Author Topic: Gold under attack  (Read 1644 times)

Offline cosanostra

• Participant
Gold under attack
« on: March 05, 2019, 02:54:26 PM »
How to avoid growth of microorganism in colloidal gold except refrigeration(doesn't help)? Adding a little bit of silver is it good?
“It is my view that the vegetarian manner of living, by its purely physical effect on the human temperament, would most beneficially influence the lot of mankind.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline cosanostra

• Participant
Re: Gold under attack
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 03:35:53 PM »
Sorry, I found the answer
https://www.cgcsforum.org/index.php?topic=2860
Please delete this post, if there is no other suggestions
“It is my view that the vegetarian manner of living, by its purely physical effect on the human temperament, would most beneficially influence the lot of mankind.”
― Albert Einstein

Shadsu

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 04:10:35 AM »
Can I ask you how you understood you was under attack?
Have you seen something in water?

Offline cosanostra

• Participant
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 08:58:11 AM »
Can I ask you how you understood you was under attack?
Have you seen something in water?
If something grow, you definitely will see it. The gold as itself is OK, but solution not. If the gold grow, then the color will change.
― Albert Einstein

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 09:12:30 AM »
The colour may change, but the normal sign of something growing in the solution is the mould itself.

Shadsu

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 10:36:41 AM »
Thanks to both

10yrs4500

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2019, 09:22:10 AM »
i found it that the gold coalesced, upon swirling the solution again became colloidal, filtered it through cotton, i suppose you may stuff it in oven at 100*C with lid loosely on and let it cool back down again, in labs they have "autoclaves" which are basically large disinfection ovens for handling biological matter
nanosilver should work, but ive found some of my nanosilver solutions went bad, noticable bacterial odor