Author Topic: Colloidal Gold  (Read 6593 times)

mctxp

Colloidal Gold
« on: September 01, 2012, 10:30:19 PM »
Hi all,
I found this site where the person is sharing very cheap way to make Colloidal gold. They are using gold jewelery to make it. Please check this site and share your views.
http://missionignition.net/bms/Aurum_Gold_02.php

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: Colloidal Gold
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 12:02:56 AM »
My opinion is:
The shown product is purple, meaning large particle sizes.
The ppm is not very high.
Three, its mostly bullshit.
How to make colloidal metals the proper way using high voltage alternating current (HVAC) instead of the cheap nasty way of making colloidal minerals using low voltage direct current (LVDC). Besides you need high voltages to make colloidal gold as LVDC won't do it.
Obviously, I have shown and the members here make quite good colloidal gold using LVDC. 
Again, not very informative or true.

It is possible to make quite good colloidal gold using HVAC methods, but they have not demonstrated it by their photos, and it is quite lethal if you make any misteps. 

Also, gold jewelry is not pure gold, so anything made with jewelry will have a lot of contaminants and may have things in it which should not be consumed.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

mctxp

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 12:48:36 AM »
Thanks Dear. How about this process given on this site. Looks easy and cheap. What is your view about it. Is it safe to drink or apply.
http://www.saltlakemetals.com/Make_Colloidal_Gold.pdf

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 01:20:44 AM »
Thanks Dear. How about this process given on this site. Looks easy and cheap. What is your view about it. Is it safe to drink or apply.
http://www.saltlakemetals.com/Make_Colloidal_Gold.pdf
Yes, that works.  He got the process from me :)  The chemist there used to be a member on this forum.  The last time I bought gold-chloride from him he even sent me some free sodium citrate.

The method was invented by a chemist by the name of Turkevich over 50 years ago. 
My version is here: http://www.cgcsforum.org/index.php/topic,266.0.html

I prefer the maltodextrin/sodium carbonate method though because it seems more stable over time.  Its just as easy.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

kscmac

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 03:02:21 AM »
That site is a disinformation and how to hurt yourself so you can go crying wolf to everybody about colloidal gold. "They" will goto almost any length to get people to turn from colloidal silver & colloidal gold to the crap they are peddling! Having a bunch of people get hurt using their method just to get it banned or show how dangerous it is.

mctxp

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 03:21:29 AM »
Hi Kscmac,
Which site you are talking about? Please say it again.
Thanks

kscmac

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 04:02:34 AM »

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 09:34:24 AM »
I am not impressed by anyone who classifies gold as a "heavy metal". Gold may be literally a heavy metal, but not in the medical sense. Silver is neither, it's actually quite a disappointingly light-weight metal, which makes it easier to fake in large bars.

Neither of these elements are in the "heavy metal" classification of cadmium, mercury, lead, etc. The concept of "heavy metals" is scientifically very unsound. There are really only metals which are hazardous to health in quantities higher than trace levels. This classification also leaves out homoeopathy, which can make a toxic substance into a healing agent in the sub-trace quantities used.

I think Kephra has said a number of times, the difference between a medicine and a poison is the dose. One might also add, "and the malevolent intent of the writer" if one wishes to include the medical authorities' disinformation.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 11:50:21 AM »
Right you are, and the chemical definition of silver and gold is 'transition metal', not 'heavy metal'.  Transition elements are those having an incomplete 'D' electron subshell and has nothing to do with toxicity, or weight.  Some transition metals are toxic, some are not.

Offline lordkarma

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 07:52:21 PM »
Could you substitute carbo gain in lew of corn syrup in the 1-1-1 formula, if so how much dry weight of it would you need for 1000 ml?

LK

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 08:04:01 PM »
There is no corn syrup in my 1-1-1 formula:

100 mg salt
100 mg citrate
1 ml cinnamon extract
250 ml hot distilled water
350 ma for 20 minutes  ( Used a 50 volt supply for this run )

You must be thinking of something else.

Offline lordkarma

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 08:12:13 PM »
Hummm ...

I guess I started with the 1-1-1 but had build up on the (neg) cathode and you suggested using cinnamon extract.  So perhaps I bastardized one of your formulas but here is what I have been using:

1000 ml distilled water
250 mg sodium citrate
167 mg sale
drop of karo
4-5 ml cinnamon extract

my run time is 150 mins @ 46 volts which prob is 480 ma

produces a nice dark red

What do you think?

regulator carbo gain be substituted in that formula and do you see any problems with what I am doing?

LK

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2012, 08:40:58 PM »
Hummm ...

I guess I started with the 1-1-1 but had build up on the (neg) cathode and you suggested using cinnamon extract.  So perhaps I bastardized one of your formulas but here is what I have been using:

1000 ml distilled water
250 mg sodium citrate
167 mg sale
drop of karo
4-5 ml cinnamon extract

my run time is 150 mins @ 46 volts which prob is 480 ma

produces a nice dark red

What do you think?

regulator carbo gain be substituted in that formula and do you see any problems with what I am doing?

LK
Nope, there is nothing harmful there, and if works better, thats great.  The salt content determines the maximim ppm you can get for your gold.  Once the salt is used up, you are just electrolyzing the the cinnamon, citrate, and sugars.  There would be no harm in substituting maltodextrin for the karo syrup. 

The basic substitution would be malto = 18 times the weight of the dry weight of the glucose/fructose in the karo syrup.  But we do not know how much glucose/fructose is in one drop of Karo. 

So we have to be sneaky and approach the problem through the back door.

We know that sugars have about 4 calories of energy per gram.
We know from the label that 1 tablespoon of Karo has 65 calories.
So we can conclude that a tablespoon of Karo has 16 grams of sugars roughly.
Since a tbsp is 15ml, then a ml of Karo is slightly more than 1 gram of sugar.
Since a drop of Karo is roughly slightly more than 1/15th of a ml, then 1 drop must be about 70 mg.
Converting to malto based on a conversion of 18 then gives 1.26 grams of Malto = 1 drop Karo (+/- of course)

The 18 to 1 conversion is based on the fact that maltodextrin is a chain of up to 18 glucose molecules, and only the last molecule in the chain has any reducing power.

Offline lordkarma

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2012, 08:54:15 PM »
Nope, there is nothing harmful there, and if works better, thats great.  The salt content determines the maximim ppm you can get for your gold.  Once the salt is used up, you are just electrolyzing the the cinnamon, citrate, and sugars.  There would be no harm in substituting maltodextrin for the karo syrup. 

Do you feel my sodium citrate and salt amounts are a little light then for the 1000 ml & thats why you pointed out that salt determines ability to realize max ppm or was that just for my edification in general? 

Thanks,
LK

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2012, 09:13:01 PM »
That was just a general statement.  When I write a post or a reply, I try to consider that it is public and other people read it besides the one I am replying to.  If you get a stable red colloidal gold, then your other ingredients are OK.  Their purpose is to convert the gold chloride to gold metal, and act as stabilizers.  Citrate is an ionic stabilizer, it keeps the particles apart by electrostatic repulstion.  Maltodextrin is a steric stabilizer, and keeps the particles apart by providing a physical barrier.  Cinnamon extracts seems to be steric but I'm not really sure except that it works well.

Ionic stabilizers are pH sensitive, and rely on Zeta potential.
Steric stabilizers are not pH sensitive or not nearly as much so as Ionic.