quart is a very good amount to use, as it is sufficient to prevent plateout, sufficient to activate sugar based reducing agents, and provides plenty of conductivity.  Note that different size dropper tips will dispense more or less liquid, so you can calibrate your dropper by counting the number of drops required to fill a teaspoon with your electrolyte and divide that by 5.

from above statement can i change the methode of adding electrolyte using tds meter to get conductivity reading at 200-22 us since a different batch of sodium carbonate might have different concentration?

Thanks

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2021, 12:56:15 PM »
from above statement can i change the methode of adding electrolyte using tds meter to get conductivity reading at 200-22 us since a different batch of sodium carbonate might have different concentration?

You are making the procedure more complicated than it has to be.  Just make your electrolyte correctly and add 1 ml per liter.  No need for metering. 
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.