Author Topic: My first question in forum : Silvergen conversion  (Read 416 times)

squirrel64

My first question in forum : Silvergen conversion
« on: June 07, 2020, 09:23:36 PM »
I have finally got a chance to set back and do some reading after introducing myself a couple of months ago. As you can see by the topic, I have a silvergen and will be trying to make Colloidal Silver with this until I can get some better equipment. Which won't be long. But in the meantime I have a few questions about the steps to be taken.

I have the CS6. As per the instructions from CFNISBET, I maxed out all the pots inside. Will be producing in a quart jar. Converted the baking soda as per instructions. I have karo light syrup. All I have right now are the strips that come with the silvergen and instructions from CFNISBET said to split one in half, length ways. I will be ordering a hotplate soon. Already have 2 DMM's ready. I understand all the hookups I need to make.

And I have read and reread many things on here. But I do need some clarification on the procedure list after everything is hooked up and and ready to go. Without any readings on a screen, just a little confused about the procedure and how to judge what is happening with this machine. Main question is where should the adjustment knob be positioned ? Most of the discussion about this is related to the SG7,,,,,,,,,,,Or should I just donate this thing to science and start with some good equipment !!    Thanks for any help !
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 09:31:42 PM by squirrel64 »

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
Re: My first question in forum : Silvergen conversion
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 09:16:30 AM »
It's not perfect as the SG7 has reversing-polarity, but it works OK. Turn the machine up to the max and space your two electrodes further apart as per the Silvergen thread.