Author Topic: Requesting help.  (Read 48270 times)

bcboy

Re: Requesting help.
« Reply #120 on: March 28, 2020, 11:29:32 PM »

Emergency kit, for making colloidal silver, (by Mark, ex-forum member):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xur-oP3bmbc

Nix
Thanks for posting the link.
 ;D

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #121 on: March 29, 2020, 12:40:50 PM »
Thanks for reply.
I did not get any chunks and didn't have to clean the silver roads during the process, the picture is shows the roads after an hour of process. Nothing build up on the roads and the current was 4.6-4.8 almost all the time, I may had to adjust once or twice by 00.1ma.

Thanks again.
I think that I used the wrong word, there. When I said "chunks" I meant small time intervals, not physical chunks of silver oxide.

It is possible to do the calculation on a spreadsheet so that you input the time in minutes and the amperage, and the spreadsheet will calculate the resulting ppm made for that time interval; if you then repeat this, you can add the ppm figures together and produce an approximate total of silver ppm in the resulting batch.

This is actually what the SilverTron does; it counts the silver ions generated over the time interval and integrates the total, only much more accurately.

Smoke7

« Reply #122 on: March 31, 2020, 06:12:22 AM »
Thanks for reply.
I did not get any chunks and didn't have to clean the silver roads during the process, the picture is shows the roads after an hour of process. Nothing build up on the roads and the current was 4.6-4.8 almost all the time, I may had to adjust once or twice by 00.1ma.

Thanks again.
I think that I used the wrong word, there. When I said "chunks" I meant small time intervals, not physical chunks of silver oxide.

It is possible to do the calculation on a spreadsheet so that you input the time in minutes and the amperage, and the spreadsheet will calculate the resulting ppm made for that time interval; if you then repeat this, you can add the ppm figures together and produce an approximate total of silver ppm in the resulting batch.

This is actually what the SilverTron does; it counts the silver ions generated over the time interval and integrates the total, only much more accurately.
Thanks for the explanation, I’ve got really confused with word "chunks" ;D ;D. I found your new post and waiting for completion. Thank you for doing that, we all really appreciate your time and help.     

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #123 on: March 31, 2020, 10:43:27 AM »
Your last photo looks pefect for 20 ppm.

Smoke7

« Reply #124 on: March 31, 2020, 11:35:10 PM »
Your last photo looks perfect for 20 ppm.
Thank you, It means a lot to me.  :)

Toenail

« Reply #125 on: April 04, 2020, 03:06:43 AM »
I greatly appreciate the information on this site as it has made my attempts to make excellent colloidal silver.  I really though I had established my final setup but I see something I did not expect.  I am using a 30 vdc supply with a LM317 to keep the current constant.  It seems to really work great.  I used a 14 gauge solid copper wire for the Cathode and a 1 ounce bar for the Anode.  The bar is almost completely submerged.  I adjusted the voltage to approximately 18 volts and the current to 10ma and ran for 30 minutes.  It seemed to make a really nicely colored liter of Colloidal Silver but I did notice something I had not seen before.  The Cathode was providing a steady stream of fine bubbles.  Not the same as the smoke I have seen previously from the Anode.  I use a stirrer and it pulls a pool down about 1 1/2 inches.  Am I doing something wrong.  I see no smoke from the Anode.  Anyone have a comment? 

Toenail

« Reply #126 on: April 07, 2020, 03:46:47 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I am very pleased with the results from following the basic guidelines presented here.  I did find other information on the internet but this site seems to be the very best.

Offline Turbidaceous

• Participant
  • Living in the UK
« Reply #127 on: April 07, 2020, 04:20:56 PM »
This reminds me why I am here. Who, but a scientist/chemist/etc would know this and be able to plan something like the recipe on this site to reliably make a good Colloidal Silver product? You just cannot beat this forum. I very much appreciate what you have done for the world. It may not be easy for a lot of people to do, but you have made this so much more accessible to those of us who can do it, when we know how.

Thanks

The negative electrode generates hydrogen gas when the sodium ions are reduced and then react with water.

Na + H2O  -> NaOH +H

This regenerates the electrolyte.

RedDogJT

« Reply #128 on: April 09, 2020, 05:50:17 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I am very pleased with the results from following the basic guidelines presented here.  I did find other information on the internet but this site seems to be the very best.
Toenail, you said you are using a magnetic stirrer? Then no heat?  You also mentioned it pulls down the surface with the vortex wave?  I could see that might create problems if your not careful.  Is the stirrer dialed down to the lowest setting?

RedDogJT

« Reply #129 on: April 09, 2020, 06:04:02 PM »

Emergency kit, for making colloidal silver, (by Mark, ex-forum member):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xur-oP3bmbc

Nix
Thanks Nix, but on the baking the baking soda, is that also recommended here?

RedDogJT

« Reply #130 on: April 09, 2020, 08:08:56 PM »
You must either use washing soda, or baking soda that has been converted.
So it is just sodium carbonate, nothing else? That is what this product is then? It is so darn cheap, less than $5 and free shipping! I'm wondering if this is pure?
Some of the online resources have cautions if ingested and others call it a "food additive"  Are they all equal if they only say Sodium Carbonate?

« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 08:19:39 PM by RedDogJT »

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #131 on: April 09, 2020, 08:25:26 PM »
Arm & Hammer Soldium Carbonate is the one you want if you are not making your own. Remember that you need to use a little more is you use the sodium carbonate monohydrate. 12.4 g per 100 mls of Distilled Water.

TheresaBee

« Reply #132 on: April 22, 2020, 08:52:58 PM »
Evening all.
I hope this is the right place to post my plea for assistance. I've been making 2 litre batches of gel capped 320ppm with my Silvertron with no problems. However, the last three times I've got it up and running, I've found the oxide build up on the anode and cathode suddenly switches about a third of the way through, and silver plates the inside of my jar instead! Every time I suspend the run to clean the anode and cathode, there is next to nothing to wipe off, and I see the jar has started to get the shiny silver look.
I've tried making fresh electrolyte, and my workspace is scrupulously clean, but the batch I'm doing today is going the same way. It seems to start off fine,  the first time I suspend the run to clean, there is the normal expected amount of oxide to remove, but it goes tits up after that I'm sorry to say.  :(
My question is, why has it started to do this? (I've been making silver for about 2 and a half years with my Silvertron) oh and also is the colloidal silver useless? Technically that's two questions sorry  ;D
P.s The finished stuff tastes and behaves normally, and is clear once diluted in a glass of water, so I dunno what I'm doing!

RedDogJT

« Reply #133 on: April 22, 2020, 08:56:57 PM »
Best to wait for the expert wgpeters to answer, as it is a technical and mechanical problem.

RedDogJT

« Reply #134 on: April 22, 2020, 10:07:51 PM »
@TheresaBee:

Apparently some difference has snuck into your procedures.  The jar silvers because the ionic silver is not being reduced fast enough, which may imply your reducing agent has gone bad, or is not enough.  So I would double check your Karo.

Once a jar has become silvered, you should not use until the silver is removed from the jars surface.  If its still semi transparent, you can salvage it by soaking it in peroxide.  The silvering creates another electrode which interferes with the process.

Since it used to work for you, something has changed with the chemistry.
Speaking of chemistry, WG can you tell me why Hydrogen Peroxide will interact and clean silver?  I'm asking because many people (myself included) inhale H2O2 almost everyday.