Author Topic: Power supplies  (Read 2209 times)

mizpatel

Power supplies
« on: June 12, 2020, 04:50:05 AM »
Power supplies

Is this supplier good at generate gold
/silver/titanium Colloidal?
I know it is in Hebrew but there is information in English

Can you tell me what do you think of the subject?
https://www.talmir.co.il/product/32669.htm

Thank you and a lovely and peaceful day
mia

bcboy

Re: Power supplies
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 10:24:14 AM »

mizpatel

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 01:36:46 PM »
https://www.talmir.co.il/gallery/1483954071.pdf

Can you explain to me, why does it fit, to what I want?
I don't understand it at all, I'm learning now
Thanks

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 03:26:49 PM »
Thanks
Yes, this is a good unit.

I used to be a kibbutz volunteer many years ago, near the Green Line (very close to Tul Karem). Nice to have a forum member or two from Israel.

Shabbat Shalom for tomorrow!

mizpatel

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2020, 05:20:47 PM »
Thanks
Yes, this is a good unit.

I used to be a kibbutz volunteer many years ago, near the Green Line (very close to Tul Karem). Nice to have a forum member or two from Israel.

Shabbat Shalom for tomorrow!

Thanks Colin :)
I also live in the kibbutz
But near Lebanon
lovely weekend

mizpatel

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2020, 05:30:52 PM »
Colin
Can you tell me which cable
Best for this device?
And for connecting gold / silver wire
What else do I need to buy from this store
You understand a little Hebrew, right? ... please be yes :)

https://www.talmir.co.il/index-products.php?page=productBrowse&view=saif&saifid=1922
Thanks

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2020, 07:00:26 PM »
If you're talking about the meters, I can't say I've EVER seen one that didn't come with probes (a.k.a. probe leads - cables with probe points at the end), especially flukes (the Cadillac of meters - they've been high quality industrial and have been in production for a LONG time - many decades).

I'd be surprised even if your choice was the other one that it didn't come with a set of probes.

Even the $8-10 meters from china come with probes.  A cheap harborfreight or sears or similar meter (chinese for sure) has enough accuracy for what you need to do with it.  The fluke may be overkill but as long as you take care of it, it'll last you a lifetime.

One feature I do like is for the display to have a backlight because those reflective LCD's sometimes are difficult to see in dim light.

Unfortunately, back when I got mine (decades ago), no one ever thought about backlights, perhaps because white light LED's didn't exist back then.

Just an aside which is a curious bit of trivia.  White light LED's aren't.  They're actually BLUE LED's where they put a phosphor over the die that translates the blue light into the white spectrum. This is why with cheap LED flashlights you can see a blue corona around the white spot - poor quality LED's where they cheaped out on the phosphor as much as they could and it shows.

mizpatel

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2020, 08:48:07 PM »
Thank you very much :)
So the device is supposed to come with wires ... Sorry I didn't know that
And now what I have left to buy is gold/silver/copper wire?
Is there anything else I need to purchase?
Except for some additives to the water, which is listed in the guide
Tanks

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2020, 09:52:52 PM »
That power supply seems fine. It has a current limiter BUT the display resolution is 1ma meaning that for any current between 0.5ma and 1.5ma its going to read 1ma. Thats woefully inadequate so you can't rely on the display.  Adjust the current setting using your DVMM.

If you're using the current limiter (Colloidal Silver), set the power supply voltage to be maybe 5-10V higher than your desired cell voltage to cover the current limiters headroom requirement (if there is any) and to give the current limiter some breathing room beyond this so it can adapt to changing load to still keep the current constant.

For copper wire, a piece of telephone cross-connect wire or a piece of wire out of a CAT 3,4,5,6 (think there's CAT6 now) ethernet cable or any similar thing where the wire is around 22-24 gauge will work nicely.

The reason I and others are starting to use such thin wire is because, if you use the home wire (12-14 gauge) as we all did initially, the adjustment for cell voltage gets REALLY touchy AND the wire will barely be glancing the surface of the water.  A hair of evaporation and it disconnects and now you have no clue what PPM you made.  With thin copper wire, for 10-12v across the cell (running 10ma at least which is what I do), you'll have maybe 3/4" of the wire submerged where even with evaporation, its unlikely that you won't see it happening where you'll top it off long before the water drops below the end of the wire.

It all seems daunting at first but once you have a setup and you've made it through your first run you'll wonder why you got so hot and bothered about it. Making Colloidal Silver is easy. I can't speak about colloidal gold because I've never made any but the process looks nearly as simple and in some ways simpler.

Do let us know how you made out once you get your first run done and for sure, if you're confused about something, ask questions.  Thats what we're all here for.

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2020, 09:30:38 AM »
Colin
Can you tell me which cable
Best for this device?
And for connecting gold / silver wire
What else do I need to buy from this store
You understand a little Hebrew, right? ... please be yes :)

https://www.talmir.co.il/index-products.php?page=productBrowse&view=saif&saifid=1922
Thanks

All those wires are the correct type, they are fine. You want one with a banana plug on one end and a crocodile clip on the other. The banana plug goes into the PSU and the crocodile clip goes on the electrode.

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2020, 09:33:25 AM »
Which Kibbutz? Mine was Kibbutz Bahan, on the road from Netanya to Tul Karem (very close to Tul Karem). I used to walk into Samaria on Saturdays to have a coffee in the Arab towns.

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2020, 08:44:26 PM »
Regarding alligator clips (what we call them in the US), you want the small ones - believe they're 28mm or something like that.  The big ones won't grab a thin piece of copper wire very well.

Also, you may not need banana plugs on the power supply end.  Look closely.  Those banana jacks have a knurled outside.  With power supplies, usually that unscrews to expose a thru-hole in the back of the banana jack in the gap you open up. Just slide a copper wire into that hole and screw back down until its hand tight (don't overdo it) and you're good.

For sure though, you won't know until it arrives because there's only one photo and not a very good resolution but when it does arrive see if you grab the outside plastic of the banana jack if you can unscrew it.  If it does, look to see if there's the hole I talk about (its usually vertical) and if so you can forego finding alligator->banana leads and can simply use an alligator clip on whatever reasonably sized piece of copper wire you choose.  Given the low current, even 24-26 gauge would be fine but I'm not so sure the banana jack would hold it reliably and it may be an issue mating it to the alligator clip.  I'd think more like 20gauge or so but use what looks good to you. It'll be fine.

mizpatel

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2020, 03:18:05 AM »
Which Kibbutz? Mine was Kibbutz Bahan, on the road from Netanya to Tul Karem (very close to Tul Karem). I used to walk into Samaria on Saturdays to have a coffee in the Arab towns.
  Kibbutz Malkiya :)

mizpatel

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2020, 03:42:13 AM »
I Found this generator?
What do you say about him?
Is this company/Website good?
It won't be any easier for me, to buy a device like this , And connect the wires to this generator?
That he is already ready and only needs to plug in and do nothing with it
I really don't understand anything

Generator, Gold/Silver/Copper Wires
And everything needed in the same place

I don't know if the gold/copper wire is suitable for this generator
I wrote to them about these things, waiting for an answer from them
But maybe because they sell everything so everything fits their generator

https://www.procolloidalsilver.com/Colloidal Silver-generators

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2020, 05:52:36 PM »
It would work but all commercial generators are very expensive and only make Ionic Silver Oxide. They also don't properly calculate the ppm. It is much cheaper and more effective to use a standard power supply of the type you previously found.