Author Topic: Extreme stirring  (Read 5086 times)

gandolf

Re: Extreme stirring
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2017, 11:23:41 PM »
This morning, I (Kephra) tested a batch of colloidal silver using 250ml beaker, 250ml distilled water, 15...

Fascinating!

At these stirring speeds, where the water is just a tornado of air and water swirling, I wonder if my altitude here has anything to do with it*.  I am at 5015 feet at the house here where the air pressure is 83.16% of you sea front folks.  I don't think I can reproduce bill's experiment here since 250ml of water in a 250ml beaker at 1500 RPM with a 2 inch stirring rod would be all over the walls and ceiling  :D

I can get to 12,183 feet here just by driving the Mustang up there.  Or better, in my brother's Prius since he has that free old age park pass (we have different political views  ;D ).  It might be fun to try these things way up there at the top of Rocky Mountain National Park.  I can run anything off batteries or 12V...  I'll have to look up the air pressure at 12,183 feet but I think it is about 65%**.

If anyone has any thoughts about high-altitude colloidal silver making experiments let me know.  My brother is too old and fat to hike in the mountains anymore carrying loads of guns and ammo, but he can drive that Toyota electric golf cart car like a Stradivarius in the mountains......  It does not need air to run.

*I have scopes and laser RPM meters so I know the speeds really are correct.

BTW - Kephra is correct that normal humans doing normal things  (and perhaps limited also to normal locations) should not be able to mess up their colloidal silver batch from over stirring.  But for all you other folks.......   ;D

« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 11:44:02 PM by gandolf »

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2017, 11:29:09 PM »
I don't think I can reproduce bill's experiment here since 250ml of water in a 250ml beaker at 1500 RPM with a 2 inch stirring rod would be all over the walls and ceiling
It was a 400ml beaker filled to 250.  My walls are dry :)
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

gandolf

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2017, 11:59:16 PM »
It was a 400ml beaker filled to 250.  My walls are dry :)

Cool!

I tried 250ml in my 1000ml beaker at 1500 RPM with he big stirrer...

I wish I could photograph things better............ :P

My lack of being able to take good photos of things is getting to be  PITA......