Production Techniques and Chemistry > Colloidal Silver Production

Stainless steel can contaminate the solution?

(1/4) > >>

leogomide07:
Greetings everyone!

Im planning to automate the production of the colloidal silver, so i want to use stainless steel equipment (used in home-made beer production) to achieve this.

But i have some questions about it:

1 - Can the stainless steel react with the solution in some way? Contaminating it and messing with the reaction phase?

2 - What about food-grade plastic equipment (level sensors and stirring rod)? They can contaminate it too?

Im designing the setup, and if there is no problem in using stainless steel, i will use the diagram in attachment.

kephra:
If you use a stainless container, it will become a 3 electrode system, and can add the elements in stainless steel to your Colloidal Silver.  Thats not a good idea.

leogomide07:
Ok, i imagined thet will be some problems with metal containers too.

So, discarding that possibility, comes some other questions:

1 - What about food-grade plastic (HDPE)? if i use the stirring rod made from it, it can contaminates the solution too?
2 - Or a silicon hose imerse in the solution while the reaction goes, will be contamination too?
3 - The final solution (after reduction), there is some problem to use the pump to move it?
4 - Can the stainless steel react with the final solution?
5 - Can i store the final product in PET vessels, or need to be glass vessels?

Adapted setup to use glass in attchment.

kephra:

--- Quote from: leogomide07 on April 09, 2021, 02:50:55 PM ---Ok, i imagined thet will be some problems with metal containers too.

So, discarding that possibility, comes some other questions:

1 - What about food-grade plastic (HDPE)? if i use the stirring rod made from it, it can contaminates the solution too?
2 - Or a silicon hose imerse in the solution while the reaction goes, will be contamination too?
3 - The final solution (after reduction), there is some problem to use the pump to move it?
4 - Can the stainless steel react with the final solution?
5 - Can i store the final product in PET vessels, or need to be glass vessels?

Adapted setup to use glass in attchment.

--- End quote ---
If its safe for food, and non metallic, its safe to use for processing.
Once made (Current turned off) and reduced,  stainless is ok, but not necessary, so why use it?  If its safe for food, its safe to store Colloidal Silver in it.

leogomide07:
Awesome! Big thanks for your attention master!

I have found some low cost and effective components to build this automation, once completed i will post the full process here.

;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version