Author Topic: Acid Tests by RickinWI for Colloidal Silver  (Read 10159 times)

Offline RickinWI

• Expert
  • Participant
Acid Tests by RickinWI for Colloidal Silver
« on: May 14, 2015, 09:53:14 PM »
I just recently discovered that my 20 PPM glucose reduced colloidal silver does not hold up very well at all when adding various different things that it could encounter in the stomach. I tested it against things like salt, Vinegar, 1/10th Molar Hydrochloric acid, 1/10 M HCl that was diluted 3:1 or 9:1 with DW, etc.  The harshest seemed to be the HCl acid with some salt added, but ALL of the things I added broke down the colloidal silver colloid fairly quickly into various different colors or turned it clear.

I also tested my 20 PPM Cinnamon Reduced (and therefore capped) colloidal silver against all of the above. It held up much better than the glucose reduced colloidal silver, but it also fell prey to the salty acid mix.

So I tried capping the glucose reduced colloidal silver with gelatin & it worked like a charm. The Gel-Capped colloidal silver held up to everything INCLUDING straight 1/10 Molar HCL with salt thrown in to boot. The 1/10th Molar HCl acid is said to have a pH of 1.0 which is lower than most accounts of the pH of stomach acid (pH 1.5 -3.5)
On the bottle it reads:Hydrochloric Acid 0.1M Labratory Grade 
Contains: water (99.68%), Hydrochloric Acid (0.314%)

To do the tests I added 10 gm of whatever reagent to 30 gm of colloidal silver. Pretty harsh environment & yet it holds up well.

The nice thing is that you do not need a heated stirrer to do this. Followed Kephra's instructions he gave in a different thread. Just take any colloidal silver that you already made like normal and bring to a boil on the stove or hot plate. Add Gelatin, stir a little & allow to cool. Easy as making Jello. Thanks, Kephra.

I started out adding 4 gm Gel per L and tested . Worked great. Then went down to 3 gm per L with same result. 2 gm = same.  1 gm = same.   
All the way down to 0.5 gm Gel/L with same result. Makes sense because only need to cap 20 mg of silver particles with 500 mg of Gel.  Even stood up to salty straight 1/10 Molar HCl. I now use 0.7 gm/L of Gelatin. Much easier to melt 0.7 gm into a L than 4 gm.
There is no taste, but at 4 gm/L you can definitely FEEL the difference. (smooth)
At 0.7 gm/L you barely know it's there.

Did same thing with my already made Cinnamon Reduced colloidal silver with same great results. Many of the people I give it to, including myself, prefer the slight Cinnamon flavor. Probably just a mental thing. Seems like something that color should taste like something:-)   So I guess my Gel-cap Cinnamon reduced colloidal silver is actually capped & re-capped?  With the 2 coats on there I'm sure it makes it through the stomach no problem, but I hope both layers get fully digested off in time to allow it to be absorbed?

I wonder if it would be better to reduce with glucose, then cap with Gel & then later on add a few drops of Cinn Extract for flavor?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 11:58:45 PM by kephra »
So many VARIABLES & so little TIME.

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
Re: Acid Tests by RickinWI
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 12:56:41 PM »
Excellent experiments, thank you.

Offline PeterXXL

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 06:34:42 PM »
Thumbs up RickinWI for a great experiment :)

I have also wondering about the suggested 1 gram Gelatin per 250 ml colloidal silver, which seem to be just too much. But it depends on the concentration (ppm) of colloidal silver. I use that for 320 ppm gelatin capped colloidal silver, but will try with less next time.

I have bought Lipoic Acid (α-lipoic acid), and Tannic Acid (which both are used professionally by a company (www.nanocomposix.eu) who makes nanoparticles of silver and gold as common capping agents), and will try them as capping agents instead of gelatin or cinnamon extract to see how stable they are in comparison.

pawelk

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 06:53:15 PM »
Great work.

Offline kephra

• The older I get, the better I was
  • Administrator
  • Participant
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 07:27:19 PM »
Quote from: PeterXXL
I have also wondering about the suggested 1 gram Gelatin per 250 ml colloidal silver, which seem to be just too much. But it depends on the concentration (ppm) of colloidal silver. I use that for 320 ppm gelatin capped colloidal silver, but will try with less next time.
Yes, scale the gelatin by the milligrams of silver, not ml of water.  So for 20 ppm, you would want 1/16 th gram gelatin. 

When I made up the formula, I calculated the amount of gelatin based on:
320 ppm particles
250 ml
14 nm diameter
10 % of the silver atoms on the surface of the particle.
1 molecule of gelatin for each surface atom.
The molecular weight of knox gelatin as 60,000 daltons.  It may be heavier, that is the bottom of the range.
The atomic weight of silver is 107 daltons.

Given those parameters, the weight of the silver in the solution is 80 mg with 8 mg of surface atoms.
Gelatin is 600 times heavier than silver.
So, the amount needed to coat the particles with one gelatin molecule per silver surface atom would be then 4.8 grams.

But when I tried it out, that much gelatin made glop instead of liquid, so I kept reducing it until I got a stable solution that did not gel.

Apparently the gelatin molecules are so big that each one covers and protects more than one surface atom. 

So while you think it is too much, I thought it was too little.

There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline Gene

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 08:48:47 PM »
Just so I'm not misreading this, 1/16g gelatin per 250ml of 20PPM, so 0.25g per liter of 20PPM as a minimum?

Thanks.

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 09:06:13 PM »
Thats what I would try.
There is the unknown and the unknowable.  It's a wise man who knows the difference.

Offline peri1224

• Participant
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 02:45:36 AM »
It's initiative for experimentation that takes the world forward. Appreciate it.
These are the dosages derived from Kephra's recommendation of 4 g/L of 320 ppm.
ppm   mg gel./L
20   250
40   500
80   1,000
160   2,000
320   4,000

So with 700 mg/L of 20 ppm, you are almost 3 times higher than K.
The question is if this capped Colloidal Silver makes it through the stomach, which is by far the harshest environment it will encounter inside your body, will it ever shed its capping in order to zap the bad guys? Or is it possible that the size is so big that it can't even get into the blood?

Offline FromTheDen

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2015, 03:24:14 AM »
Very interesting experiments!
Don't we want the capping removed in the stomach? It seems like it would be best for the silver to be uncapped and absorbed early in the process so it kills bacteria in the bloodstream rather than the digestive tract where it might meet the good bacteria later on and take them out.

Offline RickinWI

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2015, 05:31:44 AM »
It's initiative for experimentation that takes the world forward. Appreciate it.
These are the dosages derived from Kephra's recommendation of 4 g/L of 320 ppm.
ppm   mg gel./L
20   250
40   500
80   1,000
160   2,000
320   4,000

So with 700 mg/L of 20 ppm, you are almost 3 times higher than K.
The question is if this capped Colloidal Silver makes it through the stomach, which is by far the harshest environment it will encounter inside your body, will it ever shed its capping in order to zap the bad guys? Or is it possible that the size is so big that it can't even get into the blood?

I figured I could still go lower when I was @ 0.5 gm per L.  I could tell that I wasn't approaching the boundary because @ 0.5 gm/L it was just as bullet proof as when I used 1.0 gm and higher.

Will it ever shed it's cap?  I certainly hope so. Worked well for my wife's recent cold but that is a sample size of one.  However Kephra & the others who have been making & using higher PPM have not reported any decrease in efficacy with capped colloidal silver.

Just a  guess but I picture the digestion of the gelatin starting in the stomach. Then continuing to completion in the small intestine. Once gelatin fully digested off then silver particles can be absorbed. At least I HOPE that's the scenario.

The reason I say that it starts in the stomach is this. My capped colloidal silver held up 100% overnight, but when I let it sit there for a couple more days eventually it went clear. That was in the straight 1/10 M HCl acid with salt added. (supposedly pH 1.0)  So I picture the stomach acid "softening up" the gelatin so it can be further digested in the small intestine.

I don't think it would be able to get into the bloodstream until all the gelatin was fully digested off.

Offline RickinWI

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2015, 05:57:11 AM »
Very interesting experiments!
Don't we want the capping removed in the stomach? It seems like it would be best for the silver to be uncapped and absorbed early in the process so it kills bacteria in the bloodstream rather than the digestive tract where it might meet the good bacteria later on and take them out.

Judging from my initial experiments with uncapped colloidal silver I would definitely say that we DO NOT want the cap removed in the stomach. I was shocked to see just how vulnerable glucose reduced colloidal silver is to just salt alone, or to vinegar which is only pH 4.0 I think.  The colloidal silver broke down & either changed color or went clear in a very short time, as in seconds or minutes. I don't know what the silver particles change to when exposed to these things, but it is no longer colloidal silver as we know it in our mason jars.   Perhaps whatever it breaks down to is just as effective as silver particles?  How else would everyone be getting good results from drinking uncapped colloidal silver all these years?  Afterall, the silver is still there, it just isn't in the same form as when we drank it if uncapped.

It takes some doing to find HCl acid that someone is willing to ship to you, but everyone has access to table salt & vinegar. Hopefully some others will try my experiments to make sure results are universal.

Of course then the next question would be once it successfully makes it's way into the small intestine & the gel-cap is fully digested & removed, then what else might it encounter there? Hopefully nothing as harsh as salty acid.

Offline peri1224

• Participant
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2015, 07:55:07 AM »
Have read up a little about gelatine. If it holds up against the stomach juices and makes it to the small intestines, very good. There the gelatine is digested by protease enzymes from the pancreas. If there is any glucose coating left, amylase enzymes will also digest that to finally free the Colloidal Silver particle from any protective coatings, ready to do the job it's meant to do. At least that's the way I understand it...

Offline kephra

• Administrator
  • Participant
    • My World As I See It
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2015, 11:11:17 AM »
It takes some doing to find HCl acid that someone is willing to ship to you, but everyone has access to table salt & vinegar. Hopefully some others will try my experiments to make sure results are universal.
Most hardware stores sell hydrochloric acid.  They might call it muriatic acid, and it is used for cleaning stonework.
If you experiment with it, be sure to wear eye protection and gloves.

Offline cfnisbet

• Administrator
  • Participant
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2015, 12:13:38 PM »
Yes, I buy this for cleaning my toilet; it's very much cheaper than the "proper thing". In Britain, they refer to it as "Brick Acid" from builders' merchants, because it's used by builders to remove the white stains on new brickwork.

But be warned, Kephra is correct; it is VERY strong; don't take liberties with it, and use it in a place where you can wash away spills with plenty of water, likewise if you get any on your bare skin, rinse fast and thoroughly. Keep it away from children. The burns start painlessly, like they do with Sodium Hydroxide.

Also, don't use it anywhere near stainless steel or chrome plating. All the sinks in my previous home will have greyish plugholes if you make that mistake.

Offline RickinWI

• Expert
  • Participant
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2015, 05:14:35 PM »
Yes, very true about the HCl acid danger.  I would not want my report to result in somebody's injury.   The stuff I got was 1/10th Molar which is EXTREMELY weak compared to what other kinds of HCl acid they had available. I think 10M and maybe higher than that?

But even @ 1/10 Molar it is supposed to have a pH of 1.0 so imagine how strong 100M would be.

But it is really not necessary to obtain HCl acid in order to verify the fact that the uncapped colloidal silver is VERY fragile. All you need is 30 ml  of colloidal silver in a small glass and a pinch of salt or a splash of Vinegar to see the result for yourself. Once you see that then it would be obvious that stomach acid would break down the colloidal silver even quicker.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 05:39:44 PM by RickinWI »