Author Topic: True colloidal silver made by electrolysis is bad?  (Read 2498 times)

Offline edwire

• Expert
  • Participant
True colloidal silver made by electrolysis is bad?
« on: June 18, 2019, 08:59:07 AM »
Hi. if all processes based on electrolysis all produce mostly ionic silver, how does the Silvertron elite produce true colloidal silver?
Chemistry is the melodies you can play on vibrating strings

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
Re: True colloidal silver made by electrolysis is bad?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 06:30:15 PM »
All Colloidal Silver starts as Ionic Silver Oxide, being made by the electrolytic process. The Ionic Silver Oxide (Ionic Silver Oxide) is then reduced by reducing sugars (most commonly glucose, fructose or maltodextrin) or by heat. It is then either used in that condition, or capped (most commonly by gelatin or cinnamon tincture) and then used in that condition.

Very, very few users use it as Ionic Silver Oxide any more, though a few still use it externally. No-one in their right mind drinks Ionic Silver Oxide; only true Colloidal Silver (reduced to colloidal metallic silver) is consumed internally. Read the Articles and practice using the techniques therein.

Offline edwire

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 02:31:20 PM »
thank you, this is why so many advertised as being made by electro-colloidal process as a true colloidal silver, in reality is ionic silver. This is true about sovereign silver.

Ed

Offline edwire

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 02:36:22 PM »
cfnisbet, do you know the particle size of the Ionic Silver Oxide produced with the Silvertron Elite 3? before is converted to colloidal silver.

Online kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 06:45:33 PM »
To be ionic, it must be dissolved, therefore it is one single atom in size.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2019, 01:48:23 AM »
The big question is, given its water white and only 10PPM, WHO would spend the money (for sure hundreds of dollars) to actually test it to find out exactly what it is?

Given this, it could even just be water.  Yep, snake oil.

A therapeutic dose of real colloidal silver is one that raises the level in the blood to about 2PPM.  For a normal adult, that basically says you'd need to drink about a quart of 20PPM to get there and then given the half life in the body is 4-8 days, assuming 4 days that means you lose about 1/4 of it per day so to maintain that therapeutic level in the blood you'd need to drink 8oz of 20PPM for each day thereafter for at least 10 days to make sure you kill all the bad "bugs", including the really strong ones.  THIS is why doctors prescribe a 10 day course of antibiotics. The strong "bugs" can hang on for a while but usually can't survive for 10 days in the presence of antibiotics. In this regard, colloidal silver is no different.

Ionic silver is basically useless unless you want to smurf yourself.  At 10PPM, buying from the healthfood store, you'd go broke long before you were a smurf though (wink).

If you have any sovereign silver or other water clear "colloidal silver", you might try this.  Take a small amount and add a tiny amount of Karo which is a reducing sugar and heat it to around 140F and see over a short period of minutes to a few hours if it changes color to maybe a wheat color being that weak.  If not, its water. If yes, its ionic silver.  In either case though with the expense and how weak it is (they do this on purpose if its not just water) its just a waste of money.

Learn from this site how to make it properly and it basically comes out costing a few pennies more than the distilled water you started with. Yup, even a gallon of 80PPM gel capped, is, assuming a cost of $20/troy oz of silver bullion (its more around $13 these days but I'm high-balling it) works out to be a hair more than a nickel total (5.144 cents) for the silver. Add in the cost of the distilled and you're usually at $1 or less per gallon.  Walmart has distilled now for about 60 cents per gallon. Yeah, WOW!  If you made 120PPM by the gallon (what I do), thats about 8 cents per gallon.  At the real, about $13 per troy oz cost today for the silver, thats almost exactly a nickel's worth of silver. Amazing! 6 gallons of 20PPM equivalent for a nickel plus the cost of the distilled. WOW!

That one troy oz bar of silver, assuming you can use about 80% of it up before it gets too thin to work with anymore is enough to make about 207 GALLONS of 120PPM or about 830  gallons of 20PPM.  YIPE!

Making it yourself is the only way to go.

And the nice part is, putting together a minimal setup, I bet you could do that for $20-$30 which is about what 2 tiny bottles of that worthless Sovereign silver costs.

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2019, 11:37:02 AM »
...And the nice part is, putting together a minimal setup, I bet you could do that for $20-$30 which is about what 2 tiny bottles of that worthless Sovereign silver costs.
I agree with Gene's post, but you can tell if a clear solution is water or Ionic Silver Oxide by the taste. Ionic Silver Oxide has a bitter metallic taste, water does not. This is not quantitative, but it can certainly tell quickly if you have water in your bottle or 10% Ionic Silver Oxide. The Russians used to use Ionic Silver Oxide in their space station drinking water at a very low concentration, for sterilising the water. The USA uses iodine. I cannot be certain as to their reasoning, but my suspicion is that the Russians might be worried about a build-up of iodine in the body, whereas the silver would be more likely to be reduced inside the body, then "recycled" together with the "waste" water.

If anyone has further information about this, please post it under a separate topic, as it has distinct survivalist/prepper importance.

Offline edwire

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2019, 01:29:36 PM »
To be ionic, it must be dissolved, therefore it is one single atom in size.

Kephra, an atom is a million times smaller than the thickest human hair. The diameter of an atom ranges from about 0.1 to 0.5 nanometers (1×10— 10m to 5×10— 10m. The diameter of an atom ranges from about 0.1 to 0.5 nanometers (1 × 10−10 m to 5 × 10−10 m).

What size (nm) is the ionic form produced with the Silvertron using 15mA, hot stirring plate at 20ppm?

Online kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2019, 06:41:57 PM »
Ionic silver is the size of a single silver atom, .330nm diameter.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline edwire

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2019, 03:21:48 AM »

Thank you! so if I was to produce a 20ppm at 15mA with a hot stirring plate without a reducing agent the end product is ionic silver and the ionic particle size would .330 nm correct?

Offline edwire

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2019, 10:22:57 AM »
Never mind the above question Kephra, found all the info here:

https://www.cgcsforum.org/index.php?topic=2625.msg22007#msg22007

Ed

FlyingDutchman

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2019, 04:21:22 PM »

Thank you! so if I was to produce a 20ppm at 15mA with a hot stirring plate without a reducing agent the end product is ionic silver and the ionic particle size would .330 nm correct?

That is not correct: If you use a hot stirring plate, your ionic silver will be -partly- heat reduced, and you will basically have an unknown mix of ionic and metallic silver, with risk of agglomeration into larger particle sizes.
In my experience, there are two ways to go about it: (1) Produce as much ionic silver as possible (stirring, dark, no heat, no additives other than sodium carbonate, low amperage) and then subsequently reducing it (any preferred method), or (2) Electrodissolution and reduction at the same time. In this case you should apply heat according to the necessity of the reducing/capping agent (glucose: room temperature to 40°C, Citrate: 70° to 80°C, gelatin: close to boiling point).

Offline Mer2112

• Participant
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2019, 03:06:48 PM »
Great post Gene, thank you!

The big question is, given its water white and only 10PPM, WHO would spend the money (for sure hundreds of dollars) to actually test it to find out exactly what it is?

Given this, it could even just be water.  Yep, snake oil.

A therapeutic dose of real colloidal silver is one that raises the level in the blood to about 2PPM.  For a normal adult, that basically says you'd need to drink about a quart of 20PPM to get there and then given the half life in the body is 4-8 days, assuming 4 days that means you lose about 1/4 of it per day so to maintain that therapeutic level in the blood you'd need to drink 8oz of 20PPM for each day thereafter for at least 10 days to make sure you kill all the bad "bugs", including the really strong ones.  THIS is why doctors prescribe a 10 day course of antibiotics. The strong "bugs" can hang on for a while but usually can't survive for 10 days in the presence of antibiotics. In this regard, colloidal silver is no different.

Ionic silver is basically useless unless you want to smurf yourself.  At 10PPM, buying from the healthfood store, you'd go broke long before you were a smurf though (wink).

If you have any sovereign silver or other water clear "colloidal silver", you might try this.  Take a small amount and add a tiny amount of Karo which is a reducing sugar and heat it to around 140F and see over a short period of minutes to a few hours if it changes color to maybe a wheat color being that weak.  If not, its water. If yes, its ionic silver.  In either case though with the expense and how weak it is (they do this on purpose if its not just water) its just a waste of money.

Learn from this site how to make it properly and it basically comes out costing a few pennies more than the distilled water you started with. Yup, even a gallon of 80PPM gel capped, is, assuming a cost of $20/troy oz of silver bullion (its more around $13 these days but I'm high-balling it) works out to be a hair more than a nickel total (5.144 cents) for the silver. Add in the cost of the distilled and you're usually at $1 or less per gallon.  Walmart has distilled now for about 60 cents per gallon. Yeah, WOW!  If you made 120PPM by the gallon (what I do), thats about 8 cents per gallon.  At the real, about $13 per troy oz cost today for the silver, thats almost exactly a nickel's worth of silver. Amazing! 6 gallons of 20PPM equivalent for a nickel plus the cost of the distilled. WOW!

That one troy oz bar of silver, assuming you can use about 80% of it up before it gets too thin to work with anymore is enough to make about 207 GALLONS of 120PPM or about 830  gallons of 20PPM.  YIPE!

Making it yourself is the only way to go.

And the nice part is, putting together a minimal setup, I bet you could do that for $20-$30 which is about what 2 tiny bottles of that worthless Sovereign silver costs.

Milhaus

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2019, 07:30:28 AM »
Bad are both ionic  silver and nano silver. There are few papers which does show Ag nanoparticles accumulate in the brain a does have neurodegenerative properties even at very low ppm.
If you dont have really big reason - dont use them.

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2019, 09:14:53 PM »
Ionic silver is silver oxide dissolved in water and yes, its bad in the body because it gets into your cells, locks itself in there as a couple different light sensitive compounds and then subsequent exposure to sunlight turns those compounds a greyish blue color.  Its permanent. Ingest enough IS and you smurf yourself and given the body completely replaces itself every 7 years, once you stop taking it, you could be waiting up to 7 years for the blue to fade away.  Don't do it!

Nanosilver is not the same thing as electrolytically produced colloidal silver.  There was a discussion about nanosilver in another topic on the forum. Its not what you're thinking.

Properly made Colloidal Silver does not cause any issues in the body (other than for pathogens - wink).  Its inert in the body with a half life of 4-8 days. People have drunk a cup of 20PPM every day for years with no deleterious effects.  I cured the wife of a friend of MAC (lung disease - go look it up) in 3 months flat (not the normal 1-2 YEARS taking 3 nasty antibiotics concurrently - oh yeah!) using Colloidal Silver but orally and inhaled using an ultrasonic humidifier.  Its been years and she's still taking 6-8oz of 20PPM a day with no bad effects. Her doctor was flabberghasted and actually told her and her husband when they told the doc what they did that they should patent it (she was THIS impressed).

Oh, and just because a few papers exist doesn't mean they're correct or even on target with reality.  They look for research grants and rush to get so called research out to vie for research money and many times the so called researchers have their heads planted squarely up their butts but they make it sound good enough that they're granted research money.  Just because some one seemingly in a position of authority says it or writes it, does NOT always make it true.  In the end, it always boils down to money - without fail.