Author Topic: Just started my first batch with my SilverTron Jurnior I have Questions  (Read 2501 times)

RhondaLynn

Hello, I just started my first batch (1 quart) with my SilverTron Junior.  I am using a silver bullion (bought from silverTron).  I followed instructions and it is processing now on low setting.  To get the meter to be between 10-20 there is barely any of the negative (black wire) silver rod in the water, the bullion is facing it.  1)  Is it ok for there to be barely any of the negative rod in the water???  2)   Next question, can I pour the solution I am making into a stainless steel pan to warm it, I don't want to microwave it???  3) I purchased the scales but what are they for?? I cannot read anything that I would use them for, am I missing something?
4) what is the syringe for?   THANKS for all the help, I need it!!!
Rhonda

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
Re: Just started my first batch with my SilverTron Jurnior I have Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 05:39:24 PM »
Hello, I just started my first batch (1 quart) with my SilverTron Junior.  I am using a silver bullion (bought from silverTron).  I followed instructions and it is processing now on low setting.  To get the meter to be between 10-20 there is barely any of the negative (black wire) silver rod in the water, the bullion is facing it.  1)  Is it ok for there to be barely any of the negative rod in the water???
Yes,  its ok to have the negative electrode just touching the water, but it may be because you have your electrolyte too strong.
2)   Next question, can I pour the solution I am making into a stainless steel pan to warm it, I don't want to microwave it???
Yes, you can but why wouldn't you want to microwave it?  The only thing a microwave oven does to water is heat it, and that is what you want.
3) I purchased the scales but what are they for?? I cannot read anything that I would use them for, am I missing something?
They are for making your electrolyte more accurately.  Use 12.4 grams of Arm and Hammer washing soda in enough water to make 100ml of solution or if using baked baking soda use 10.6 grams for 100ml.
4) what is the syringe for?   THANKS for all the help, I need it!!!
It is a more accurate way to measure your electrolyte solution than counting drops.  Use 1ml for 1 liter or .95 for 1 quart. 
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

RhondaLynn

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 05:59:39 PM »
THANK YOU SO MUCH for the quick response.  my electrolyte probably is too strong, will that be a problem with the Colloidal Silver?  The reason I don't want to use the microwave is the jar I am making it in is a old (clean) mayo glass jar and I didn't want it to crack as it gets hot. I will clean and use a true canning jar next time.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 06:08:37 PM »
I see about the jar.  If you colloidal silver turns out clear and yellow, its very good to use.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 06:10:52 PM »
If you have never used an electronic scale before:
Do not put the electrolyte powder directly on the scale surface.  Use a bottle cap or even a piece of paper to weigh it on.
After you put the paper or other light container on the scale turn it on and it should read zero.  If not, press the 'Tare' button.

RhondaLynn

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 06:53:46 PM »
Kephra, thanks for your help.. I made my first batch.. pale, pale yellow in color at the end of my time.. I heated it up and it turned more yellow a beautiful yellow.  I have a question that was not addressed in any of the literature but saw something on this site that made me question.. where do I store my Colloidal Silver?  I dont get sick often so probably won't use it often, does it need to stay in the fridge  and how long?

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2016, 07:01:39 PM »
No special storage is required.  Just seal the bottle.  Colloidal silver is not light sensitive, but ionic silver is.  I will keep a long time.

Offline Bobby

• Expert
  • Participant
  • "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" Lincoln
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2016, 09:16:35 AM »
RhondaLynn,

Great job on your 1st go round as a newbee.  That backup we get from Kephra is as valuable as the SilverTron itself.  What a combination!  Adjust and repeat till your comfortable with your methods.  Make a couple gallons for backup, then try your hand at 320ppm.  Good luck & good cooking.

Bobby
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power"  Abraham Lincoln

RhondaLynn

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2016, 04:29:25 PM »
After I made my batch of colloidal silver, I tried to clean my silver bullion bar,  it was extremely HARD to clean and in fact got some cleaner but not really CLEAN... how important is that and how do you all clean??  I used a brand new plastic scrubber to clean and it just did not do a good job.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2016, 04:36:51 PM »
Most of us fire clean our anodes by heating them up in the flame of a propane torch or gas range.  However, it doesn't matter if the anode is blackened, as long as there is no loose material on it.   Fire cleaning converts the silver oxide back into silver metal, which saves the silver, but is not necessary.