Author Topic: Complete supplies list and breakdown for a newbie  (Read 1775 times)

Offline Eugene

• Participant
Complete supplies list and breakdown for a newbie
« on: January 12, 2021, 05:06:29 AM »
There's a breadth of information here but it's a bit disorganized and quite challenging to piece it all together from a beginner's perspective.
I'm interested in trying Kephra's 660 ppm gold recipe, can someone supply me with a no brainer list of all relevant supplies (or how to make anything that can't be bought) and chemicals for the formula (or simialr high ppm formulas) with price estimates?
Thank you.

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
Re: Complete supplies list and breakdown for a newbie
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 01:06:53 PM »
Check the Colloidal Gold forum details for places to purchase Gold and Gold Chloride. The instructions are all in there.

Offline Eugene

• Participant
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 12:25:01 AM »
I know where to get gold chloride and I know I need a power supply and a heating element but I don't know where to get gold electrodes or anything else like beakers and stirring rods or anything that may be necessary. Is this not the gold forum?

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 05:31:12 AM »
If you have gold chloride you only need a few other things, NO gold electrodes, NO heat (unless you want the colloidal gold to reduce a little quicker).

You just mix it up and let it sit and if you want to warm it to speed the reduction process a bit, you can do so in the microwave.

It couldn't be simpler.

Offline Eugene

• Participant
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 09:46:32 PM »
Really? Huh. I'm getting my power supply soon. I know I need some proper glass but I figured I needed electrodes since I saw people asking about where to get them

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2021, 05:39:59 AM »
Some people make their own using the electrolysis process.  What they're actually making is gold chloride solution thats then reduced to colloidal gold.  You can forego that whole mess by simply using a gold chloride solution and following the procedure.

The type of gold chloride you use matters. The salt lake minerals gold chloride is 1% GOLD.  Normal gold chloride isn't and to make it you'd need more than 1% to make a gold chlorides solution with 1% gold.  That was discussed elsewhere on the forum a while ago.

One thing though. colloidal gold doesn't keep well.  Thats why the formulas/procedures are to make 250ml.  Endeavor to use it up in a week or two and do keep it in the fridge.

For making colloidal silver, there is no shortcut (well, there is but its not something we here choose to do - making it with silver nitrate which requires a high accuracy balance and then silver nitrate is nasty, caustic stuff).  We all use the electrolysis method of production which is what is showcased here on the forum. Nice, safe, simple, inexpensive and it produces very high quality Colloidal Silver.

Offline Eugene

• Participant
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2021, 02:23:03 AM »
Thanks Gene. I didn't know colloidal gold didn't keep well, I was getting some from a retailer who concentrates theirs at a ppm of 200 and it seemed like it would last well but sometimes there were flakes in the bottle.
I was planning on using Kephra's 660 ppm recipe. If I have to make it in 250 ml batches at lower ppm I'll have to get a lot of jugs I guess.