Author Topic: Requesting help.  (Read 48269 times)

Rettan

Re: Requesting help.
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2017, 01:23:06 PM »
Thank you for your replies!

The reason I am asking is because I have neuroborreliosis, and the antibiotics prescribed does keep down the infection while Im on the medication, but as soon as I stop it comes back. And the antibiotics gives severe side-effects, especially to my kidneys. So I do not want to use them.

This brings me to my next question, does anyone know of any science or personal experience that can tell wether the colloidal silver passes across the blood-brain barrier? Also, since my learnings about high ppm colloidal silver from you guys, Im thinking instead of using something around 4 liters of 10 ppm colloidal silver per day. If we talk just about the amount of colloidal silver (and not the amount of distilled water), is it safe?

My sincere thanks

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2017, 01:31:36 PM »
Silver Nanoparticles (and gold) definitely affect the blood brain barrier.
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/51438890_Influence_of_Nanoparticles_on_Blood-Brain_Barrier_Permeability_and_Brain_Edema_Formation_in_Rats
Note the huge doses given to the test animals, 30 mg per kg of body weight.  This is a huge dose, so it is understandable that it could cause brain swelling.

Silver nanoparticles have been shown to greatly increase the effectiveness of conventional antibiotics.

4 liters of 10 ppm colloidal silver properly made would supply 40 mg of silver nanoparticles.  Most of us find that half that much is all that is needed.

Why do you make 10 ppm, instead of 20?
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Rettan

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2017, 01:40:17 PM »
I could make 20 ppm and then dilute it to 10 ppm yes.

The reason is this paper here:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28994738

I want the concentration to be as low as possible in the kidneys, and since I need less than 10 ppm to kill bacteria, I could just drink more of a lesser concentration. Thanks for the article, I will look it through!

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2017, 02:09:12 PM »
You misunderstand the difference between milligrams and ppm.
PPM is not relevant.  What is relevant is how many milligrams of silver you ingest.
4 liters of 10 ppm contains the exact same milligrams of silver as 2 liters of 20 ppm.  The only difference is in the amount of water.
Its milligrams of silver that does the job, not ppm. 
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Rettan

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2017, 08:41:13 PM »
I know, I meant that i could make 2 liters of 20 ppm (which is 20 mg/liter since 1 liter of water weighs 1000000 mg hence 20 parts per million is 20 mg per 1000000 mg of water) and then dilute it to 4 liters of 10 ppm (which is 10 mg/liter), instead of having a container with 4 liters and make 10 ppm from the start, makes it easier since I dont have a 4 liter container. As i said, the reason I want lower concentration is because I want to minimize the risk for eventual renal problems (there probably is no risk but its just my personal preference to do it this way).

Sorry I dont want to come across as a smartass, but I dont want to come across as a fool either :)

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2017, 08:43:55 PM »
As i said, the reason I want lower concentration is because I want to minimize the risk for eventual renal problems.
You don't have to dilute it to 10 ppm.  Just take half as much of 20 ppm and you will be getting the exact same amount of silver.

Rettan

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2017, 08:44:23 PM »
The article you linked said that the nanoparticles cross the BBB, that is great news. Thanks alot Kephra!

Rettan

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2017, 08:50:04 PM »
Yes I know. But I want lower concentration in the kidneys, therefore I will try 4 liters per day. Depending on how much of a nuisance it will be I might do 2 liters of 20 ppm instead.

onandoff

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2017, 03:38:31 AM »
how much washing soda do you start with  when making 320ppm  I know its 1 table spoon into 3 oz of dw  how many drops do you add to start. I am more on vegan side so no gel in my mix

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2017, 11:23:39 AM »
No matter what you are making, the amount of electrolyte is always the same..... 1ml per liter of water.  This is about 20 drops per liter.

Offline Dean

• Expert
  • Participant
    • Social SilverTron Facebook Portal
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2017, 01:09:52 PM »
how much washing soda do you start with  when making 320ppm  I know its 1 table spoon into 3 oz of dw  how many drops do you add to start. I am more on vegan side so no gel in my mix

Onandoff,

This is one area that messed me up at the start. Accuracy in mixing your electrolyte I found to be quite important. If you can, get hold of a precision scale. They are very inexpensive but allow you to measure with greater accuracy than a volume base.

Do you heap, don’t you heap? It all adds to inconsistency.
If you can lock down some things it’s fairly easy to troubleshoot any problems.

The reason Kephra mentions “about” 20 drops comes down to your dropper or syringe.
If it has a smaller or larger hole it may be 20 drops, it may be 18, it may be 25 but it should always be 1ml per litre. When you get to adding it to your water cell.

As long as you’ve accurately made your solution, and you accurately add 1ml to 1 litre then you’re good to go.
Remember it’s 10.6 grams of anhydrous sodium carbonate made UP to 100ml.
This gives you your 1 molar concentration.

onandoff

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2017, 04:20:18 AM »
Since karo is not vegan I am left to Cinnamon organic   5ml  in vodka  is it a capping agent . What alternative to gelatin .  As a capping agent is there. Any help would be great. Thank you Happy New year.

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2017, 07:15:18 AM »
How is Karo not vegan? Am I missing something here?

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2017, 12:24:39 PM »
How is Karo not vegan? Am I missing something here?
Corn syrup is made from starch, and there are no animal based ingredients in it.  Its as vegan as broccoli :)

Offline emanwols

• Participant
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2017, 12:26:44 PM »
Since karo is not vegan I am left to Cinnamon organic   5ml  in vodka  is it a capping agent . What alternative to gelatin .  As a capping agent is there. Any help would be great. Thank you Happy New year.
I remember reading a post by Kephra or another member that stated the only reliable Gelatin is animal based and that vegetarians or vegans are out of luck when it comes to producing stable 320ppm silver. I have never used vegetarian gelatin but i believe the general consensus is it is not effective for a stable product. It is possible that vegetarian gelatin is good for lower ppm silver--- may be 20-40ppm i am not sure.
Happy new year